BEGLEY/DAWSON > COUSINS/CARROLL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:I think it was more than 1 or 2 posters, MarkP. A 20 odd page thread with threats to rip up membership etc. IIRC.
I think we're talking about now.... that thread was the equivalent of a live match thread! :wink:

For what it's worth, I hope that BC remains healthy, but if I'm honest I also hope he has an average or poor year footy-wise, and that our decision is vindicated..... but let's not pretend that there will be any 'moving on' till we see how the season unfolds.
TBH, I have moved on. He can win a Brownlow for all I care. I can only focus on and support what we have. The rest is a waste of energy IMHO

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
markp
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
markp wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:I think it was more than 1 or 2 posters, MarkP. A 20 odd page thread with threats to rip up membership etc. IIRC.
I think we're talking about now.... that thread was the equivalent of a live match thread! :wink:

For what it's worth, I hope that BC remains healthy, but if I'm honest I also hope he has an average or poor year footy-wise, and that our decision is vindicated..... but let's not pretend that there will be any 'moving on' till we see how the season unfolds.
TBH, I have moved on. He can win a Brownlow for all I care. I can only focus on and support what we have. The rest is a waste of energy IMHO
It's all a waste of energy.... favourite Saint from the 80's?... has anyone seen a player on their holidays?.... just grist for the mill.

If he won the Brownlow you wouldn't give it a second thought?.... I'd be gutted.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
markp wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
markp wrote:
Hurricane wrote:IMHO the Cousins love here is getting to stupid levels. We didnt get him Richmond did, simple awnser if you want to support Ben Cousins switch to bloody Richmond.

Begley and Dawson are obviously not superstars and neither will likley win a Brownlow but do we need them to? If they can fill a gap when needed or be used to release Gram and Goddard to the midfield and/or take some pressure off Maxy at the back I will be happy.

BANG BANG
I think people are just responding to the OP and subsequent posts, as they are entitled to.... simple answer, if you dont like it switch to another bloody thread.
Thats exactly what I was doing. Replying to the OP with my own opinion. Simple awnser if you dont like my reply/opinion switch to a nother bloody thread.

BANG BANG
Sorry, I thought it was just a rant against those who thought maybe we should've gone for Cousins.... who the hell would seriously think 'if you don't like it p1ss off to richmond' was a serious opinion?.... and what is 'Cousins love' anyway, and where are some examples of it?.... particularly at 'stupid levels'....

What is a joke is all this talk of the vocal/silent minority/majority, and any serious suggestion that folk who don't support the decision completely are in love with Cousins and should follow him to richmond.
Mark, from my own perspective there have been a number of posters who by their posts seem to have lost all sense of reality/proportion over the non-drafting of Cousins. Many on here were in favour of drafting him but have accepted the fact that we didn't and moved on. They may not necessarily agree with it (the decision not to proceed) but seem to see no sense in pilloring (sp?) the Club over it.

As for examples, I suggest you have a look at some of the posts of SainterOnline on this matter.

I think Hurricane was directing his views towards them.
That may well be the case MM, and perhaps if people have issue with the views of only one or two posters they could refer to them by name.... but I get the impression that all the people who disagreed with the decision are being lumped together.
It is the case. Thanks MM you hit the nail on the head.

However, markp I will awnser your questions to me because IMHO not to do so would be rude.

As far as your first question: It is a reasonable asumption to say if someone wants to support Ben Cousins and is infatuated with him my advise would be he plays for Richmond so support them. An old footy coach of mine did the same thing, when Wayne Carey switched to Adelaide so did he.

My "Cousins love" comment is totally self explainatory. Some posters on this site seem to have some kind of obsession with Mr Cousins and continue to post that we made the worst decision in history and have lost the chance to win a flag by letting him go to another club.

I dont have "an issue" with any posters. One persons opinion might not be mine but I respect their right to have an opinion (just as I would hope everyone here respects my right to my opinion) but to name everyone who has posted something I have not agreed with in terms of Ben Cousins is just not happening.

Unfortunatly your "impression" that I am lumping everyone who disagreed with the decision not to recruit Cousins togther is not correct. (hell even I disagreed with the decision) The posters I am refering to are the ones who refuse to move on from teh decision and consistantly bring it up.

I hope I have cleared this up for you.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
bigmicka
Club Player

Richter wrote: 2/ Cover for Max - semi-tick, Dawson chosen over Carroll.
Don't really have an opinion on BC either way.

Just wondering how you came to this conclusion?

I don't think it is just an easy case of Max out bring in Dawson.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:
markp wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
markp wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
markp wrote:
Hurricane wrote:IMHO the Cousins love here is getting to stupid levels. We didnt get him Richmond did, simple awnser if you want to support Ben Cousins switch to bloody Richmond.

Begley and Dawson are obviously not superstars and neither will likley win a Brownlow but do we need them to? If they can fill a gap when needed or be used to release Gram and Goddard to the midfield and/or take some pressure off Maxy at the back I will be happy.

BANG BANG
I think people are just responding to the OP and subsequent posts, as they are entitled to.... simple answer, if you dont like it switch to another bloody thread.
Thats exactly what I was doing. Replying to the OP with my own opinion. Simple awnser if you dont like my reply/opinion switch to a nother bloody thread.

BANG BANG
Sorry, I thought it was just a rant against those who thought maybe we should've gone for Cousins.... who the hell would seriously think 'if you don't like it p1ss off to richmond' was a serious opinion?.... and what is 'Cousins love' anyway, and where are some examples of it?.... particularly at 'stupid levels'....

What is a joke is all this talk of the vocal/silent minority/majority, and any serious suggestion that folk who don't support the decision completely are in love with Cousins and should follow him to richmond.
Mark, from my own perspective there have been a number of posters who by their posts seem to have lost all sense of reality/proportion over the non-drafting of Cousins. Many on here were in favour of drafting him but have accepted the fact that we didn't and moved on. They may not necessarily agree with it (the decision not to proceed) but seem to see no sense in pilloring (sp?) the Club over it.

As for examples, I suggest you have a look at some of the posts of SainterOnline on this matter.

That may well be the case MM, and perhaps if people have issue with the views of only one or two posters they could refer to them by name.... but I get the impression that all the people who disagreed with the decision are being lumped together.

However, markp I will awnser your questions to me because IMHO not to do so would be rude.

As far as your first question: It is a reasonable asumption to say if someone wants to support Ben Cousins and is infatuated with him my advise would be he plays for Richmond so support them. An old footy coach of mine did the same thing, when Wayne Carey switched to Adelaide so did he.

My "Cousins love" comment is totally self explainatory. Some posters on this site seem to have some kind of obsession with Mr Cousins and continue to post that we made the worst decision in history and have lost the chance to win a flag by letting him go to another club.

I dont have "an issue" with any posters. One persons opinion might not be mine but I respect their right to have an opinion (just as I would hope everyone here respects my right to my opinion) but to name everyone who has posted something I have not agreed with in terms of Ben Cousins is just not happening.

Unfortunatly your "impression" that I am lumping everyone who disagreed with the decision not to recruit Cousins togther is not correct. (hell even I disagreed with the decision) The posters I am refering to are the ones who refuse to move on from teh decision and consistantly bring it up.

BANG BANG
Clear as a bell, cheers! :wink:

It's all just getting a slight whiff of the never ending GT saga and divide, and I don't think shyte-stirrers and trolls should be allowed to polarize or poison what will be an ongoing (and worthy) topic of debate and discussion.... they are probably best ignored.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
markp wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
markp wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
markp wrote:

BANG BANG

BANG BANG

BANG BANG
Clear as a bell, cheers! :wink:

It's all just getting a slight whiff of the never ending GT saga and divide, and I don't think shyte-stirrers and trolls should be allowed to polarize or poison what will be an ongoing (and worthy) topic of debate and discussion.... they are probably best ignored.
If you reckon this is bad... just wait til GT fronts on TV next year. I suggested a seperate forum be set up just for this. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.