Ross Lyon on 3AW Tuesday @ 6:35pm

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Media
Club Player

Ross Lyon on 3AW Tuesday @ 6:35pm

Senior Coach Ross Lyon will be on 3AW at 6:35pm Tuesday January 13th.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Re: Ross Lyon on 3AW Tuesday @ 6:35pm

Saints Media wrote:Senior Coach Ross Lyon will be on 3AW at 6:35pm Tuesday January 13th.
much appreciated , thanks for the heads up.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Did anyone catch the interview? I just read the OP !!

Sam23
SS Life Member

-Jokes about the heat first up
-Short 40 to 50 minute session tomorrow.
-Maguire training with main group but didn't sound to convincing about him. Said that he isn't quite their yet and still needs to prove himself.
-Raphael good 2nd half of the year after he came to grips. Xavier told to bulk up.
-Baker also starting to get a lot better. Nearly back into normal training, ran a good time trial time. Wished he played in the prelim so he could've went to Cyril and Gram and Goddard then push into the midfield.
-Nick Heyne impressing him, got a bit of X-Factor about him ie. Steve Johnson. Also Lynch going well.
-20 players under 21 I think he said.
-Looking for a new Aaron Hamill (As he put it) hinting that Lynch could be that.

Goddard.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

They're thrilled with Nick Heyne

Tom Lynch will play the NAB Cup round 1

Was asked if criticism of the Clarke brothers was fair:
Lyon mentioned Raph's back, epilepsy, and said he'd answered his critics - the club viewed him as BOG in the semi final against Collingwood. Xavier fighting a history of soft tissue injuries, he has since bulked up to 80kg to mitigate. Lyon acknowledged he had been playing X in a forward pocket and will probably move him back towards the midfield where Lyon thinks he will be more effective.
Sam23 wrote:-Maguire training with main group but didn't sound to convincing about him. Said that he isn't quite their yet and still needs to prove himself.
Maybe I misheard but I didn't get that at all. What I did hear Lyon say was that he was in full training and they are more confident about him than at any time in the last 2 years.
Last edited by InkerSaint on Tue 13 Jan 2009 7:05pm, edited 2 times in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thsnks guys- system is ******* and couldn't get online

will hunt the audio...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Nothing groundbreaking there...I wish Bakes and Goose (and Ball) were back to 100% but I fear that's a big ask for a while yet.

X simply must bulk up but more important he must stop getting injured. I love the guy but he does his hamstrings far too much. Annoying, because he makes us a 2-3 goal better team when he's playing well.

Heyne certainly has the buzz about him. I don't like his high ball-drop - I think it could cause him a few problems in the pressure of senior footy - but everything else about him has me excited.

I am hoping Lynch can play the 3rd tall role, but they seldom make players like Hamill anymore. A shame, because we desperately need another one.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:Lyon mentioned Raph's back, epilepsy, and said he'd answered his critics - the club viewed him as BOG in the semi final against Collingwood..
i thought so too and am expecting big things from him in 2009. very talented player.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'd go one further and say that Raph was our "PLAYER OF THE FINALS" !!

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

evertonfc wrote:Heyne certainly has the buzz about him. I don't like his high ball-drop - I think it could cause him a few problems in the pressure of senior footy - but everything else about him has me excited.
I havent seen any footage of Heyne but is the high ball drop Aussie Jones like ? if not who would you compare to ?

Not sure why I care - I guess I'm so starved of footy news !

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote: I havent seen any footage of Heyne but is the high ball drop Aussie Jones like ? if not who would you compare to ?

Not sure why I care - I guess I'm so starved of footy news !

here you go then

No. 20

saintly
Saintsational Legend

did anyone hear mark from sth melbourne . gee he gets fired up. he can't waint for the AGM.

however, sometimes his questions to 3aw just means that he doesn't read the saints site.

for eg he wanted to know about development coach. stkilda has appointed danny ryan.

Other questions at previous times have made me want to tell the radio go and look at the saints site or at least saintsational and you will find nearly all of your answers!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:did anyone hear mark from sth melbourne . gee he gets fired up. he can't waint for the AGM.

however, sometimes his questions to 3aw just means that he doesn't read the saints site.

for eg he wanted to know about development coach. stkilda has appointed danny ryan.

Other questions at previous times have made me want to tell the radio go and look at the saints site or at least saintsational and you will find nearly all of your answers!
He was one of those responsible for the 'plugger pig at the SCG' incident.

I don't think his job allows him much time to log into websites.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Mark from South Melb - who is he? You're right he's a hothead.

I agreed they could have asked about Allen, Dempster's recovery and the decision to hold onto M. Gardiner. The Cousins question was really badly thought out (or not at all). What did they expect Lyon to say? "We're glad he got an opportunity, we'll be watching him with interest and we wish him all the best." What a waste of valuable time.

The Aaron Hamill comment - Lyon described they were after a 188-190cm quick forward who can put on pressure. I guess this year's candidates are Heyne, Lynch, Cahill. It'll be interesting seeing this lot develop.

ThePunter
Club Player

I agree with Eastern - Raph was our most consistently good player during the finals. I think watch out for him this year.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
saintly wrote:did anyone hear mark from sth melbourne . gee he gets fired up. he can't waint for the AGM.

You are 100% right. He is (funnily enough) very well "connected" in football circles, but can't ever find the time to get on the web cos he's constantly on the road.

Works bloody hard and absolutely a fanatical saints man. The players know him pretty well.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Hi Mark of South Melbourne :)

Goddard.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:Hi Mark of South Melbourne :)
Hope that wasn't reffering to me??

How would that make any sense??

But i'll be happy to pass on your hello :wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

You are 100% right. He is (funnily enough) very well "connected" in football circles, but can't ever find the time to get on the web cos he's constantly on the road.

Works bloody hard and absolutely a fanatical saints man. The players know him pretty well.
But doesn't mean he knows much about AFL footy! :)

How do you know Boffa?

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

But doesn't mean he knows much about AFL footy! :)

How do you know Boffa?
I know him socially...

And you?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I've known of him and personally for about 25 years, starting at St Kilda, then little league and then senior footy.

He's never been backward in coming forward with his opinion, whether I agreed with him or not.

FOr those who don't know, he was intimately involoved in that 1300CABS sponsorship we had a few years ago at TD - when Russell Morris would introduce an old 'legend' for a lap of the oval pprior to the game.

I believe he also used to drive GT quite regualarly, which may explain his less than complementary attitude towards RL?

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:I've known of him and personally for about 25 years, starting at St Kilda, then little league and then senior footy.

He's never been backward in coming forward with his opinion, whether I agreed with him or not.

FOr those who don't know, he was intimately involoved in that 1300CABS sponsorship we had a few years ago at TD - when Russell Morris would introduce an old 'legend' for a lap of the oval pprior to the game.

I believe he also used to drive GT quite regualarly, which may explain his less than complementary attitude towards RL?
Thats true..

Still drives Harves around quite regularly as well from what he tells me.

The pig story is a classic though...i'll try to get him on here to talk about it if anyone is interested.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I've known of him and personally for about 25 years, starting at St Kilda, then little league and then senior footy.

Thats true..

The pig story is a classic though...i'll try to get him on here to talk about it if anyone is interested.
Will he bring Minton-Connell to verify it? :)

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:

Thats true..

Will he bring Minton-Connell to verify it? :)
Sounds like you know more about it even than I do :wink:

Were you involved? 8-)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

the podcast is up
http://www.3aw.com.au/shows/3AW/sports/today.html

go to 'Ross Lyon on sports today'

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107