The seasrch for our next FB

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Miles aint a FB but geez....I was impressed from the little I saw of him.....tome he read the play very well and looked composed which gives you an inkling IMO that a player just may have something.

Hope the kid makes it as a mid/HBF.

“Yeah….nah””
PJ
SS Life Member

Have you ever seen anyone time and hit the ball away from his opponent like Max's spoils?? It's just magic to watching that fist come through.

He gets away with a bit from the umps in terms of body contact but hey who's complaining. He's obviously mastered the art of how much contact you can make and where.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Have you ever seen anyone time and hit the ball away from his opponent like Max's spoils?? It's just magic to watching that fist come through.

He gets away with a bit from the umps in terms of body contact but hey who's complaining. He's obviously mastered the art of how much contact you can make and where.
He was always a good spoiler but I wonder how much of an influence having SOS around has been for him?

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

PJ wrote:He gets away with a bit from the umps in terms of body contact but hey who's complaining. He's obviously mastered the art of how much contact you can make and where.
Not all the time... was it the QF against Geelong? He was giving away frees all over the place. Yet he got away with murder against Fevola in R15.

PJ
SS Life Member

Not to mention your avatar InkerSaint

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Saints94
SS Life Member

Sam Gilbert will be our next FB....... but success is another thing down there :wink:

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote: Agreed, the game has evolved from 'set positions' to 'matchups'.
Many will not really appreciate what a great player Max has been until he retires and they witness the number of different players used to cope with the variety of players Max has taken and beaten over the years.
Spot on on both points

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Miles aint a FB but geez....I was impressed from the little I saw of him.....tome he read the play very well and looked composed which gives you an inkling IMO that a player just may have something.

Hope the kid makes it as a mid/HBF.
i was also impressed withthe one game i saw. hope he makes it this year, otherwise he will be cut as a rookie.