Who is jealous?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Ben blitzing next year may give me that little bit extra impetus to attend the next AGM. :twisted:
Supposes he does... but the club wasn't convinced that he was 10% clean, and din't want to risk it... would that change your view?
No, in my mind he was worth the punt.
If their excuse was that they didn't think he was not %100 clean I would argue that he was worth the chance to not only help clean up his act but for him to repey the club in kind with some great football.
What would your thoughts be if the consequences of him re-offending were not limited to just him being suspended but included a whole raft of penalties including loss of premiership points?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Ben blitzing next year may give me that little bit extra impetus to attend the next AGM. :twisted:
Supposes he does... but the club wasn't convinced that he was 10% clean, and din't want to risk it... would that change your view?
No, in my mind he was worth the punt.
If their excuse was that they didn't think he was not %100 clean I would argue that he was worth the chance to not only help clean up his act but for him to repey the club in kind with some great football.
What would your thoughts be if the consequences of him re-offending were not limited to just him being suspended but included a whole raft of penalties including loss of premiership points?
That might explain Sheedy's role as mentor and protector.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Saintsational can be an interesting place.

When Cousins tore Blake a new one in the 2nd half in '07, many were suggesting he had been on the gear at halftime, and the consensus view was that he should be kicked out for life.

When we became the frontrunner to land Cousins, we generally came to the view that he deserved a 2nd chance, was going to be the missing piece our midfield needed, and were drawing up and admiring lineups with Cousins name in it.

Now with the board having decided to pass, and Cousins being with Richmond, we're moving into the realms of pretzel contortion, comparing the decision to not chasing Judd (seriously? Do people really think Judd was available to everyone? Big difference between pick 3 and pick 82 - and I suspect most making the comparison know this and are being glib at best), deciding Cousins was a risk (what's the worst case? I've yet to see one), and implying Cousins would not have had an impact.
'
I suppose what's necessary to complete the cycle will be for Cousins to tear us a new one in the 2nd half of a game this year, and the calls to go out for him to be banned...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Saintsational can be an interesting place.

When Cousins tore Blake a new one in the 2nd half in '07, many were suggesting he had been on the gear at halftime, and the consensus view was that he should be kicked out for life.

When we became the frontrunner to land Cousins, we generally came to the view that he deserved a 2nd chance, was going to be the missing piece our midfield needed, and were drawing up and admiring lineups with Cousins name in it.

Now with the board having decided to pass, and Cousins being with Richmond, we're moving into the realms of pretzel contortion, comparing the decision to not chasing Judd..........deciding Cousins was a risk (what's the worst case? I've yet to see one), and implying Cousins would not have had an impact.

I suppose what's necessary to complete the cycle will be for Cousins to tear us a new one in the 2nd half of a game this year, and the calls to go out for him to be banned...
Great post BAM.

Pretzel logic - haven't heard that used for ages :shock:

No I'm not jealous, hope he does well

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Whilst admitting to drug taking for TEN YEARS, what performance enhancing influences on Cousins' ability are there in that time (Brownlow, Premiership etc).
BAM, i can clearly recall that game in 07 against WC - Blake, in a tagging role, took Cousins out of the game in the first half. On returning to the ground after half time, I said to my wife - "look at Cousins, muscles shining with oil, he is "reinvigorated" - he changed the game on his own, ran Blake off his feet and I think collected 15 possies in that quarter. I wondered whether he had received outside assistance at that time.

His self admission as to drug use over 10 years indicates that his performances were very likely enhanced from drug use and if that is the case, should he be entitled to a Premiership medallion, Brownlow etc. -INTERESTING

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
SaintDippa
Club Player

Now he is on the Richmond list and subjected to 3 tests a week and one hair test every 3 months, (and a pre-season to test the hammies) lets see if he can make Round 1. And I hope he does - good luck to him.

Only when he runs out Round 1 will I question the ST.K decision and only then.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Saintsational can be an interesting place.

Now with the board having decided to pass, and Cousins being with Richmond, we're moving into the realms of pretzel contortion, comparing the decision to not chasing Judd (seriously? Do people really think Judd was available to everyone? Big difference between pick 3 and pick 82 - and I suspect most making the comparison know this and are being glib at best), deciding Cousins was a risk (what's the worst case? I've yet to see one), and implying Cousins would not have had an impact.
'
:lol: :lol: :lol: sure makes naked twister seem like a Sunday picnic.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
makaveli
Club Player

No matter what happens... drug test positive, does his hammys... wins the brownlow... all australian.. or just lifts the tiges up a few rungs on the ladder without starring... Our board has bauked at the opportunity to take the chance. The risks are not substantial enough to play it safe here. Perfect opportunity to get a bonafied champion, someone who could have added a great deal to our midfield but also to our membership, merchandise sales and beleive it or not sponsorship. For all big Westerways talk about the RB administration not focusing on footy, turns out him and his pathetic attack dog Fraser take exactly the same approach. 'Footy First' should hang their head in shame, absolute disgrace. Make no mistake - these punks will be like every other administration we have had... they promise the world on one hand saying all the things us paying members want to hear and on the other run the SKFC like their private boys club.

Yes I am jealous... i dont particularly like the bloke... in fact hes a tool. But this is footy. Id rather have a tool or two in the team and a premiership cup in the (very empty) trophy cabnet. Pre season flags just dont do it for me, and neither does prelim loss after prelim loss.

Robert Harvey for President. Stewie Loewe for VP and Nathan Bourke for Football operations. Fk these corporate clowns...

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

makaveli wrote:No matter what happens... drug test positive, does his hammys... wins the brownlow... all australian.. or just lifts the tiges up a few rungs on the ladder without starring... Our board has bauked at the opportunity to take the chance. The risks are not substantial enough to play it safe here. Perfect opportunity to get a bonafied champion, someone who could have added a great deal to our midfield but also to our membership, merchandise sales and beleive it or not sponsorship. For all big Westerways talk about the RB administration not focusing on footy, turns out him and his pathetic attack dog Fraser take exactly the same approach. 'Footy First' should hang their head in shame, absolute disgrace. Make no mistake - these punks will be like every other administration we have had... they promise the world on one hand saying all the things us paying members want to hear and on the other run the SKFC like their private boys club.

Yes I am jealous... i dont particularly like the bloke... in fact hes a tool. But this is footy. Id rather have a tool or two in the team and a premiership cup in the (very empty) trophy cabnet. Pre season flags just dont do it for me, and neither does prelim loss after prelim loss.

Robert Harvey for President. Stewie Loewe for VP and Nathan Bourke for Football operations. Fk these corporate clowns...
If he stuffs up Richmond will get boned and fried, not a bonafide champion

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

makaveli wrote:No matter what happens... drug test positive, does his hammys... wins the brownlow... all australian.. or just lifts the tiges up a few rungs on the ladder without starring... Our board has bauked at the opportunity to take the chance. The risks are not substantial enough to play it safe here. Perfect opportunity to get a bonafied champion, someone who could have added a great deal to our midfield but also to our membership, merchandise sales and beleive it or not sponsorship. 'Footy First' should hang their head in shame, absolute disgrace.

And yet 15 other Clubs made the same decision as our "Footy First" board.

I am just sick to death of some on here sticking the boot into the current administration.

We had one poster moaned about our "clash" strip for next season and suggested that the Admin "Stuffed Up"

I have not heard from this poster since I suggested that it is very similar to a previous strip that the Club wore back in 1923...

Again just sick and tired of the constant moaning about the current administration.

And one wonders if fans from other Clubs that did not select BC are of a similar view of their administration

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
makaveli wrote:No matter what happens... drug test positive, does his hammys... wins the brownlow... all australian.. or just lifts the tiges up a few rungs on the ladder without starring... Our board has bauked at the opportunity to take the chance. The risks are not substantial enough to play it safe here. Perfect opportunity to get a bonafied champion, someone who could have added a great deal to our midfield but also to our membership, merchandise sales and beleive it or not sponsorship. 'Footy First' should hang their head in shame, absolute disgrace.

I am just sick to death of some on here sticking the boot into the current administration.

We had one poster moaned about our "clash" strip for next season and suggested that the Admin "Stuffed Up"

I have not heard from this poster since I suggested that it is very similar to a previous strip that the Club wore back in 1923...

Again just sick and tired of the constant moaning about the current administration.

And one wonders if fans from other Clubs that did not select BC are of a similar view of their administration
In footy terms... you come close to being my soulmate. Well said. :wink:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:Whilst admitting to drug taking for TEN YEARS, what performance enhancing influences on Cousins' ability are there in that time (Brownlow, Premiership etc).
BAM, i can clearly recall that game in 07 against WC - Blake, in a tagging role, took Cousins out of the game in the first half. On returning to the ground after half time, I said to my wife - "look at Cousins, muscles shining with oil, he is "reinvigorated" - he changed the game on his own, ran Blake off his feet and I think collected 15 possies in that quarter. I wondered whether he had received outside assistance at that time.

His self admission as to drug use over 10 years indicates that his performances were very likely enhanced from drug use and if that is the case, should he be entitled to a Premiership medallion, Brownlow etc. -INTERESTING
Or you could take an entirely opposite view, and perhaps he acheived all those things in spite of the fact he had a substance abuse problem?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:Whilst admitting to drug taking for TEN YEARS, what performance enhancing influences on Cousins' ability are there in that time (Brownlow, Premiership etc).

Or you could take an entirely opposite view, and perhaps he acheived all those things in spite of the fact he had a substance abuse problem?
Or you can take the view that BC was refered to on here as a druggie, junkie, cheat... WCE were cheats and should have been stripped of their premiership etc. Then as soon as there's a snif that we might get BC... all of a sudden, allis forgiven, BC is a victim who deserves a 2nd chance etc... Why? Because many see him as an opportunity to win a flag with him.

BC will take us the next level... Our membership will fall if we don't take him... whatever. :roll:

Fuuny how all principles and values go out the window so quickly.

Hypocrisy by some fans of the highest order. IMHASAFO!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Some people were consistent the whole way WJ42, and are still glad our club didn't get him.

I have never seen such prolonged rubbish over a "messiah" who was never one of ours to begin with.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Some people were consistent the whole way WJ42, and are still glad our club didn't get him.

I have never seen such prolonged rubbish over a "messiah" who was never one of ours to begin with.
At least it gives us something to 'talk about' during this off-season.
Last year we had the Board Challenge to keep us all amused.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

SaintDippa wrote:Now he is on the Richmond list and subjected to 3 tests a week and one hair test every 3 months, (and a pre-season to test the hammies) lets see if he can make Round 1. And I hope he does - good luck to him.

Only when he runs out Round 1 will I question the ST.K decision and only then.
From what I hear, you may well be able to worship him at his house... if he moves in near Sheeds' house.

Why not question St Kilda's decision once you have the real reason why we passed?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Why not question St Kilda's decision once you have the real reason why we passed?
I would hope the alleged "real" reason is never discussed in a public forum.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Iceman234 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Why not question St Kilda's decision once you have the real reason why we passed?
So, u want me to PM you? :wink:

That's my whole point. Clearly the decision could have gone one way or the other... But the pro Cousins mob won't even consider the possiblility that there was a good reason.

It's the old court rule... beyond reasonable doubt.

Frankly, there's far to much "reasonable doubt" IMO to convict the board.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

That's my whole point. Clearly the decision could have gone one way or the other... But the pro Cousins mob won't even consider the possiblility that there was a good reason.

I wouldn't even bother with beyond reasonable doubt.

Go with balance of probabilities I reckon.

And still there'll be tears shed by the pro-BC'ers.

I have also maintained that his rehab should not be judged by his next 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, but over the next 5 years, 10 years, and the duration of his life.

And good luck to him by the way.
Last edited by Iceman234 on Fri 19 Dec 2008 8:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Iceman234 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

I wouldn't even bother with beyond reasonable doubt.

Go with balance of probabilities I reckon.

And still there'll be tears shed by the pro-BC'ers.

I have also maintained that his rehab should not be judged by his next 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, but over the next 5 yaesr, 10 years, and the duration of his life.

And good luck to him by the way.
Lucky it wasn't based on the previous 3 months :shock:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

Or you can take the view that BC was refered to on here as a druggie, junkie, cheat... WCE were cheats and should have been stripped of their premiership etc. Then as soon as there's a snif that we might get BC... all of a sudden, allis forgiven, BC is a victim who deserves a 2nd chance etc... Why? Because many see him as an opportunity to win a flag with him.

BC will take us the next level... Our membership will fall if we don't take him... whatever. :roll:

Steady Wayne, I personally never said any of the above. I still wish him well in his recovery...at the Saints or not (shrugs)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

In footy terms... you come close to being my soulmate. Well said. :wink:
Don't get too close buddy....

:lol:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who is jealous?????

BigMart wrote:Of the tigers - who have come out of this smelling like roses

whilst perhaps stealing perhaps the biggest coup in recent draft history....

They have been lauded by;
The AFL
The members
their players
The general footy community
Drug rehab experts
The premier

Do not drag on and start a massive debate....just want to see some numbers.....

I for one....YES - f***ing jealous...but good on them for having BALLS>>

In a word Yes or No.
yep...the saints board were...are...gutless

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

Steady Wayne, I personally never said any of the above. I still wish him well in his recovery...at the Saints or not (shrugs)
No you didn't.. Like you, I threw up a hypo. I wish him well also. But I won't lose sleep because he ended up with another club. cheers. :wink:

Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

YAWN !

Wake me up when this forum moves on to some real issues.

Instead of endlessly debating if we should have picked up some over-aged junkie with criminal connections who hasn't played for two years.

This culture on the individual will backfire big time on the Tigers.
Footy is about assembling a team that can perform,
it is not about some mythical messiah that the masses believe will singlehandedly achieve a miracle.
Ain't going to happen.
Can't wait for the recriminations at Tigerland.

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!