Who is jealous?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jk23
Club Player

I wish him all the best with his recovery, remember he is someone son and brother and it is not an easy road, to be honest I was 50/50 about taking him at the saints, I go to the footy to forget myself and enjoy the game and my troubles at home, if he did become a saint his history would be in my face at every game as I am sure others here on the forum knows someone with the same problems and it can tear families apart, so now I only have to watch him play once this year ( that's only if tigers don't make finals) you may say that is selfish but I count the days until footy starts again...

ctqs
Club Player

I'm not. Stuff (expletive amended) that.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Was hesitant to bump this thread, but I reckon it was too logical to ignore.

Let me explain...

Was discussing footy with an old friend yesterday over lunch. The issue arose about BC, and I was explaining Saintsational and how the decision polarised our supporters.

When I mentioned how people reckon he deserved a 2nd chance, he made an interesting point...

"What 2nd chance? He's on about his 4th chance. His 2nd chance was after the night club incident, and he also got another chance after being stripped of the Captaincy and then after running from the cops."

Ok, make of it what you will, and I'm not here to reignite the arguments, but I though it was an interesting observation from a detached outsider.

Peace.

PS: He's also applying for the new job with the club BTW. :lol: Serious.
Has been media advisor to ex federal ministers and has worked with Frank Costa in a lobbying capacity.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
When I mentioned how people reckon he deserved a 2nd chance, he made an interesting point...

"What 2nd chance? He's on about his 4th chance. His 2nd chance was after the night club incident, and he also got another chance after being stripped of the Captaincy and then after running from the cops."
It's a very 'blinkered' view of it, and one that I'd suggest displays a lack of understanding of the footy world.

Dozens, probably hundreds of footballers have plenty of chances at the one club. The 'second chance' concept obviously relates to the fresh start at a new club.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

It's a very 'blinkered' view of it, and one that I'd suggest displays a lack of understanding of the footy world.

Dozens, probably hundreds of footballers have plenty of chances at the one club. The 'second chance' concept obviously relates to the fresh start at a new club.
I'm sure he'll take your views on board. As far as experience goes, that's very presumptious of you Rodge. Probably knows more about the footy world than you might think.

Wasn't refering to multiple chances at one club... multiple chances at getting off the dope.

One can say he's getting a 2nd chance at an AFL career.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

I'm sure he'll take your views on board. As far as experience goes, that's very presumptious of you Rodge. Probably knows more about the footy world than you might think.

Wasn't refering to multiple chances at one club... multiple chances at getting off the dope.

Oh great. Another 'legend of the Board room' who knows everything about footy yet doesn't understand the concept of a footballer changing their environment in order to change their behaviour.

Precisely what the Saints need!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
I'm sure he'll take your views on board.
Why would he?
WayneJudson42 wrote:As far as experience goes, that's very presumptious of you Rodge.
I never made any assumptions about his experience??

Seriously, can you please do me a favour? Can you at least read my posts before responding to each one of them within 3 seconds?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

WJ42 = rabid dog with fetid piece of meat
What is your post count of "BC not at saints, yeah footy first, get over it."?
I challenge you again to start a thread where ALL the anti BC people can put their name down for the world to see.

Seeya
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

Unlike yourself of course Rodg...the all-knowing Svengali of all things football 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:WJ42 = rabid dog with fetid piece of meat
What is your post count of "BC not at saints, yeah footy first, get over it."?
I challenge you again to start a thread where ALL the anti BC people can put their name down for the world to see.
Not at all. My mate rasied a point that seemed to get lost in the noise. So I raised.

I'd say that you're the rabid dog, simply because you only seem to post ascerbic replies to my posts.

Did I kill you in a previous life? Why should my posts stir such feelings, if you think so lowly of me?

Once again, I will kindly request that you read my posts. I stated categorically that I would have been happy with BC. Who was against him?

Doh!

And what is the relevance of my post counts? Can't handle logical arguments? My dismay was at people who were threatening to rip ur memberships and abusing people at board level based on subjective reasoning, rather than facts.

I challenge you to back up accusations with facts, before mouthing off at me.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

I commented on a mate's view. You stated the above... That to me suggests that you're implying that he doesn't know anything about footy

Oh great. Another 'legend of the Board room' who knows everything about footy yet doesn't understand the concept of a footballer changing their environment in order to change their behaviour.

WTF? Dude, you've really gone off the deep end today. WTF is it with you? You are seriously delusional or very very clever, in that you know how to wind people up. I sincerely hope for your sake, it's the latter. :lol:
Precisely what the Saints need!
Meaning? So you presume that you know more than others who you've never met? Too funny if you were'nt such a sad sack.

Yep, we need more people just like you. :roll:

So tell me how I misread your posts... or are you just baiting?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Was hesitant to bump this thread, but I reckon it was too logical to ignore.

Let me explain...

Was discussing footy with an old friend yesterday over lunch. The issue arose about BC, and I was explaining Saintsational and how the decision polarised our supporters.

Ok, make of it what you will, and I'm not here to reignite the arguments, but I though it was an interesting observation from a detached outsider.

Peace.

Has been media advisor to ex federal ministers and has worked with Frank Costa in a lobbying capacity.
on the flipside. it is officially his first chance cos he has NEVER tested positive once.

some others have had 2 positives.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Was hesitant to bump this thread, but I reckon it was too logical to ignore.

Let me explain...

Peace.

on the flipside. it is officially his first chance cos he has NEVER tested positive once.

some others have had 2 positives.
I agree with what you say, CG. Merely raising an alternative view.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Ben Cousins does not play for St Kilda!!

So please move on everybody or at least move this thread to the Opposition forum

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
sainteronline

Jealous?

No not yet

besides I still haven't moved on from the bewilderment stage yet

when I voted for this board (yes I voted for this board)

I believe that they were going to put footy first

to me that meant they were going to put the football department and a quest for a flag ahead of anything else

I don't believe they have done that on this occasion

I think they let outside influences weigh on their decision

take the drug situation out of it

and how many of you can stand there and tell me that Ben cousins would not have improved our team next year

take the hamstrings out of it

and how many of you can stand there and tell me that it would not have improved our team next year

the amount of risk that was involved

the positives far outweighed the negatives (imho)

a clean and fit Ben cousins would have given us a better tilt at a flag (imho)

like I said still struggling with bewilderment

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:Jealous?

No not yet

besides I still haven't moved on from the bewilderment stage yet

when I voted for this board (yes I voted for this board)

I believe that they were going to put footy first

to me that meant they were going to put the football department and a quest for a flag ahead of anything else

I don't believe they have done that on this occasion

I think they let outside influences weigh on their decision

take the drug situation out of it

and how many of you can stand there and tell me that Ben cousins would not have improved our team next year

take the hamstrings out of it

and how many of you can stand there and tell me that it would not have improved our team next year

the amount of risk that was involved

the positives far outweighed the negatives (imho)

a clean and fit Ben cousins would have given us a better tilt at a flag (imho)

like I said still struggling with bewilderment
Well mate...

Footy First has spent an extra $1.8 million in the Football Department in the 2008 and 2009 season..

To me they have put FOOTBALL FIRST

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
sainteronline

St Fidelius wrote:
Well mate...

Footy First has spent an extra $1.8 million in the Football Department in the 2008 and 2009 season..

I don't want them to put football first 20 hours a day

I want them to put football first 24 hours a day

I don't think they put football first on this occasion

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Well mate...

Good buy a Richmond membership, or see if BC is still available :idea:

Just sick to death with this BC comments and I suggest that this should be moved to the opposition forum..

BC is not with St Kilda, get over it :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Sorry, didn't mean to start a bush fire. :oops:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to start a bush fire. :oops:
mate, don't apologise, the fact that Footy First has spent an extra $1.8 million in the Football Department in 2008 and this year is a huge increase IMO.

The fact that some posters can't let go with the Club not recruiting BC is not your fault and those posters need to realise that the Club has made it's decision based on a 5 month investigation.

All other Clubs bar Richmond have chosen to do like wise.

I wish him well, but I am just fed up with the what ifs and why nots....

It's happened and posters will just have to live with it IMO

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The extra $1.8 million is welcome..

However not all of that extra is really extra.....and quite a number of aspects including extra staff hirings were actually put in place, or at least begun, by the previous Board.

Would love to know what the "true" increase is above and beyond what would have occurred anyway..

I welcome the lack of angst since FF took over as the RB/GT feud was beyond a joke.....but I am far from convinced yet that they are the "super-Board" that they promised.

They seem competent enough...but from what has occurred to date it is an "average" performance, rather than an "out-performance".

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:The extra $1.8 million is welcome..

However not all of that extra is really extra.....and quite a number of aspects including extra staff hirings were actually put in place, or at least begun, by the previous Board.

Would love to know what the "true" increase is above and beyond what would have occurred anyway..

I welcome the lack of angst since FF took over as the RB/GT feud was beyond a joke.....but I am far from convinced yet that they are the "super-Board" that they promised.

They seem competent enough...but from what has occurred to date it is an "average" performance, rather than an "out-performance".
As far as spending goes this is another snippet from one of my emails to Archie...
THERE ARE A LOT OF VERY POSITIVE THINGS GOING ON AT THE CLUB AND WE ARE
IN VERY GOOD SHAPE AND HAVE COMMITTED TO THE SPENDING AND PERSONEL IN
FOOTBALL AND STILL WE KEEP OUR ADMINISTRATION HEAD COUNT AT THE LOWEST
OF ALL CLUBS,
SO WE SPEND OUR MEMBERS FUNDS WISELY AND THINK ABOUT EVERY DOLLAR.
Please bear in mind this email was sent whilst on leave and around 10pm

Saints43
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:[not recruiting BC ... the Club has made it's decision based on a 5 month investigation.
I have read about the 'five month investigation' on here a thousand times… what does it really mean?

How many hours in the five months were spent on this investigation?

Did the club have regular contact with BC and/or his management, interview acquaintances, consult rehabilitation experts, invade his privacy by talking to the Police Commissioner?

Or did they have a board meeting and ask the coaches opinion five months after the cleaner mentioned to Archie that he'd read in The Age that BC was making a comeback?

None of us know how comprehensive/slipshod our investigation was.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Why should my posts stir such feelings, if you think so lowly of me?
That's a question I often ask myself.

sainteronline

St Fidelius wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Well mate...

Good buy a Richmond membership, or see if BC is still available :idea:
(I don't follow your logic, because I want them to put football first 24 hours a day and want St Kilda to have the best possible tilt at a flag this year and coming years, I should buy a Richmond membership)
Just sick to death with this BC comments and I suggest that this should be moved to the opposition forum..

BC is not with St Kilda, get over it :idea:
No he is not

which is why I don't think they have put football first

PS if you're sick to death reading about BC, maybe you shouldn't read or reply to the posts

PPS for the last four years we have stagnated

that's right stagnated

we still haven't made it to a grand final

we have still not got past the preliminaries

Ben cousins I think would have helped us do that

in this day and age with all things being equal

even one 10th of an advantage is an advantage

I think we lost an advantage when we didn't pick up Ben cousins (imho)

and if you're not mad about that, you should be