training this morning. anyone going?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

OMG Plugger - yes - so much of a laugh riot - why the f@rk does this forum have to refer to other ppl to get a laugh - case in point poor Homework who happened to ask who Jack Barker was.

Whether it was a picture of me or any other Saints fan - Cowboy and Milney knew it was a Saints supporter that they were indirectly insulting - so glad that they are so much of oil paintings that they can throw stones.

Never ever have I, or will I, insult a fellow Sainter who not only supports the R,W and B but also goes out of their way to assist. The real fans who were down at training enjoyed themselves!!!!

Saint_Brat - look me up next time and say hello - always a pleasure to talk to people who are interesting!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:OMG Plugger - yes - so much of a laugh riot - why the f@rk does this forum have to refer to other ppl to get a laugh - case in point poor Homework who happened to ask who Jack Barker was.

Whether it was a picture of me or any other Saints fan - Cowboy and Milney knew it was a Saints supporter that they were indirectly insulting - so glad that they are so much of oil paintings that they can throw stones.

Never ever have I, or will I, insult a fellow Sainter who not only supports the R,W and B but also goes out of their way to assist. The real fans who were down at training enjoyed themselves!!!!

Saint_Brat - look me up next time and say hello - always a pleasure to talk to people who are interesting!
Tough Christmas?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:OMG Plugger - yes - so much of a laugh riot - why the f@rk does this forum have to refer to other ppl to get a laugh - case in point poor Homework who happened to ask who Jack Barker was.

Tough Christmas?
Fingers - yes - just got back from NZ where we buried my father in law after he passed on New Years Day - thanks for asking

milney044
Club Player

Geez soooorrrrrry. When Cowboy made the comment i took it souly as being funny and that he obviously knew it was you and was just making a hearty statement. Never intending to be hurtful at all hurtful. Sorry if it hurt you, was not at all intended i was just laughing along with what i believed to be a joke, as is what i am sure Cowboy intended it to be.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:Geez soooorrrrrry. When Cowboy made the comment i took it souly as being funny and that he obviously knew it was you and was just making a hearty statement. Never intending to be hurtful at all hurtful. Sorry if it hurt you, was not at all intended i was just laughing along with what i believed to be a joke, as is what i am sure Cowboy intended it to be.
You never knew - no one knew - but there is no need to make personal comments on anyone in the RW&B army - which is the reason I take offense - we are supposed to be brothers and sisters in the RW&B so keep it impersonal and everyone on this forum can get along!

milney044
Club Player

Moving on...no one has any reports from training? i really wish i'd gone..anything of interest worth posting?
Is Maguire still running laps?
How are the new kids looking?
Was Milney back from the honeymoon? :wink:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
milney044 wrote:Geez soooorrrrrry. When Cowboy made the comment i took it souly as being funny and that he obviously knew it was you and was just making a hearty statement. Never intending to be hurtful at all hurtful. Sorry if it hurt you, was not at all intended i was just laughing along with what i believed to be a joke, as is what i am sure Cowboy intended it to be.
You never knew - no one knew - but there is no need to make personal comments on anyone in the RW&B army - which is the reason I take offense - we are supposed to be brothers and sisters in the RW&B so keep it impersonal and everyone on this forum can get along!
I disagree with that comment about keeping it impersonal.

I think it should be personal. It's our personal interest in the St Kilda Football Club. Our personal passion.

What we don't need is personal INSULTS.

However, in defence of cowboy18....it was a pretty lighthearted crack. It obviously wasn't Bakes in the picture.

A simple "haha, yeah I'm not as ripped as Bakes" reply would've probably shut it all down.

No shame in not being as sveldt as Bakes. I doubt any of us are. I am damn sure I have a slab where a six pack should be.

:wink:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:Moving on...no one has any reports from training? i really wish i'd gone..anything of interest worth posting?
Milney was back from his honeymoon - but was a little late on the training track - :lol: :wink: and he looked good!

Goose did not run laps - was involved with some practise drills and boxing - cant remember him running much. I also think we saw Dempster out with the main group running as well!!!

New kids were looking good - think they are putting a lot of effort into Lynchy as a third - he was doing a lot of sprints and hard lead ups and double backs.

Any other questions?
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Wed 14 Jan 2009 3:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyOne

Sorry about your loss SD, and sorry that you took umbrage at a couple of humourous remarks inspired by your good self.

Anyone who stays on this forum for any length of time will get a good-natured ribbing from other forumites. You mentioned Homey in your post as being a victim..... to his credit he took it all in good nature and is now posting his own zingers..... quite a development considering his inauspicious debut not that long ago.

So lighten up a little SD, and join in the repartee. We all cop a bit and give a bit here.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

Sorry about your loss SD, and sorry that you took umbrage at a couple of humourous remarks inspired by your good self.

Anyone who stays on this forum for any length of time will get a good-natured ribbing from other forumites. You mentioned Homey in your post as being a victim..... to his credit he took it all in good nature and is now posting his own zingers..... quite a development considering his inauspicious debut not that long ago.

So lighten up a little SD, and join in the repartee. We all cop a bit and give a bit here.
So life as a forumite is just to look forward to insulting someone because someone insulted you - woo hoo - bring on Utopia - I would prefer to have an open and honest discussion about all things Sainterly!

milney044
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:
milney044 wrote:Moving on...no one has any reports from training? i really wish i'd gone..anything of interest worth posting?
Milney was back from his honeymoon - but was a little late on the training track - :lol: :wink: and he looked good!

Goose did not run laps - was involved with some practise drills and boxing - cant remember him running much. I also think we saw Dempster out with the main group running as well!!!

New kids were looking good - think they are putting a lot of effort into Lynchy as a third - he was doing a lot of sprints and hard lead ups and double backs.

Any other questions?
Cheers, thanks. Hmm not any more questions just yet..oo how about Armitage, Schneider and jones, how are they looking? (asking as i heard Schneider had put on weight early pre-season, Armo as i believe he was unfit last year and just curious on Jones).

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Thanks heaps for your contributions today Moccha and Sainter Dad

Isn't it funny..I reckon we'd all be far easier with the demolition works if they were a means to an end...but its just a council order and means nothing in the grand scheme of getting our training base construction started.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
fingers wrote:

Tough Christmas?
Fingers - yes - just got back from NZ where we buried my father in law after he passed on New Years Day - thanks for asking
Crap - sorry to hear it. How is the family coping?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

So life as a forumite is just to look forward to insulting someone because someone insulted you - woo hoo - bring on Utopia - I would prefer to have an open and honest discussion about all things Sainterly!
There is a difference between an insult and a joke and clearly cowboy was joking. Laugh a little about yourself. Always makes things feel better.

GrumpyOne

Sainter_Dad wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Now you've got the idea!

Just throw in a few "Todger-Tuggings" and a couple of "Fair Dinkums" and you'll be perfect.

Just don't forget to post that Archie is a tool at least once a year.

:roll: :roll:

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:
Cheers, thanks. Hmm not any more questions just yet..oo how about Armitage, Schneider and jones, how are they looking? (asking as i heard Schneider had put on weight early pre-season, Armo as i believe he was unfit last year and just curious on Jones).
Jones appeared fantastic - was even talking the others up and reminding them that if they don't do what they were asked to correctly - don't drop your head look to find something to do to correct it. Schneider and Armo I cant comment on - I did not see them directly as they were on the other side of the ground and I was trying to catch things in the viewfinder!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Um, is anyone going to make a report? Come on, dont be shy.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Um, is anyone going to make a report? Come on, dont be shy.
Well, first Sainters Dad posted a picture, then Cowboy commented.
Sainters Dad took offense to the chunky jibe and retorted.
Then someone else joined in and...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Um, is anyone going to make a report? Come on, dont be shy.
Well, first Sainters Dad posted a picture, then Cowboy commented.
Sainters Dad took offense to the chunky jibe and retorted.
Then someone else joined in and...
You gotta pay that :lol: :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:

Any other questions?
Thanks for the effort and time

with the sprinting, how fast is lynch. You could tell through the champs that he had a great work ethic (enough to play midfield IMO) but the speed will be what gives him an edge at that size.

How is raph going? Is x doing alot of running?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintnat
Club Player

i got down late but boy the boys looked good today

our squad is much hotter than i first thought and looking awesome atm

the squad looks very fit, gotta love this warm weather it was a great sight

it was good fun watching them today work fairly hard

riewoldt is good looking
so is mcguire

more warm weather please before school goes back so i can get down to watch the boys again

i got some good photos which i will get dad to upload soon, they look really hot and i met roo and dal santo and 2 others

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Do any of the rookies and new recruits look promising out there? How are they comparing with the older players?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote: Thanks for the effort and time

with the sprinting, how fast is lynch. You could tell through the champs that he had a great work ethic (enough to play midfield IMO) but the speed will be what gives him an edge at that size.

I think they were doing 20mtr trials - maybe 25 - he was doing sub 4 sec as was Bakes if that helps

Raph was good but I think X had a few too many stretches for my liking

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Sainter D, what, you think he is carrying an injury already?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
Solar wrote: Thanks for the effort and time

I think they were doing 20mtr trials - maybe 25 - he was doing sub 4 sec as was Bakes if that helps

Raph was good but I think X had a few too many stretches for my liking
not sure if bakes is the best person to use as an example but before injury baker was reasonably quick and therefore lynch has enough speed. Good to see that they are working on this side of his game.

Very worried about x, could be his last season at this rate.

Thanks again

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith