Archie Fraser...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Spot on Junior.

I hope those in certain areas from the Club read your post.

Such a shame you will miss games

but you and many have made a decision based on strong principals

saint4life
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

I have to say, that if this is the case, then the club has a lot to answer for.

Very poor. :evil:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:I have to say, that if this is the case, then the club has a lot to answer for.

Very poor. :evil:
Yep - ordinary..very very ordinary

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Just emailed Archie.

Will await his response.

Will not expect anything but the usual.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
GrumpyOne

This thread is turning into a whingefest for the disenfranchised, and that evil Scots Lucifer is all to blame. :roll:

The old arrangement is gone. Get over it.

Since when has your hip pocket ruled your faith. Either leave or stop carrying on.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:Stop dreaming. His wallet is harder than mine to prize open :twisted: :roll: :wink: !!
Your wallet opens? :shock: :wink:

Junior
Club Player

Hey GrumpyOne nothing to do with hip pocket, i offered a suggestion that would have cost me more, and i can tell you that Foxtel is costing me more, it is about principal.

The club bangs on about loyalty but it it is all one way. Am over it and have moved on but am entitled to have my say. Reckon after being a member for 29 years staright that I have earnt the right to say if i am not happy about something.

Still have my faith in the ST Kilda Football club just not the current people running it.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Junior wrote:Hey GrumpyOne nothing to do with hip pocket, i offered a suggestion that would have cost me more, and i can tell you that Foxtel is costing me more, it is about principal.

The club bangs on about loyalty but it it is all one way. Am over it and have moved on but am entitled to have my say. Reckon after being a member for 29 years staright that I have earnt the right to say if i am not happy about something.

Still have my faith in the ST Kilda Football club just not the current people running it.
Spot on. Wasn't costing me a cent extra. Nothing to do with my hip pocket.

If we make a grand Final i will buy a $1000 ticket - but it wont go to the club.

As Junior says the club bangs on about loyalty and passion but it is all one way - and they think it is an inexhaustable well.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Junior wrote:Hey GrumpyOne nothing to do with hip pocket, i offered a suggestion that would have cost me more, and i can tell you that Foxtel is costing me more, it is about principal.

Spot on. Wasn't costing me a cent extra. Nothing to do with my hip pocket.

If we make a grand Final i will buy a $1000 ticket - but it wont go to the club.

As Junior says the club bangs on about loyalty and passion but it is all one way - and they think it is an inexhaustable well.
Whilst I still believe that just taking action on this forum is sufficient, I can understand why people are p1ssed off.

The challenge remains... how many share this view, and how many are willing to do something to let the club know.

Or will they simply vote with their feet?

Has anyone tried writing into the papers?? 50/50??

Has anyone called in to SEN?

Perhaps negative plublicity is the only way for them to take notice?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
GrumpyOne

Sorry Joffa and Junior, but there is a cold hard fact we all have to face.

They run a business...... we support a club..... there is a wide gulf between those two objectives.

Its hard not to assume that its not about the hip pocket, (obviously, as I thought it was :wink: ), as there is a lot of talk in this thread about dollars and not faith.

I personally will support whoever runs the club, until they are voted out at an AGM, then its a case of the King is dead, long live the King.

I must be ultra naive to think that others share that view.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Sorry Joffa and Junior, but there is a cold hard fact we all have to face.

They run a business...... we support a club..... there is a wide gulf between those two objectives.

Its hard not to assume that its not about the hip pocket, (obviously, as I thought it was :wink: ), as there is a lot of talk in this thread about dollars and not faith.

I personally will support whoever runs the club, until they are voted out at an AGM, then its a case of the King is dead, long live the King.

You choice GO.

Mine is to withdraw financial support because the I see the club as money grabbing parasites.

They are making $400k from the Gold Coast venture but still have to treat long time financial supporters likes.hite.

You may think thats fine, but I have a different opinion.

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Sorry Joffa and Junior, but there is a cold hard fact we all have to face.

You choice GO.

Mine is to withdraw financial support because the I see the club as money grabbing parasites.

They are making $400k from the Gold Coast venture but still have to treat long time financial supporters likes.hite.

You may think thats fine, but I have a different opinion.
Are you really withdrawing your financial support. I wouldnt have known.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

the club hasn't done anything that concerns me.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

It's really sad to see this.

I want the club to make money, but not at the expense of ordinary folk who've supported the club their whole lives.

:(

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:It's really sad to see this.

I want the club to make money, but not at the expense of ordinary folk who've supported the club their whole lives.

Like anything in the business world... the club MUST seek to maximise it's revenue streams.

In a perfect world, you'd get your wish. In the real harsh AFL environment, I can't see it happening, unfortunately.

If the club is to survive, it has to make decisions, some of which may be unpopular.

Sadly, some will be affected. Just like economic reforms... some one always loses.

Whilst these things are inevitable, they simply could've handled it better.

If this is as bad as it gets with this admin, then I'm ok with them. I've seen some real clangers over the last 30 years.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Encouraging to see a few punters taking it up to the club though (not to mention some adult discussion instead of the embarrassing name calling some of these threads had dissolved into)...maybe at least, they'll consider how much their decision this time put many long-term loyal supporters out, the next time they charge into a descision.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

Encouraging to see a few punters taking it up to the club though (not to mention some adult discussion instead of the embarrassing name calling some of these threads had dissolved into)...maybe at least, they'll consider how much their decision this time put many long-term loyal supporters out, the next time they charge into a descision.
Got a reply from Archie for my Email. Usual Corporate Speak. I understand where he comes from re the Business Case and revenue maximisation - always have.

This is about the emotional tribal side of football and basically said while he was disappointed with my withdrawal of finances from the club - too bad - we are up on membership.

So basically I am no longer required because Arch and the club have all these new found supporters.

Hope they dont spend too much trying to entice me back when the recession hits and the Saints are rock bottom some time in the future - go to all your cashed up supporters Arch - they are more important than long time supporters apparently.

Oh well we all know where we stand with the club. We are a unit of financial measure - and nothing more.

Never ever believe the BS about passion and loyalty because it only goes one way.

Lance or James??

degruch
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
degruch wrote:

Got a reply from Archie for my Email. Usual Corporate Speak. I understand where he comes from re the Business Case and revenue maximisation - always have.

This is about the emotional tribal side of football and basically said while he was disappointed with my withdrawal of finances from the club - too bad - we are up on membership.

So basically I am no longer required because Arch and the club have all these new found supporters.

Hope they dont spend too much trying to entice me back when the recession hits and the Saints are rock bottom some time in the future - go to all your cashed up supporters Arch - they are more important than long time supporters apparently.

Oh well we all know where we stand with the club. We are a unit of financial measure - and nothing more.

Never ever believe the BS about passion and loyalty because it only goes one way.
Sorry mate, I might have displaced you in the numbers by signing up mini-degruch this year (who doesn't know much about passion, or what a ball is just yet - I'm beginning the brainwashing early).

It looks like the horse has well and truly bolted on the L2 seating issue...which is sad, as it's obviously affected enough people to have warranted better communication with existing members. As I said above, I hope the club remembers how people felt about this issue before they launch into something that may upset its members again - at the very least, some advanced communication would have helped ease the pain, right?

JeffDunne

joffaboy wrote: go to all your cashed up supporters Arch - they are more important than long time supporters apparently.
All but for a brief moment that has been the case for as long as I can remember.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

This is all rather distasteful and disappointing to read.

But unfortunately, I find it not surprising in the least.

And even less surprising to read the comments from and about Archie Fraser.

And that is all I will say on that.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

deleted due to complaints of anti semitism.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Barks..happen to agree with you 100% on this...the whole L2 seating thing has been handled very very badly by the club.

..however..

Its pure supposition on your part that John Gdanski was the instigator of it...and therefore bringing his nationality into it is, IMHO, needless at best and inflammatory at worst.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
JeffDunne

This should be good.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

barks wasnt the one who pulled out the nationality card...it was gdanski who wanked on about his & a small number of members nationality

mabe gdanski needs to be reminded we are a footy club& not a religous sect

FAIR DINKUM

good to seeya back barks...the place is as boring as bat chyt without you

saint08
Club Player

So, lets see Barks......
"I am not an anti semite, but all jews are greedy"? hmmm
Cant wait for your comments and stereotyping about asians , blacks, muslims and other minorities (but you're not a bigot ...sure...)