A couple of things in our sunday paper in the West

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

A couple of things in our sunday paper in the West

# 1

A Fox with good intent

What was it that made Australian trucking magnate Lindsay Fox roll out his 22 seater passenger jet the other day and fly to Perth for an overnight stay?

Fox heard a relatively unknown St Kilda teammate from his era - the late 50's - a little rover named Peter Burns, was battling cancer and needed some companionship.

Burns played only four games for the Saints, kicked two goals and when he ran into an open goal and missed a third, the story goes he was dropped for all time.

It didn't faze Fox, who regards all the Saints as part of an extended family. He loaded up the aircraft with big Ron "pud" Kee, Ken Kupsch, Neil Roberts, Bobby Muir (the reserves player not Robert), Johnny Rowe and a couple of family friends and went to cheer up a totally surprised Burns. There after all some nice stories left in footy after all.

Aaaaah yes I agree....... there are..... when many things can be "washed away" over time. New money can eventually buy 'respectability'.

# 2

The second article in a two page spread on Benny boy Cousins (why else ?....... it is a WA paper after all!!!!!!!!!!!)
Quoting Carlie Merenda (sister of former Richmond AFL player Mark Meranda).
Carlie who has been Ben's minder for Ricky Nixon's Flying Start Managemnt Group since the Eagles gave B/B the flick and his Dad stopped managing B/boy. (Ooops parents always think they can do the best until it all goes pear shaped eh?????????? oh well we can put that down to love of one's offspring I suppose, I'm sure it's not trying to cut corners and beat managemnt fees because the dad's ego might be too big ......gee I'm a cynic am I not eh :roll:).

So Ricky Nixon took over from daddy cousins when all Bens sh!t hit the fan.

Anyway Caralie Merenda story goes on as follows (me thinks she likes the media spotlight/quotes as much as her boss Ricky Nixon).......

LINKS TO CONVICTED CRIMINALS

No one sees the other side of that. The guy (whose funeral Cousins attended, convicted drug trafficker John Anthony Giannarelli) had helped Ben stay clean more than anything else. He'd had a past too, no problems, but in the past year he'd been clean and helped Ben stay clean. Underworld figure Angelo "Fat Ange" Venditti was around St Kilda (Football Club) back in the 80's and 90's. He knows a lot of people in the footy industry.......... etc , etc etc.............."

Gee it's lovely all these addicts are trying to stay clean and supporting each other. Some skeptics (maybe I'm one) might be won over to these ex- addicts cause if they started to finger their suppliers....not just try to milk support about their efforts at trying to kick their habits.

Oooooooophs Vendetti around the Saints in 80's :roll: :roll: :roll: No wonder an ex-coach(oooooophs who also happpened to be a Police Officer at the time) distanted himself from the club and their administration for many years until it changed. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

La de da de da .......... one could go on but I know shouldn't :lol: :lol:

sainteronline

Re: A couple of things in our sunday paper in the West

loris wrote:# 1

A Fox with good intent

What was it that made Australian trucking magnate Lindsay Fox roll out his 22 seater passenger jet the other day and fly to Perth for an overnight stay?

Fox heard a relatively unknown St Kilda teammate from his era - the late 50's - a little rover named Peter Burns, was battling cancer and needed some companionship.

Burns played only four games for the Saints, kicked two goals and when he ran into an open goal and missed a third, the story goes he was dropped for all time.

It didn't faze Fox, who regards all the Saints as part of an extended family. He loaded up the aircraft with big Ron "pud" Kee, Ken Kupsch, Neil Roberts, Bobby Muir (the reserves player not Robert), Johnny Rowe and a couple of family friends and went to cheer up a totally surprised Burns. There after all some nice stories left in footy after all.

Aaaaah yes I agree....... there are..... when many things can be "washed away" over time. New money can eventually buy 'respectability'.
very nice story

nice to see Mister Fox believes you are St Kilda no matter how many games you have played, you are still St Kilda

something some posters on here should remember
loris wrote: # 2

The second article in a two page spread on Benny boy Cousins (why else ?....... it is a WA paper after all!!!!!!!!!!!)
Quoting Carlie Merenda (sister of former Richmond AFL player Mark Meranda).
Carlie who has been Ben's minder for Ricky Nixon's Flying Start Managemnt Group since the Eagles gave B/B the flick and his Dad stopped managing B/boy. (Ooops parents always think they can do the best until it all goes pear shaped eh?????????? oh well we can put that down to love of one's offspring I suppose, I'm sure it's not trying to cut corners and beat managemnt fees because the dad's ego might be too big ......gee I'm a cynic am I not eh :roll:).

So Ricky Nixon took over from daddy cousins when all Bens sh!t hit the fan.

Anyway Caralie Merenda story goes on as follows (me thinks she likes the media spotlight/quotes as much as her boss Ricky Nixon).......

LINKS TO CONVICTED CRIMINALS

No one sees the other side of that. The guy (whose funeral Cousins attended, convicted drug trafficker John Anthony Giannarelli) had helped Ben stay clean more than anything else. He'd had a past too, no problems, but in the past year he'd been clean and helped Ben stay clean. Underworld figure Angelo "Fat Ange" Venditti was around St Kilda (Football Club) back in the 80's and 90's. He knows a lot of people in the footy industry.......... etc , etc etc.............."

Gee it's lovely all these addicts are trying to stay clean and supporting each other. Some skeptics (maybe I'm one) might be won over to these ex- addicts cause if they started to finger their suppliers....not just try to milk support about their efforts at trying to kick their habits.

Oooooooophs Vendetti around the Saints in 80's :roll: :roll: :roll: No wonder an ex-coach(oooooophs who also happpened to be a Police Officer at the time) distanted himself from the club and their administration for many years until it changed. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

La de da de da .......... one could go on but I know shouldn't :lol: :lol:
this part I will leave alone for fear of hijacking a perfectly good thread

marksnsparks
Club Player

This is slightly off topic, but it's a shame the players can't utilise this private jet for getting back from WA interstate games in the same way the Collywobbles do.....