Club or Entertainment?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Why is it whinging to identify areas that may need addressing to improve the Club?

Of course if we were flying these things would grate less... that's human nature, and applies in every walk of life from business to sport to politics to personal relationships.

Maybe part of the problem is that the most visible member of the Club seems to be our CEO....
agreed, it's not whinging when someone notices a clear defencing on how the Club has treated some of it members, and the flow on effect it has with other members that are not directly concerned or effected by the change.

It's whinging to point out their lack of professionalism and their poor communication to their membership in the hope they (the Club as a whole) improve on their communication and approach to their membership.

The Level 2 situation was handled very poorly and one hopes the Club has identified that it was handled poorly.

One feels that they have not learnt as I have heard of no communication from the Club to the members directly effected.

This members effected have been enjoying each other's company for up to 5 years and many if not all, have no contact details to try to sit next to each other for this season.

P1ss Poor and the Club deserves a big farken boot up the ass.

NOTE TO CLUB: COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR MEMBERSHIP :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I'm actually quite surprized by the way the CLub has handled this whole L2 fiasco.

At the beginning of 2007(prior to the season), Westaway decided to change the position of where his 'Corporate Dining Guests' seats would be on L2 (moving from the front of the stand to the back). The Membership Dept mailed a letter to each of us reserved seat holders (hundreds) notifying us of the prospective changes, including a map showing where each seatholder had been and where they were proposed to move to, and inviting any comments from those affected.
Since we were all moving closer to the front I don't believe there were any objections but I'm staggered that given they had this 'model' of handling such a situation on hand, why they wouldn't choose to repeat it in some fashion with this year's plan?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I'm actually quite surprized by the way the CLub has handled this whole L2 fiasco.

At the beginning of 2007(prior to the season), Westaway decided to change the position of where his 'Corporate Dining Guests' seats would be on L2 (moving from the front of the stand to the back). The Membership Dept mailed a letter to each of us reserved seat holders (hundreds) notifying us of the prospective changes, including a map showing where each seatholder had been and where they were proposed to move to, and inviting any comments from those affected.
Since we were all moving closer to the front I don't believe there were any objections but I'm staggered that given they had this 'model' of handling such a situation on hand, why they wouldn't choose to repeat it in some fashion with this year's plan?
Me too mate,

To me the Club has acted as if they can spare 500 memberships and please the 500 Social Club Members...

Not a good outcome IMO..

Did the Club seek for extra seating allocation on Level 2???

Has the Club notified it membership of the changes prior to the brochure being on line??

Very Very poor that this situation was not handled more professionally that most and not HALF would be pleased, there had to be better options, if not wait until 2010 and let the current L2 non reserved seat holders chat with who they sit next to and arrange other alternatives...

Again, just really P1ss Poor treatment of LOYAL SUPPORTERS

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:One feels that they have not learnt as I have heard of no communication from the Club to the members directly effected.

This members effected have been enjoying each other's company for up to 5 years and many if not all, have no contact details to try to sit next to each other for this season.

St Fid, have you told the club to extract a digit over this matter? This forum is not the club and you guys need to be nice and direct. JB's comments on the AGM thread in regard to not bothering are self-defeatist...you guys have got to stand up and be heard by the club. Airing it here is good enough.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:One feels that they have not learnt as I have heard of no communication from the Club to the members directly effected.

St Fid, have you told the club to extract a digit over this matter? This forum is not the club and you guys need to be nice and direct. JB's comments on the AGM thread in regard to not bothering are self-defeatist...you guys have got to stand up and be heard by the club. Airing it here is good enough.
if you had bothered to read all of this thread, you would realise that I have posted this...
St Fidelius wrote:FWIW it is both a CLUB and an ENTERTAINMENT IMO

As it is a BUSINESS and a BELIEF, a CLUB, a RELIGION, a GATHERING, a TIME TO SHARE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS..

I feel for the likes of joffaboy and the fireman and have sent off my anger towards the Club on how these (and others) have been treated.

Some of them never received any prior notification of the impending changes, and to me that is totally p1ss poor

The Club has treated these loyal supporters wrongly, and at the time I felt that I should not renew my membership in support of these loyal members.

In my mind they have divided our membership and have created a "class" or some type of barrier between memberships which has not previously been seen to the naked eye.

Archie's email to me about this issue has been flippant, digressive and unimpressive and I really feel that he has little concern on that issue.

I am really bewildered on just where we are heading and the direction this group of administrators are taking us.
Please read the thread before making futile comments :idea:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
degruch wrote:

if you had bothered to read all of this thread, you would realise that I have posted this...
St Fidelius wrote:FWIW it is both a CLUB and an ENTERTAINMENT IMO

As it is a BUSINESS and a BELIEF, a CLUB, a RELIGION, a GATHERING, a TIME TO SHARE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS..

I feel for the likes of joffaboy and the fireman and have sent off my anger towards the Club on how these (and others) have been treated.

Some of them never received any prior notification of the impending changes, and to me that is totally p1ss poor

The Club has treated these loyal supporters wrongly, and at the time I felt that I should not renew my membership in support of these loyal members.

In my mind they have divided our membership and have created a "class" or some type of barrier between memberships which has not previously been seen to the naked eye.

Archie's email to me about this issue has been flippant, digressive and unimpressive and I really feel that he has little concern on that issue.

I am really bewildered on just where we are heading and the direction this group of administrators are taking us.
Please read the thread before making futile comments :idea:
Mate, direct your futile comments to the club, don't whinge to us as we couldn't give a s***. Archie's your man if you want to raise issues with the club, not this forum. Don't like Archie's response, take it to the AGM.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Mate, direct your futile comments to the club, don't whinge to us as we couldn't give a s***. Archie's your man if you want to raise issues with the club, not this forum. Don't like Archie's response, take it to the AGM.
And tell me why they are FUTILE and I have already directed them to the CLUB...

did you happen to re read the thread :?:

You are saying "we" don't like it .....

F*** off and don't respond to my post :idea: :idea:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Mate, direct your futile comments to the club, don't whinge to us as we couldn't give a s***. Archie's your man if you want to raise issues with the club, not this forum. Don't like Archie's response, take it to the AGM.
I'm very interested in how my fellow members feel they're being treated as supporters.

If they're being treated great, then speak up and tell us what a great job they're doing. If not, speak up and say so. Supporters are the club - don't EVER forget that.

And if this isn't the place to discuss St Kilda issues with fellow supporters...I'm lost as to where that place should be. And if you don't like that people are expressing their views about the club here, then don't look - you know what's in here.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Mate, direct your futile comments to the club, don't whinge to us as we couldn't give a s***.
I really take offence to this comment...

just who are you to say WE COULDN'T GIVE A SH1T???

F*** OFF and don't read this thread, there are rules in place of calling you an absolutely ignorant on the issue, so I will refrain :roll:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
degruch wrote:

Aw...I can't help it, you're just being so lame...I would have thought if you felt so strongly about it, you and your fellow disgruntled types would take it the next step further and take the club to task over it directly, at the AGM. Am I sounding a bit too 'Norma Rae' for you?

Don't respond to your post eh? Why, so you can sleep at night? You don't want me responding to your posts as I'm challenging you actually take some real action, other than sending an email or posting on some fan forum, right?

BTW, 'we' = forumites who do not feel rooted from behind by the club, 'you' = you, Fireman and JB. Sounds like you three should be standing up for yourselves, strength in numbers. But hey, if you don't agree with my suggestion, why don't you just get more abusive...it'll help win you heaps of friends.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:And if you don't like that people are expressing their views about the club here, then don't look - you know what's in here.
You usually fall back on this response I've notice...usually after you've thrown a hand-grenade.

I'm a reasonably tolerant guy, but when I see the same 'I am madder than hell and I don't plan to do anything about it' posts, I get pretty pissed off. If sending an email doesn't fix the problem, think laterally and take the next step directly, don't hassle other posters about it.

Just a suggestion.

:wink:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
degruch wrote:

Aw...I can't help it, you're just being so lame...I would have thought if you felt so strongly about it, you and your fellow disgruntled types would take it the next step further and take the club to task over it directly, at the AGM. Am I sounding a bit too 'Norma Rae' for you?

Don't respond to your post eh? Why, so you can sleep at night? You don't want me responding to your posts as I'm challenging you actually take some real action, other than sending an email or posting on some fan forum, right?

BTW, 'we' = forumites who do not feel rooted from behind by the club, 'you' = you, Fireman and JB. Sounds like you three should be standing up for yourselves, strength in numbers. But hey, if you don't agree with my suggestion, why don't you just get more abusive...it'll help win you heaps of friends.
It would help if you read the thread for starters :idea:

you stated that "we couldn't give a F***"

please explain that for starters..

and secondly, again it does not effect me but it effects members that have been loyal to the club for years, and your simple brush off of WE couldn't give a F*** is absolutely ignorant ...

Oh, by the way you are one post behind me, in response...

yes, there is a possibility that you are a little behind

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:It would help if you read the thread for starters :idea:

and secondly, again it does not effect me but it effects members that have been loyal to the club for years, and your simple brush off of WE couldn't give a F*** is absolutely ignorant ...

It annoys you that I did actually read the thread, doesn't it? Not sure why suggesting you take it further would get you so antsy bud.

I didn't state 'we couldn't give a F***', it was 'we couldn't give a s***', WE being the supporters who feel words are wasted on a forum thread when your beef is with the club...I know I'd have 10/1 support any day of the week...do you want to put it to a vote? I'm great at simple brush off's, reckon I should work for the club?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
degruch wrote:Mate, direct your futile comments to the club, don't whinge to us as we couldn't give a s***. Archie's your man if you want to raise issues with the club, not this forum. Don't like Archie's response, take it to the AGM.
I'm very interested in how my fellow members feel they're being treated as supporters.

If they're being treated great, then speak up and tell us what a great job they're doing. If not, speak up and say so. Supporters are the club - don't EVER forget that.

And if this isn't the place to discuss St Kilda issues with fellow supporters...I'm lost as to where that place should be. And if you don't like that people are expressing their views about the club here, then don't look - you know what's in here.
Obviously, some people have higher expectations than others.

From what I've seen in the business world, there are often various "levels" of inclusion to memberships.

It's abit like flying. If you travel economy, you get what you get. If you travel business, you get more... and 1st, you get silver service.

As a supporter, you get to follow. As a basic member, you pay for limited priviledges.

Over the years TBH, I haven't felt any more or less loved by the club. I doubt any of them would know from a pile of bird poop. Always been that way, and unless I get involved... will always be that way.

My expectation as a member is to get entry, and a vote. As a Social Club member.. it's only an option taked for the opp of a GF ticket.

Beyond that, all I ask in the club is that it makes responsible decisions that will:

A- Keep us viable financially, and
B- Give the players every possibly opp to win a flag.

The Level 2 fiasco was poor form. Granted. But as Degruch rightly points out, the best way to make the club aware is to make a lot of noise.

If I was Archie and I was aware, via this forum, I probably wouldn't do anything either, because it's 4 or 5 out 30,000 make the noise.

In answer to your question... over 38 years the club has done jack shyte to make me feel loved. Only various levels of pride and frustration. :lol:

As a basic member, I don't expect anything different. I'm a part of the club because I choose to be, and do so under the full understanding of my relationship with the club, and my entitlements as a member.

If I want more, I'd volunteer to help them in some sort of way.

Others, obviously feel different, and it's your right to do so.

My view is that if you're p1ssed off, let them know. And good luck to you all. But just because some of us aren't as emotional about it, please don't ask the question "what have they done for you lately?"

It's irrelevant coz we ain't disgrunteld in the first place. So we really don't have to back up our point of view. You Jb and a few others have made the running here.

So do something pro-active if it p1sses you off so much.

Peace.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:It would help if you read the thread for starters :idea:

It annoys you that I did actually read the thread, doesn't it? Not sure why suggesting you take it further would get you so antsy bud.

I didn't state 'we couldn't give a F***', it was 'we couldn't give a s***', WE being the supporters who feel words are wasted on a forum thread when your beef is with the club...I know I'd have 10/1 support any day of the week...do you want to put it to a vote? I'm great at simple brush off's, reckon I should work for the club?
Yes it did annoy me that you actually didn't read the thread that contained my post in response to Archie...

Pretty simple really, have a READ before you shoot your mouth off and mention WE

Yeah you would be great with this lot in your couldn't give a sh1t attitude, it just that I feel for the ones that have no correspondence with the people they have sat next to for five years and their future seating arrangements, to me the Club has just not bothered with them and just accommodated those waiting 500 Social Club Members without pre warning those existing reserved seat holders of an impending change.

That to me is poor form for those 500 non social club members to accommodate for the waiting 500 Social Club members.

Yes, carry on with you stupid support , by your suggested 10/1 support, but the Club has done wrong with their non communication and I feel this has been recognised on this forum.

Go on the Mr Couldn't give a Sh1t, JUST LET US SEE!

Could the Club have handled it better????

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Yeah you would be great with this lot in your couldn't give a sh1t attitude, it just that I feel for the ones that have no correspondence with the people they have sat next to for five years and their future seating arrangements, to me the Club has just not bothered with them and just accommodated those waiting 500 Social Club Members without pre warning those existing reserved seat holders of an impending change.

That to me is poor form for those 500 non social club members to accommodate for the waiting 500 Social Club members.

Yes, carry on with you stupid support , by your suggested 10/1 support, but the Club has done wrong with their non communication and I feel this has been recognised on this forum.

Meh, you got the wrong guy here mate...far be it for humble me to suggest you are jumping to conclusions. In fact, I think it is VERY s*** that the club has treated you guys this way, but am suggesting that if you feel so strongly YOU should be pushing the club harder for a 'please explain', refund, apology or whatever it is that you feel would rectify the situation. If it were me, I would be on the blower gathering support to challenge the club over its position, possibly at the upcoming AGM.

As for my vote, you've got the wrong equation, I feel it is:

10 - We agree with 'degruch' that this forum is the wrong place to challenge the club over member mistreatment and expect action.

1 - We agree with 'St Fid' that this forum is the appropriate place to challenge the club over member mistreatment and expect action.

Anyways, I give up...if a guy can't empower his fellow members to stand up for themselves with out being abused by said disgruntled members, what's the point? I did give a s*** for your position, now (strangely) I don't.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: I didn't state 'we couldn't give a F***', it was 'we couldn't give a s***', WE being the supporters who feel words are wasted on a forum thread when your beef is with the club...I know I'd have 10/1 support any day of the week...do you want to put it to a vote? I'm great at simple brush off's, reckon I should work for the club?
So, you are using the royal we, in that your opinion is that of the majority.

I don't think so and your 10/1 any day of the week, sounds to me like you are up yourself.

If a supporter forum is not the place to raise concerns about the running of the club, where is?

You obviously think the club is flying high and doing a great job for all members. Good for you. Others are not so happy and we could give a s***.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Yeah you would be great with this lot in your couldn't give a sh1t attitude, it just that I feel for the ones that have no correspondence with the people they have sat next to for five years and their future seating arrangements, to me the Club has just not bothered with them and just accommodated those waiting 500 Social Club Members without pre warning those existing reserved seat holders of an impending change.

Meh, you got the wrong guy here mate...far be it for humble me to suggest you are jumping to conclusions. In fact, I think it is VERY s*** that the club has treated you guys this way, but am suggesting that if you feel so strongly YOU should be pushing the club harder for a 'please explain', refund, apology or whatever it is that you feel would rectify the situation. If it were me, I would be on the blower gathering support to challenge the club over its position, possibly at the upcoming AGM.

10 - We agree with 'degruch' that this forum is the wrong place to challenge the club over member mistreatment and expect action.

1 - We agree with 'St Fid' that this forum is the appropriate place to challenge the club over member mistreatment and expect action.

Anyways, I give up...if a guy can't empower his fellow members to stand up for themselves with out being abused by said disgruntled members, what's the point? I did give a s*** for your position, now (strangely) I don't.
You really don't make much sense with this comment ...

and you are contradicting and evasive with you comments...

you are really a condescending poster to now suggest what you have posted, in reality you just couldn't give a stuff :idea:

Just say it and be done with it for F*** sake and stop the condescending remarks....

Or in other words ....

Why bother with this thread if you don't give a sh1t :idea:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:You really don't make much sense with this comment ...

you are really a condescending poster to now suggest what you have posted, in reality you just couldn't give a stuff :idea:

Just say it and be done with it for F*** sake and stop the condescending remarks....

Or in other words ....

You're confused (he says, in his most condoscending tone). I think if you get the idea that I am supporting the clubs decision out of your head, it all makes perfect sense. Read my last comment to Ev, it'll help clarify my position, and clarify what I (no 'we' this time) do not give a s*** about.

Now, as I originally mentioned, why don't you champion your cause and take the seating allocation issue up with the club, at the AGM? JB's bailed out, so someone has to grow the kuhoonas to tear Archie a new one in public.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
degruch wrote:

You really don't make much sense with this comment ...

Or in other words ....

Easy, soul mate. I think the guy's just saying that if people are aggrieved then they should take it up with the club. Pretty simple position TBH.

Whilst I am unaware, surely their must be proper channels to air ones frustrations? I also don't think a non-official club forum is the place to do it.

The whole... "the club watches this forum so they'll know" is a crap logic IMO.

Sometimes, you just gotta give people a wake up call or a kick up the butt. Sadly.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

Or in other words ....

You're confused (he says, in his most condoscending tone).
Not at all interested in continuing with this...

to have the gall to mention "WE don't give a sh1t" was enough to recognise that I am dealing with an imbecile or the ignorant ...

Cheers it's been a lovely chat :roll:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
degruch wrote:

Or in other words ....

You're confused (he says, in his most condoscending tone).
Not at all interested in continuing with this...

to have the gall to mention "WE don't give a sh1t" was enough to recognise that I am dealing with an imbecile or the ignorant ...

Cheers it's been a lovely chat :roll:
I'm not even interested in having the last word really. WJ42 hit the nail on the head though.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Easy, soul mate. I think the guy's just saying that if people are aggrieved then they should take it up with the club. Pretty simple position TBH.

Whilst I am unaware, surely their must be proper channels to air ones frustrations? I also don't think a non-official club forum is the place to do it.

Sometimes, you just gotta give people a wake up call or a kick up the butt. Sadly.
Thanks mate, you got it in one. I think the inferrence that I'd have majority support in regard to whether others care about 3 member's anger at this issue (seemingly with little action) being posted on this forum continuously, has got St Fid all tied up in knots.

That aside, as you've pointed out, the club is never gonna trawl through every 6 page thread to find out whether poster A beats poster B in an idealogical armwrestle - if issues like L2 seating allocation are that important to some members, their opinion needs to be delivered to the club direct and to the point, as personally as possible. Repeating the issue ad infinitum in an attempt to recruit an army of pissed off members (as one forumite is doing, not St Fid, to the best of my knowledge) is boring as hell and achieves nothing. I'm interested to know if anyone really cares enough to raise it at the AGM.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Easy, soul mate. I think the guy's just saying that if people are aggrieved then they should take it up with the club. Pretty simple position TBH.

Thanks mate, you got it in one. I think the inferrence that I'd have majority support in regard to whether others care about 3 member's anger at this issue (seemingly with little action) being posted on this forum continuously, has got St Fid all tied up in knots.

That aside, as you've pointed out, the club is never gonna trawl through every 6 page thread to find out whether poster A beats poster B in an idealogical armwrestle - if issues like L2 seating allocation are that important to some members, their opinion needs to be delivered to the club direct and to the point, as personally as possible. Repeating the issue ad infinitum in an attempt to recruit an army of pissed off members (as one forumite is doing, not St Fid, to the best of my knowledge) is boring as hell and achieves nothing. I'm interested to know if anyone really cares enough to raise it at the AGM.
I am not all "tied up in knots" and this does not directly effect me..

ARE YOU ABLE TO READ??

and now you get personal and state that some that disagree with the no communication are as boring as hell...

You would have to be the most ignorant and the most agranat poster I have had the displeasure to conduct a conversation.

Just what right do you have to say that WE (the forum) don't give a sh1t??

I feel that the majority of this forum feel that it was poorly treated, but again you seem to think you and the so called WE have to put down my thoughts..

You are an absolute joke if you think that the Club has done right and if you think that members have not voiced their opinion..

Again, don't bother posting if you think that your so called majority think that this is Sh1t and you truly believe the Club has done a good job..

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

degruch wrote:

Being a mod, I can guanantee that people from our club read this site regularly.
At times one of our administrators has had phone calls from our club to get a thread/post deleted for legal reasons.
If I had a concern with something our club was doing, what options do I have to express my concern? I know employees of our club read this forum so I could post it here, I could send a question to "Ask Archie" on our club's site. I could state my case at the AGM.
I would let the club know as soon as I could about my concern by the quickest possible method.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.