Member's pack just arrived!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Well, I hope the interstate one's arrive in Adelaide soon...I could really use a scarf right now.
ROFLMAO

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Darren
Club Player

Just got my Saints membership in the mail. :D
and nearly died outside due to the heat

Duggie1
Club Player

Good news, they're moving smartly this year. I was told to expect a mailing out from 7 Feb. :lol:

Always a Saint
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Whoo hoo mine arrived today.

In the owrds of Montgomery Burns "Exxccelent"

Though apparently Foundation Members are now Diamond Members.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Mine has still not arrived :(

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Solar wrote:bugger it, I will make the call

Well done to the club on getting out the first lot before the intra club match.

For all the crap that gets thrown at the club my hats off to the staff and volunteers
I dont have mine yet..but seconded anyway :-)
They are sending them out to the "NICE" people first. Word has it that you will be 2nd last to receive yours :roll: :oops: :roll: :wink: !!
Mine arrived today.

Att Membership Dept: You can now send out memberships to the likes of saint66au :wink: !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I got mine today, was impressed, that was until I saw what an Essendon "boundary line" $60 a year member got. (ie. no game admittance, basically a donation for MCC members/interstate/non attending members etc.)

They got an Essendon Umbrella, small beach towell, cap, and a few other things I can't remember that we didn't get.

Basically, it dawned on me: Increase your marketing budget and get the Saints brand out there full-on.

The bloke that paid his 60 bucks (an MCC member), was impressed with all the stuff, and it provided plenty of advertising of his club.

Whilst our club should be commended for getting the gear out early, so we can all promote the club with our stickers, caps and importantly warm scarves from now, wouldn't it be terrific if a few more $$$ could be spent on more Chinese imports with the Saints brand on it?!

Re the caps: Given it's Summer, if they sent the caps out in the mail (yeah increased postage costs!), I reckon you'd see plenty of new '09 caps out on the street from tomorrow.......with the current (cheaper) system, a lot of people will wait until round 1 until collecting their caps. ie. a missed 2 months of exposure/advertising!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Mine still in the mail obviously....what are the stickers like??? and what is the motto...haven't seen one in this peninsula St.Kilda stronghold...lots of faded 06,07,08 ones still being proudly dispayed on rear car windows...the 06 a bugger to get off and the 08 faded in a few months :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
lendog heaven
Club Player

member package

don't get too excited abt the 'prompt turnaround' - a relo who is a filth member got her whole package incl printed members ticket within 2 weeks of coughing up the folding stuff and before xmas!

Tramps like us.............
matrix
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
Gram01 wrote:Can you tell me what exactly is in it?
Lanyard - keyring - membership card - sticker - fridge magnet with fixture - scarf voucher - Harves DVD.
and for all the interstaters, a shopping bad , a pair of socks and a teatowel thrown in :)

did anyone else get the black key??? with 2009 member on it???

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Cherubs kit came yesterday to Sydney (plate, scarf, bandana thing, keyring, etc.) Stickers were the favourite thing followed by the scarf. The latter has already been used to try and strangle older brothers watching TV. Member's sticker is now on the car - look for the blue Honda CRV in the inner west and give me awave!

Agree with saintspremiers on the marketing budget - it's vital for interstate/detached members to get some of that crap, it makes us feel that we belong. Especially those of us with kids, who really engage with the marketing things. Caps are great - all school kids would like them, scarf is OK but a members cap for all (with black, not that Bill Express effort!) would be terrific. Also throwing all sorts of black white and red stuff in for interstate social club members who crave stuff to show off their allegiance.

RoseInOz
Club Player

My pack arrived in South-East Qld, this morning. The scarf is a bit disappointing, too much white as others have said. I think the marketing is important, and the more merchandise they throw at us the more they get the brand out there. I will be showing mine off to all who know I am a Sainter.
Now I have to talk my husband into getting my Saint key cut. LOL

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
doppler effect
Club Player

RoseInOz wrote:My pack arrived in South-East Qld, this morning. The scarf is a bit disappointing, too much white as others have said. I think the marketing is important, and the more merchandise they throw at us the more they get the brand out there. I will be showing mine off to all who know I am a Sainter.
Now I have to talk my husband into getting my Saint key cut. LOL
I agree, way too much white in the scarf. It'll be hard to distinguish the Saints from the Swans fans on the 28th of Mar

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Disapointed with mine. The letter looked like it has been scrunched up

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:Mine still in the mail obviously....what are the stickers like??? and what is the motto...haven't seen one in this peninsula St.Kilda stronghold...lots of faded 06,07,08 ones still being proudly dispayed on rear car windows...the 06 a bugger to get off and the 08 faded in a few months :roll:
You will find that the 2009 sticker has been pre faded. :shock:

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Got mine today. Did anyone else the big plastic sign with suction caps so you can stick the sign on the inside of your car.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
esaint66
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:Did anyone else the big plastic sign with suction caps so you can stick the sign on the inside of your car.

Yep, thought it was a little to big for the car so i've stuck it on my window. I'm a concession member so i got the big sign and a drink bottle with a satchel bag opn it's way.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

esaint66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Did anyone else the big plastic sign with suction caps so you can stick the sign on the inside of your car.

Yep, thought it was a little to big for the car so i've stuck it on my window. I'm a concession member so i got the big sign and a drink bottle with a satchel bag opn it's way.
Yeah, well that must have been my son's pack, I wonder what's in the satchel bag that is still to come

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Got mine today. :D :D :D :D
I agree that the white is a bit overdone on the scarf but it's better than nothing. Not sure if I'll wear the bed socks tonight?

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Got mine ysterday....happy dance..beat the hell outta Round 1 less 24 hrs like last year lol :-)

Interesting that after many years the Members pin is now a keyring

Does anyone know if you can buy the backing that can be superglued to the back of it to turn it back into a pin again :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Anyone from SA seen one yet?

jk23
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Got mine ysterday....happy dance..beat the hell outta Round 1 less 24 hrs like last year lol :-)

Interesting that after many years the Members pin is now a keyring

Does anyone know if you can buy the backing that can be superglued to the back of it to turn it back into a pin again :-)
Have not received mine yet, not happy.
You can purchase brooch clips at craft stores /spotlight

*BaLLy iS BeST*
Club Player

esaint66 wrote:

yep got mine too. bit pumped cos this is the first year im paying for my own membership. i like the plastic sign its a good idea - and i didnt even know i was getting a satchel bag until i opened the pack so that was a bonus! my membership says im a gold member (based on consecutive years thing?) - does this mean anything or is it just for looks?

oh i cant wait for the season to start!

i will miss you bally. but i guess you just didn't want to be here.

heres hoping you are regretting that choice on that last day in september 2010 - go saints.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

*BaLLy iS BeST* wrote:
esaint66 wrote:

yep got mine too. bit pumped cos this is the first year im paying for my own membership. i like the plastic sign its a good idea - and i didnt even know i was getting a satchel bag until i opened the pack so that was a bonus! my membership says im a gold member (based on consecutive years thing?) - does this mean anything or is it just for looks?

oh i cant wait for the season to start!
Yeah, my son was rapt with the stuff he received, does anyone know what is going to be this Saints Satchel???

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

This is the first I've heard of a satchel, I got a concession membership so I assume i will receive it shortly... Could come in handy for uni :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!