Max to the forward line ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Not only can't he kick but I'm not sure he's a great contested mark.
Actually Max takes a really good grab of the footy he just doesn't get to do it all that often. Saw he take a few crackers at AAMI in Adelaide. I was pretty shocked but impressed.
No he doesnt.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The blokes probably still the best spoiler in the competition, why do you want him taking contested marks all the time? . Dangerous business in the position he plays against the likes of Buddy and Fev.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
PJ
SS Life Member

No he doesnt.
Actually yes he does

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 3:12am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
No he doesnt.
Actually yes he does
Max not Matt. Takes 1-2 contested marks a year. Sounds ideal for a forward spot. Lets play him forward and King at FB and while we are at it lets put MG on the wing.

I reckon if we tried these players in new positions we would be a top 2 side afterall it looks like Buddy will go back this year to cover Croad.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
PJ wrote:
No he doesnt.
Actually yes he does
Max not Matt. Takes 1-2 contested marks a year. Sounds ideal for a forward spot. Lets play him forward and King at FB and while we are at it lets put MG on the wing.

I reckon if we tried these players in new positions we would be a top 2 side afterall it looks like Buddy will go back this year to cover Croad.
I would put Roo at FB... then we'd have a "kick it to myself" gameplan :shock:

BTW, didn't Fraser play on the wing for WCE?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
aussiejones
Club Player

Remember Verdun Howell FB went to FF ..kicked a bag

EB
Club Player

Solar wrote:you know you've drunk too much when.....

you want to play the best FB down forward :wink:
SOS?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

EB wrote:
Solar wrote:you know you've drunk too much when.....

you want to play the best FB down forward :wink:
SOS?
Better mark, better kick, stronger and was FB of the century. Love Max but he is a FB and cannot play anywhere near the forward line.

PJ
SS Life Member

Takes 1-2 contested marks a year.
Irrelevant stat - he never tries to mark, it's not his game that's why he's so effective as fullback.

I was forgetting for a minute that Ross calls you and WJ for your incredibly concise footy knowledge each week - by the way say hi for me.

And those "oh so funny, gut busting" sarcastic comments keep me giggling for days.....well hours..... for a little bit....actually not all.

I've heard the little league are looking for an assistant to help make notes for their opposition analysis - right up your alley.

P.S. I'll wave to you when your next on Fox Footy teams giving your outstanding position information on the ins and outs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Takes 1-2 contested marks a year.
Irrelevant stat - he never tries to mark, it's not his game that's why he's so effective as fullback.

I was forgetting for a minute that Ross calls you and WJ for your incredibly concise footy knowledge each week - by the way say hi for me.

And those "oh so funny, gut busting" sarcastic comments keep me giggling for days.....well hours..... for a little bit....actually not all.

I've heard the little league are looking for an assistant to help make notes for their opposition analysis - right up your alley.

P.S. I'll wave to you when your next on Fox Footy teams giving your outstanding position information on the ins and outs.
So when does Max take contested marks if he doesnt have to. He must have taken a few for you to know how good he is at it. And as for me being sarcastic well seriously when you get posters with such little knowledge how else can you deal with it without embarrassing that poster.

PJ
SS Life Member

I've simply said I've seen Max take a few good grabs in a game.

Why don't you tell me exactly why I have a lack of knowledge without boring everyone with your self interested garbage.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:I've simply said I've seen Max take a few good grabs in a game.

Why don't you tell me exactly why I have a lack of knowledge without boring everyone with your self interested garbage.
Well I simply said he doesnt.

PJ
SS Life Member

You and I have opinions plugger66 don't paint it up as knowledge or fact.

Someone said Max can't take a contested mark I simply replied by saying that actually I've seen him take a couple so clearly he can.

IYO he can't - fine. But to bag other people by saying you have no footy knowledge is just cr*p - sorry NFI.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:You and I have opinions plugger66 don't paint it up as knowledge or fact.

Someone said Max can't take a contested mark I simply replied by saying that actually I've seen him take a couple so clearly he can.

IYO he can't - fine. But to bag other people by saying you have no footy knowledge is just cr*p - sorry NFI.
If you could show me the post were I bagged someone before they bagged me in this thread please show it to me.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

aussiejones wrote:Remember Verdun Howell FB went to FF ..kicked a bag
and so did gehrig. very good footballers are more adaptable than some on here think.

i've no doubt max could have made a good forward, but it is way too late in his career to be tried now.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Gee it is only Jan, and yet we probably already have the worst OP of 2009.

It would take a real doozy to be this one!!!!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:Gee it is only Jan, and yet we probably already have the worst OP of 2009.

It would take a real doozy to be this one!!!!!!
Just wait for my "Roo to fullback" post. :D

PJ
SS Life Member

No sarcasm here plugger66?????

By the way have I suggested we put Max at FF? Nup exactly the opposite

Have I said Max is known for his contested marks? Nup I said I've seen it before.

Someone proposed (all be it after a few beers) that Max should have a crack at FF - a hypothetical argument. I didn't agree but pointed out I've seen him take a couple so it's possible - another hypothetical argument.

I used to enjoy reading what you had to say - but I've got the picture now, Thanks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:

Have I said Max is known for his contested marks? Nup I said I've seen it before.

Someone proposed (all be it after a few beers) that Max should have a crack at FF - a hypothetical argument. I didn't agree but pointed out I've seen him take a couple so it's possible - another hypothetical argument.

I used to enjoy reading what you had to say - but I've got the picture now, Thanks.
Well I am upset you dont like reading my posts anymore because that now only leaves one person who likes reading them but dont worry he will soon realise that I write rubbish too but I am still waiting for the post on this thread where I bagged someone not where I was sarcastic.

PJ
SS Life Member

What would you describe the intension of sarcasm to be?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
PJ wrote:

Well I am upset you dont like reading my posts anymore because that now only leaves one person who likes reading them but dont worry he will soon realise that I write rubbish too but I am still waiting for the post on this thread where I bagged someone not where I was sarcastic.
I love reading your posts - i just don't like it that you bagged someone un-necessarily in this thread.

jays
Club Player

ha this is great does anyone remember max cant kick to save his life

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
PJ wrote:

I love reading your posts - i just don't like it that you bagged someone un-necessarily in this thread.
You were the one. I didnt bag anyone just used my sarcastic response though I reckon he had a good go at me as well.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Max to the forward line :? :shock: