Cheap Tiger flights

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hellorocky
Club Player

Cheap Tiger flights

I've just booked my Perth trip on Tiger. Haven't travelled with them before but with the price I got, as long as we don't crash I will be happy :D
Has anyone else here gone with them to Perth before :?:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cheap Tiger flights

hellorocky wrote:I've just booked my Perth trip on Tiger. Haven't travelled with them before but with the price I got, as long as we don't crash I will be happy :D
not perth sorry, but went home from the Gold Coast last year with them. they made us check in very early, but apart from that it was a very good flight.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Travelled with them twice last year, flights were on time and no problems. Have already booked two cheapies for this season.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

If you want a brilliant flying experience, pay for it. If you want to get somewhere cheaply, go Tiger.

Personally, unless it's a long flight, I'm all for the Tiger - that's valuble beer money right there.

Has served me very well for a number of games, particuarly in Adelaide and Perth.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

LennyBoy
Club Player

Tiger have been very reliable. I have taken them to Queensland and Adelaide without a problem. Just be aware of luggage excess charges and that Tiger is in the T4 Terminal at Melbourne Airport and not in the main hall (which can be confusing if your traveling for the first time).

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
hellorocky
Club Player

Reading the fine print just quickly, I think check in is 2 hours prior which shouldn't be a problem. I've booked extra baggage and exit rows for a bit more but still much cheaper than other airlines.

The flight times match in quite well with the train times going to and leaving Melbourne, which I also have to organise.

Put this post in a time capsule and I'll revisit it later in July.

LennyBoy
Club Player

hellorocky wrote:Reading the fine print just quickly, I think check in is 2 hours prior which shouldn't be a problem. I've booked extra baggage and exit rows for a bit more but still much cheaper than other airlines.

The flight times match in quite well with the train times going to and leaving Melbourne, which I also have to organise.

Put this post in a time capsule and I'll revisit it later in July.
45 Minutes atleast prior is fine, 2 hours max. The lines tend to get fairly long quickly. At the Melbourne Airport Tiger is located opposite the long term car park.

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
hellorocky
Club Player

At the Melbourne Airport Tiger is located opposite the long term car park.
I've had it explained to me exactly where it is but hopefully the taxi driver will know

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

hellorocky wrote:
At the Melbourne Airport Tiger is located opposite the long term car park.
I've had it explained to me exactly where it is but hopefully the taxi driver will know
if you look at the Virgin end- then go left again.....
No seats for waiting I was told?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Too be honest if you get good deals take them but my preffered airline to fly is Jetstar-VirginBlue-Tiger but ofcourse if Qantas is cheaper well ill pick them

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
hellorocky
Club Player

No seats for waiting I was told?
Oh well, I have a 4 hour trip to get there and another 4 hour flight over, I suppose a bit of standing won't hurt

Anyway, I've booked and paid early this time. I dithered around last year and it got too expensive and I didn't end up going and I was disappointed.

I've planned my day trips and I will sort accommodation later. Bring on the season.

The Perth trip is great, have never had a problem. Have enjoyed pre and post match with the Western Saints as well as the double decker bus trips. Not to mention one of the great highlights ***meeting ROGER*** :D :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

lendog heaven
Club Player

anyone wanting to go to Adelaide for Rnd 2 I paid $53 return today (total $73 with charges) with Tiger. Over Fri back Sat.

Tramps like us.............
stkfc_obsessed
Club Player

I flew from Perth to Melbourne. Considering the flight was dirt cheap ($120) it was fantastic for the cost.

My only complaint but it shouldn't be a complaint considering what I paid, was when we landed we had to walk from the plane across the tarmac to the really dingy baggage carousel.. which only had about 3 toilets per sex. After a 4 hour flight.. the line was VERY long...

I also found the chairs were a bit small but considering I am 5'3 was no problem for me.. I think you might struggle to get a ruckman in one of those seats comfortably though.

I would def fly again though.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

There's simply no better way to travel from Mackay to Melbourne.. they're the only mob offering direct flights, so they've got my patronage for the moment.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stkfc_obsessed wrote: really dingy baggage carousel.. which only had about 3 toilets per sex. After a 4 hour flight.. the line was VERY long...
can't understand why people don't use plane toilets.

were they broken???

sounds like some sore bladders!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Did 3-4 flights with them from Darwin. Cheap,basic,yet reliable. Always on time,new planes which give an air of confidence for some stupid reason
. Only problem was as someone mentioned the baggage carousel at this end(Melb) of the line is terrible. They take about 30-45 mins to get the bags there,and half the time it's only one bloke unloading them at a very pedestrian rate. The darwin end was always 5 minute wait tops.

Bring back the Lockett era
stkfc_obsessed
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
stkfc_obsessed wrote: really dingy baggage carousel.. which only had about 3 toilets per sex. After a 4 hour flight.. the line was VERY long...
can't understand why people don't use plane toilets.

were they broken???

sounds like some sore bladders!!
I slept the whole flight there.. I probably should have gone on the plane but by the time I woke up we were landing. :oops:

Banger2Plugger
Club Player

Here's why no one uses the toilet whilst flying...

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
saintly
Saintsational Legend

i wonder if there will be more cheap tickets. didn't buy last week. the prices have now doubled this week.

for those who buy, what do you think?

Am looking at going to the gold coast match at the end of may.

GrumpyOne

saintspremiers wrote: can't understand why people don't use plane toilets.
Sudden turbulence can have an unpleasant effect :( and you have to walk back to your seat afterward. :oops:

Saints94
SS Life Member

Re: Cheap Tiger flights

hellorocky wrote:I've just booked my Perth trip on Tiger. Haven't travelled with them before but with the price I got, as long as we don't crash I will be happy :D
How much was it?

hellorocky
Club Player

$248 return.

Two years ago = $540 with a different airline

Legendary
Club Player

I physically can't fit into the seats. I tried, but got off the plane and transferred to a Virgin Blue flight instead. I'm 6'4".

I would say for anyone over 6'3" ... Tiger is impossible.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:I physically can't fit into the seats. I tried, but got off the plane and transferred to a Virgin Blue flight instead. I'm 6'4".

I would say for anyone over 6'3" ... Tiger is impossible.
in the nicest way as possible, but what 6'4" are you? like a big person and also big in height? or a normal build?
because im 6 foot and had no troubles coming home from the gold coast last year.
although i do remember that leg room is a problem on Tiger, i wouldn't suggest going on a long flight with them (unless its its a bloody cheap flight of course!)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintly
Saintsational Legend

bought virgin tickets for the may 30 game at the gold coast.

$118 return. just as cheap as tiger.