Archie Fraser...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

B4E back to his stupid best.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger, put a sock in it :)

If this thread gets personal it will be locked

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:plugger, put a sock in it :)

don't be such a pussy

lock the bloody thing

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saint08
Club Player

B4e _ can you see yourself in this?

Wikpedia defines anti semitism:

nationalistic antisemitism, citing Voltaire and other Enlightenment thinkers, who attacked Jews for supposedly having certain characteristics, such as greed and arrogance

B4E says : I am not anti Jewish persons, I take everyone as an individual

but is is true that sometimes Jewish persons in positions of power are very, very greedy

perhaps this is another example of a greedy jewish person which Gdanski, might happen to be, who fixates on the dollar at the expense of those around him

Bigotry
Bigotry is an unreasonable or irrational attachment to negative stereotypes and prejudices.

Scapegoating
Scapegoating is blaming an individual or group for something based on that person’s group identity when, in reality, the person or group is not responsible. Prejudicial thinking and discriminatory acts can lead to scapegoating

Stereotype (an idea)
A stereotype is an oversimplified generalization about a person or a group of people without regard for individual differences. Even seemingly positive stereotypes that link a person or group to a specific positive trait can have negative consequences
Last edited by saint08 on Thu 29 Jan 2009 9:48pm, edited 3 times in total.

casey scorp
Club Player

I supported Footy First.

I think they have made a terrible decision going with Seaford, although I now believe that some members of the (now current) Board already had a pre-disposition towards Frankston prior to the challenge in 2007 (but kept it quiet).

Whether Gdanski was instrumental in that decision I'm not sure. I'd be surprised if he was the driving force behind the L2 seats issue, but he may have been I suppose.

If he was, then it's fair enough to criticise him. And fair enough to criticise the Board/Club for the decision even if an individual isn't readily known.

However, the issue has nothing to do with Gdanski's race in the way it has been portrayed. The comments about his race constitute racial vilification and go beyond the pale.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

yet i get warned for calling him a bad name

dunces corner for me

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:barks wasnt the one who pulled out the nationality card...it was gdanski who wanked on about his & a small number of members nationality

mabe gdanski needs to be reminded we are a footy club& not a religous sect

FAIR DINKUM

good to seeya back barks...the place is as boring as bat chyt without you
Thanks Roger, luv ya as always :wink:

where's the big kiss emoticon here?

John Gdanski wrote:

I’m very proud of my position and I’m very proud of representing the Jewish people if I can say that.

It’s hard to do that, one guy against four, so I was actually quite proud when we won because I’d put everything on the line and I could have walked out with nothing. I was the one that broke the board up, I was the one that divided them, I was the one that caused the s*** to hit the fan.

There’s a huge Jewish supporter base at St Kilda ... the goodwill is huge. We sent Robert Harvey to a bar mitzvah and it’s a big thing for these kids and these kids never forget it and we have lifelong supporters just like Carl Ditterich [St Kilda legend], who gave me my first football when I was six.

Of the 8000 votes in support of the Footy First ticket that came in really quickly, about 1000 of them up the front were Jews, which is a great result. So whether they know me or not, the community is very important to us.
The fact that all the St Kilda players know what a bar mitzvah is, is really great.

Just because some people might think it politically incorrect, do we just sweep under the carpet the FACT that a "jewish person" was singlehandedly responsible for breaking up the board, dividing them and causing the s*** to hit the fan, which is his description of what he did, then once having assumed a higher power base, the L2 non social club members receive literature from the St kilda football club advising that in their own words " We have taken the liberty" to make adjustments to your membership fees, then given the members a tick this box or lose your seat option, without any consultation whatsoever.

Now I'm not suggesting that because you might be a Jewish person therefore, this reflects the behaviour ALL Jewish persons,

BUT

Why do these stereotypes exist to begin with?

Gdanski himself admitted rather proudly " I was the one that divided them, I was the one that broke up the board, I was the one that caused the s*** to hit the fan" he is also the one that is responsible for the Seaford via, Frankston relocation and this similarly was done in a very secretive way with the members not being informed of their intentions, when the ballot was caste, even though they already knew of the Frankston relocation.

This secrecy is disingenuous at best, vote for us [size=0]but we are not going to tell you what our intentions are.[/size]

Not too mention that Family First has already probably wiped out a rainforest eco-system or two with all the paper and folder roll, that they propagated, in trying to woo the members, whilst deliberately keeping the members in the dark as to their true agenda and intention.

The very same disregard was shown to level 2 members without any consultation, warning or dialogue!

As to when Gdanski first started his self confessed trojan horse persona, working in a clandestine manner behind the scenes, this remains a mystery BUT you don't need to be Einstein to realize that this has been an orchestrated agenda for quite some time.

Most definitely back to the time of the Kingston Council negotiations, it would seem, for when Butterss arrived back from an overseas holiday he flew into a shyte storm, and he was most definitely not on the same page as Fraser who announced that we are moving from Moorabbin and all negotiations with the Kingston Council are off, done and dusted.

Gdanski, obviously already had Fraser onside as Fraser and Butters were not very hunky dory with each other by this time.

Gdanski is the architect, behind these sweeping changes, even he admits to this!

I'm not racist but whatever way I try to say it, ppl will take offence!

I do not trust Gdanski, whether he be Jewish or not, but he is the one that makes a big play on it, for to me it would seem that his involvement with the St kilda football club is just as much about him and his own personal standing in the Jewish community!

So now because of Gdanski and his hidden agenda's, the club relocates itself to Seaford, make no mistake here, this will be an unmitigated disaster and is it just a co-incidence that some members receive literature from the football club " We have taken the liberty" to make adjustments to your membership fees, with an option to to tick a box or lose your seat, with no prior warning or consultation, as soon as he increases his power base on the board.

Gdanski is the one pulling the strings and members have been shafted without any warning, seriously, it's disgraceful that the football club send out mail with wording such as " We have taken the liberty" in much the same way as the whole secrecy regarding the relocation location, this is how the new board operates, with zero consultation and total disregard to the members thay are supposed to be representing!
I’m very proud of my position and I’m very proud of representing the Jewish people if I can say that.
Yes you can say that, but don't think for one minute that you have all the members hoodwinked![/quote]

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

WTF? :shock:

Ok, so he was 1 against 4. So? 1 board member against 4.

Obviously there was unrest from the "Jewish" supporter group. who may be very influential in terms of financial support? Does anyone know if this is the case?

Oh, and Bromberg is also Jewish. Oh dear, they are going to invade us.. look out.

StKFC = the next Gaza.

:roll:

Once again... B4E puts 1 and 1 together and comes up with 567.

Anything to push a repititious, stupid agenda.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saint08
Club Player

So b4e, why not say all that, but leave out the reference to his religion.

You dont say " Archie, the christian, did x or y ."

I have found that in all goups of races and religions, there are people who have traits- good or bad. So have a go at anyone, but please leave out the references to his religion. Minorities get picked on enough in this world. The references to his religion actually detract, not add , to your arguments, and put you in a poor light.

At the agm ,ask the directors and archie a straight out whose original idea it was, a director or an employee, and then we'll know.

And anyway, I think there is plenty of good stuff to focus on happening at the club.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:WTF? :shock:

Ok, so he was 1 against 4. So? 1 board member against 4.

Obviously there was unrest from the "Jewish" supporter group. who may be very influential in terms of financial support? Does anyone know if this is the case?

Oh, and Bromberg is also Jewish. Oh dear, they are going to invade us.. look out.

StKFC = the next Gaza.

:roll:

Anything to push a repititious, stupid agenda.

be careful...they will take you over

you and your family

but dont call b4e names otherwise you will get warnings

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saint08 wrote:So, lets see Barks......
"I am not an anti semite, but all jews are greedy"? hmmm
Cant wait for your comments and stereotyping about asians , blacks, muslims and other minorities (but you're not a bigot ...sure...)
You forgot South Australians!

I never said ALL jewish persons were greedy!

Greed is obviously not limited to a person's race, therefore you find people of all races who are greedy people and in positions of power.

But why do we have these stereotypes to begin with?

Is there a reason for this?

Sometimes the cap fits!

I would not have even mentioned his race, but Gdanski himself, blowing hard on his own trumpet, made a huge song and dance about it!

In his role as a board member of the St kilda football club he said
I'm very proud of representing the Jewish people if I can say that.
If we had a member of Hamas on the current board who started going on in a similar manner, big noting themselves as the one who divided and conquered, my feeling to this Palestinian person would be just the same.

I've met Jewish persons from this site and they are nice people, I do not think anything of what their race happens to be, it's inconsequential, I assess people on their actions and respect shown towards others.

Anyway think me racist if that's what floats your boat, I know my mind on this and I do take everyone as an individual, irrespective of race, colour, creed, religion!

Yes there are Jewish stereotypes!

WHY

It just so happens that in some cases this stereotype is applicable, predicated upon a persons behaviour and actions!

There will always be people of all races who fit certain stereotypes!

Is it a co-incidence that Gdanski, having increased his power base, the one pulling the strings behind the scenes, assumes greater control and then some members receive literature advising them the the club has taken the liberty to increase their fees and have made the necessary adjustments, tick this box or lose your seat, without any prior consultation or warnings in advance?

A wise man once told me there is no such thing as a co-incidence!

In 7 years, not once did Butterss ever pull a stunt like this!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
You are assuming again Wayne. Do you have proof that he can count up to 567? :roll: :roll: :wink: !!

PJ
SS Life Member

B4E - If he was indigenous and said he was proud to represent his people would you still be making the same comments or would you be pulling out other ridiculous stereotyping??

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Score update...

Intelligence: 1 - B4E: 0

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

How gutless are you. I get a warning after what that other tool says. Pathetic.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

How gutless are you. I get a warning after what that other tool says. Pathetic.
I agree with plugger66 that he should not have received a warning for his comments about me!

They were harmless, I don't take him or his words seriously, like water off a duck's back!

Can we just ban him instead :lol:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Plugger66 was not given a warning..it was just a friendly request not to inflame the argument 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So now we know who represents our Jewish supporters on the board, does anyone else know whom the Irish/catholic rep is?

What about the proddy rep?

Flying Spegetti Monster rep?

What the F*** does this bloke have to push his fairtale "religion"?

He is putting his religion before his position on our board.

We are a secular club and these fairytales about imaginary friends have no place in it.

If this clown wants to crap on about his religion, become a bloody rabbi - but keep your stupid religious views to your bloody self.

These type of people really s.hite me.

Piss off from our board you nut.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintly
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Barks..happen to agree with you 100% on this...the whole L2 seating thing has been handled very very badly by the club.

..however..

Its pure supposition on your part that John Gdanski was the instigator of it...and therefore bringing his nationality into it is, IMHO, needless at best and inflammatory at worst.
i want the post deleted.

it is anti-semitic and i am very upset.

markp
Saintsational Legend

WTF.......

Come across another 'greedy Jew' did ya?? Amazing...

Greed is a human characteristic, not a Jewish one.....

"I'm not racist but...... I'm happy to encourage it."

I mean WTF....

If it was an interview with an Aboriginal player in an Aboriginal newspaper?

Enjoy the footy with Aok this year.....

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Australian Jewish people have long played a big role in supporting and running the St Kilda Football Club. If you don't like Jews, it's probably not a great idea to be a St Kilda supporter (similarly, if you don't like mindless bogans, don't follow the Pies :lol:).

I don't mind that Gdanski talked about his Jewish pride, or about representing the Jewish people on the Board (although he's hardly the first person to do this).

The part about "I broke up the Board" had nothing to do with that, it was just an annoying way of big-noting himself: something that Jewish people are probably less inclined to do than the rest of us (although I've previously noticed that Mr Gdanski has a tendency in this direction).

Gdanski didn't break up the old SKFC board, it self-destructed under RB's highly erratic leadership.

As for B4E's comments, I find them more than a bit sad TBH.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
saint66au wrote:Barks..happen to agree with you 100% on this...the whole L2 seating thing has been handled very very badly by the club.

..however..

Its pure supposition on your part that John Gdanski was the instigator of it...and therefore bringing his nationality into it is, IMHO, needless at best and inflammatory at worst.
i want the post deleted.

it is anti-semitic and i am very upset.
Why did this Gdanski have to bring his religion into what he does for the STKFC.

WE ARE A SECULAR CLUB. St.Kilda is not even a real saint FFS :roll:

This clown started it by trumpeting his beliefs and saying he represented a small proportion of the STKFC fan based.

Why is this bloke using his religion to drive a wedge into the supporter base.

Why do our Jewish supporters require a representative on our board? Are our Jewish supporters unfairly treated by the club?

In his bombastic chest beating this bloke is being devisive and basically trying to put one group of supporters ahead of the rest.

Well I say to hell with elitism. We are egaliterian and secular and there is no room for a board member to be spouting this rubbish.

he should be censored and made to apologise to the non Jewish members and supporters of the club for his exclusion of us.

I am disgusted and think this bloke is a disgrace.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote: I never said ALL jewish persons were greedy!

Greed is obviously not limited to a person's race, therefore you find people of all races who are greedy people and in positions of power.

But why do we have these stereotypes to begin with?

Is there a reason for this?
FWIW, I'm an agnostic, but you might want to have a little bit of perspective before painting with a broad brush of ignorance.

From what I recall of history, the stereotype comes from the middle-age moneylenders. In an effort to "save" Jews, the Catholic church decided to ban them from joining guilds, and christians from buying their goods. With few options left, those who could took on money lending (banned to Christians via the mortal sin of usury)- and charged huge interest rates as they needed to cover the many non-payers (a Jew could never have faith that the lords would uphold their contract, debts were regularly cancelled).

The stereotypical greed of Jews was the side effect. The most famous example I know of is the character in Shakespeare's "Merchant of Venice".

Eventually banking and the reformation broadened the trade, and it's become an accepted part of our world now... but for some, the stereotype remains... which is a pretty spectacular accomplishment when you consider the era we live in, in which greed is just about the vice of choice - barely even considered a sin these days...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
JeffDunne

joffaboy wrote: Why did this Gdanski have to bring his religion into what he does for the STKFC.
I could be wrong but weren't the comments made to a Jewish newspaper?

Presumably the questions asked and the anwers given were done in this context.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Australian Jewish people have long played a big role in supporting and running the St Kilda Football Club. If you don't like Jews, it's probably not a great idea to be a St Kilda supporter (similarly, if you don't like mindless bogans, don't follow the Pies :lol:).
So have catholics, and proddies, and Greek Orthodox as well.

I think it is great all of these different fairytales are represented by grown adults who should know better. I have no beef with Judiasm. I find all religions equally worthless and stupid.

What I do resent is this bloke using his religion to say he represent only a small % of the STKFC supporter base.

His religion should have nothing to do with who he represents. NOTHING.

He is supposed to represent all of us - but in his own words he represents only a small proportion. Does Archie represent Methodists? Does Andrew Thomson represent Anglicans?

The guy sounds like a big noting d**khead who uses his religion as a weapon of division. Why should he be allowed to spout this crap? It is like saying his religion is more important than any other (which it is not as they are all medicore and stupid) and one group of supporters require special representation (why is that? Are any religious groups particularily disadvantaged by the STKFC so much that they need special representation at board level?).

I find this breast beating of religion by a singular member of the board disturbing and distasteful.

Lance or James??