Archie Fraser...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Archie Fraser...

Let me start of by saying I don't like him.

I don't like him because I feel his email to me was confronting and in some way insulting....

That being said, he is not at the Club to be liked by all...

He is there to do a job and that is to run the Club...

I do admire his couple of responses to me and the last one was at 9:49pm and he was clearly off duty.

That to me shows his passion for the Club, even though I did find it a little confronting and insulting.

He has a job to do and in my eyes he is doing his best and again, to respond to an email that late at night shows this.

I do disagree on some issues, but it is hard to please everyone and his endeavour to help and correspond with members even whilst off work has to be commended.

I take my hat off to him for his response that late at night, even though I don't agree.

I will give credit where credit is due and Archie is at least approachable to at least talks things over.

Again, I still disagree with him on the L2 issue, but he has helped me out on another personal matter, of which I am very grateful.

Again, I don't really like him, but he is not there to be liked by all.

All the best to you and I hope you have success.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Well said, St.Fid.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Well said, St.Fid.
Thanks mate,

he more than likely dislikes me as much as I do him, but to send off a message that late at night show his passion IMO....

And I can never object to that, like him or dislike him, he is doing what he feels is right for the Club.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
n1ck wrote:Well said, St.Fid.
Thanks mate,

he more than likely dislikes me as much as I do him, but to send off a message that late at night show his passion IMO....

And I can never object to that, like him or dislike him, he is doing what he feels is right for the Club.
same with responding to Ask Archies at 12.15 in the morning- as he did before christmas.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

What a load of codswallop.

Responding to an email at 10pm???

Boo hoo.

Who the hell knocks off work at 5pm these days? Let alone a CEO!!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:What a load of codswallop.

Boo hoo.

He didn't just knock off work, he was still on his holiday break.

And he responded to a supporters questions whilst on his holidays and responded within 1 hour of me sending off those questions.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

Boo hoo.

He didn't just knock off work, he was still on his holiday break.

And he responded to a supporters questions whilst on his holidays and responded within 1 hour of me sending off those questions.
And so he should.

Apart from public holidays, I'd imagine the CEO and many in the financial side of the club would be all hands on deck around this time of year.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Boo hoo.

Well, at least he didn't answer a question with a question. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

St Fid - just curious - what don't you like about him?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:

Boo hoo.

No - more in the line of dismissive and contemptuous responses.

All shouted (in Caps).

All in all it was pay up or piss off scum - we dont want you. All we want is moneyed supporters, anyone who has a family or has lost their job or is poor is not welcomed.

That is Frasers and the STKFC's message to their loyal supporters.

Disgusting.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

Boo hoo.

All shouted (in Caps).

All in all it was pay up or piss off scum - we dont want you. All we want is moneyed supporters, anyone who has a family or has lost their job or is poor is not welcomed.

Disgusting.
Geezus joffa !!

You have been doing plenty of belly-aching lately. May I suggest a very large feed of Baked Beans eaten rather quickly. That should ensure some flatulance that should go some way to fixing the problem :wink: !!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

How do you know it is Archie answering these emails?

Could be bootstudder for all you know.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Bernard Shakey wrote:How do you know it is Archie answering these emails?

With the media studying all sites, do you thing that the bootstudder would be so naive? :lol: :lol: :wink:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

Boo hoo.

All shouted (in Caps).

Disgusting.
Geezus joffa !!

You have been doing plenty of belly-aching lately. May I suggest a very large feed of Baked Beans eaten rather quickly. That should ensure some flatulance that should go some way to fixing the problem :wink: !!
Its all good Eastern..with all that spare cash he has from not getting a reserved seat in 09..imagine how full is wallet will be for buying beers!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Eastern wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

Boo hoo.

All shouted (in Caps).

Disgusting.
Geezus joffa !!

Its all good Eastern..with all that spare cash he has from not getting a reserved seat in 09..imagine how full is wallet will be for buying beers!!!!
Stop dreaming. His wallet is harder than mine to prize open :twisted: :roll: :wink: !!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Launcestonsaint wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:How do you know it is Archie answering these emails?

With the media studying all sites, do you thing that the bootstudder would be so naive? :lol: :lol: :wink:
That would depend...

Is the boot studder a "real" Saints man? Or just another interloper who's there to collect his pay?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'm still at work now. Grrrr...

That's the nature of the modern workplace, though.

:(

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I have had several emails with Archie Fraser and if anyone is interested in the correspondence between us, he has just mentioned this morning, that he does not mind if they were made public.

If posters would like me to display them, let me know.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:I have had several emails with Archie Fraser and if anyone is interested in the correspondence between us, he has just mentioned this morning, that he does not mind if they were made public.

If posters would like me to display them, let me know.
Sounds good to me. But you will open a can of worms by putting them up for scrutiny and subsequent debate.

TBH, if people want to see what he's like, then they should email him themselves.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well he at least answered one of my pet gripes - $125 more for one game less.

All reserve seats will be honoured i.e - your normal reserved seat for 10 games and then an inferior reserved seat for one away game (this is how it works usually). Apparently the club is still in "negotiation" about the inferior reserved seat for the 11th game :roll: . Really didn't even work out where the loyal reserve seat members will sit before hiking the price up $125 :roll:

So the package in 2009 is inferior to 2008 but still costs $125 more.

I know the club will argue "all the benefits" of a SC membership on L2 - you know like overpriced food and alochol - more money out of the pockets of the punter.

Squeezing until the pips squeak.

Absolutely money hungry and bugger the loyal supporter who cant afford it. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints43
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:I know the club will argue "all the benefits" of a SC membership on L2 - you know like overpriced food and alochol - more money out of the pockets of the punter.
That's exactly what it will be. But it's what the survey of members found - that Saints supporters wanted more interaction with other supporters - for the Social Club to feel like a social club again. This was reflected in many posts here recently.

Having said that I do agree with all who have stated that this change has been badly handled. It's great that we've got a 500 strong waiting list but we certainly didn't in 2000 when (I assume) a lot of those effected were sticking their hand deep in their pockets to watch absolute rubbish.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Badly handled? Maybe. But, has anyone offered up an alternative to what has been done?

The 1st thought I had on this is that the club could have put a 12 month "sunset clause" on those L2 reserved seat holders who are not Social Club members, with the option to upgrade after 12 months. Should this idea be put to the club (Archie)? Is it too late to do this?

As stated above, these people were good enough to part with a little extra hard earned when we struggled to fill these seats. Perhaps the club can reward them for that effort now.

Has anyone on here (especially amongst those who have been affected by this decision) contacted the club, the membership dept, the CEO or any of the board members about this decision and the alternatives that might be available? !!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Badly handled? Maybe. But, has anyone offered up an alternative to what has been done?
There are people at the club paid quite handsomely to worry about this for the members.

It's hardly the responsibility of the members.

Junior
Club Player

Eastern,

I emailed the club and met face to face with a member of the membership department.

I put a proposal forward to him that would have been more money in the clubs pocket and was told no. In my case i was a social club member but had a second reserve seat for my five year old son who has not been to a game yet. I objected to being forced to buy a five year old a social club membership.

My suggestions to the club were that it should not apply to exisiting Level two seat holders that did not have a social club membership, their response was that 60% of seat holders did have a social club membership. I also suggested that they could have warned people that in 2010 it was going to come in not just send out a renewal with the increase on it therefore giving people a years grace.

My suggestion to the club on my personal seating issue was that I would transfer my sons seat into my name and therfore pay for the seat as an additional adult seat rather than a junior seat and upgrade my son from cherub club member which thay had been sent out(But he was no longer eligible for) to the next junior type of membership. This would have been more money for the club, the response was that I would have to purchase another adult social club membership for the second seat.

There was no mention during my meeting about surveys saying that the members wanted a social club setting, the only argument he could come up with is that they are the "best seats in the house and that you have to pay a premium price" I told him that i would have happily paid an extra $125 for my seat but objected to being forced to purchase a type of membership that was of no use to my son and that i objected to the way it was handled. I am a Business Manager and a smart business would be flexible and pro active and look for a way to accomodate this. I would have said that you can pay the extra $125 but due to inflexibilities in our ticketing process that the membership will have to be processed as a social club membership. I would have copped this and for all intent and purposes the club would have still had my son a socil club member and made a few more dollars out of it. Instead all i got was we can relocate you to a cheaper seat, despite me offering more money and stating that it was not a monetary issue and also despite telling him that i sit upstairs with a group of mates who i have gone to the football with sine the 1980's.

So after being a member every year from 1980 onwards and a reserve seat holder at Moorabbin and Docklands and a social club memberI have signed up for Foxtel being installed tomorrow and will no longer attend any ST Kilda home games will only go to away games.

I hope the 500 on the waiting list will be there when we are down the bottom again as I was one of under 4000 members in the early 80's so therfore must have been in the 4000 longest ST Kilda members, i would suggest that when football clubs lose these types of members that perhaps their communication style and thought process is wrong. Make no mistake this was about money not about providing things for the members. I asked the membership guy directly why not just put up the seat price rather than forcing people to take up something they do not want and the response was this way it looks like you are getting something extra for your money.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Encapsulated beautifully Junior.

Lance or James??