Rix considered by the Lions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Knowing our fans, they'd probably boo him. No kidding.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Voss is going to ruin the bears.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:Knowing our fans, they'd probably boo him. No kidding.
Nothing personal... he'd be part of the enemy... just like 35. :shock:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

yep the same people who give Guerra the stick or would have wanted Loewe sacked after years of "cant kick a footy to save himself."
I am bemused as to why some are angry that he was the best ruckman we had on offer for a year and a bit, tried his guts out, who would never be a "champion" yet they accept mediocre performances from "stars" that should be much better.

Seeya
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
I've never understood this Australian rules mentality.

I much prefer the football culture - if a player comes back to his old club and didn't leave in acrimonius circumstances, you give him a big reception and thank him for what he gave to the club.

If he walked out for money or bagged the club, eg: Ackland, Smith, Hall or Everitt, you're entitled to boo, I reckon.

If the club delisted him or he wanted to stay or he had an honourable reason for going, eg: Guerra, Wakelin, Begley - how the f*** could you boo that?

The one I got torn on most was Lockett. He gave so much, but then left for reasons that I would argue were money and lifestyle related. I think I booed him at first, but pretty quickly got over it.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:If the club delisted him or he wanted to stay or he had an honourable reason for going, eg: Guerra, Wakelin, Begley - how the f*** could you boo that?
The most unbelievable one was the Cats fans booing King this year. There were more at the first game than the second one, but still. The guy did everything for their club - captained their club, played in a premiership. He wanted to stay and was basically forced out, told to retire or leave. The guy is still a very capable ruckman. If anything, King should be booing the Cats for the treatment he received. He's clearly better than Mark Blake IMO.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
evertonfc wrote:If the club delisted him or he wanted to stay or he had an honourable reason for going, eg: Guerra, Wakelin, Begley - how the f*** could you boo that?
The most unbelievable one was the Cats fans booing King this year. There were more at the first game than the second one, but still. The guy did everything for their club - captained their club, played in a premiership. He wanted to stay and was basically forced out, told to retire or leave. The guy is still a very capable ruckman. If anything, King should be booing the Cats for the treatment he received. He's clearly better than Mark Blake IMO.
100% correct.

They should have cheered him every time he touched it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
I've never understood this Australian rules mentality.

I much prefer the football culture - if a player comes back to his old club and didn't leave in acrimonius circumstances, you give him a big reception and thank him for what he gave to the club.

If he walked out for money or bagged the club, eg: Ackland, Smith, Hall or Everitt, you're entitled to boo, I reckon.

If the club delisted him or he wanted to stay or he had an honourable reason for going, eg: Guerra, Wakelin, Begley - how the f*** could you boo that?

The one I got torn on most was Lockett. He gave so much, but then left for reasons that I would argue were money and lifestyle related. I think I booed him at first, but pretty quickly got over it.

a post we can fully agree on mate...could never boo plugger though...or stewart or big carl...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:a post we can fully agree on mate...could never boo plugger though...or stewart or big carl...
Shouldn't you be busy casting your eyes over Rodney Adler's business plan to sell poisonous milk to school children, and the subsequent onsale of their rotting limbs to hungry North Korean guard dogs?

:wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
stinger wrote:a post we can fully agree on mate...could never boo plugger though...or stewart or big carl...
Shouldn't you be busy casting your eyes over Rodney Adler's business plan to sell poisonous milk to school children, and the subsequent onsale of their rotting limbs to hungry North Korean guard dogs?

:wink:

news to me...i thought the little turd was still in gaol......

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Nicky Winmar was one of those odd players who we loved, but even when he left (not his choosing) many msany Saints fans still loved him. Very few players who we can say that about. I wished he'd not gone off his head that day against Carlton in 97, that really cost him his place in our team in 98, I think. I wish he'd styed, and remained in 98 on our list.
I think he was about our best in the 97 GF - but that's from memory; I could never watch it again.

But whenever there's a mention of Nicky... I always think 'our Nicky' and just remember him as a champion.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:Nicky Winmar was one of those odd players who we loved, but even when he left (not his choosing) many msany Saints fans still loved him. Very few players who we can say that about. I wished he'd not gone off his head that day against Carlton in 97, that really cost him his place in our team in 98, I think. I wish he'd styed, and remained in 98 on our list.
I think he was about our best in the 97 GF - but that's from memory; I could never watch it again.

But whenever there's a mention of Nicky... I always think 'our Nicky' and just remember him as a champion.
Our best in that game was Aussie Jones !!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
markinUSA wrote:Nicky Winmar was one of those odd players who we loved, but even when he left (not his choosing) many msany Saints fans still loved him. Very few players who we can say that about. I wished he'd not gone off his head that day against Carlton in 97, that really cost him his place in our team in 98, I think. I wish he'd styed, and remained in 98 on our list.

Our best in that game was Aussie Jones !!
No love for 35?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

He went off his head against Carlton late in 1998. Delisted at the end of the year. Still believe had he kicked that goal against Sydney, he'd have been lauded as a hero and finished his career here.

We'd have played Adelaide the next week at the MCG in front of 80,000 blood-thirsty Sainters and would have sent a rocket through them. We would have gone on to win it.

Alas, he missed, Stan made them sing the song and a confused batch of disappointed players went out and got smacked by a red-hot Melbourne on a wet day at the MCG.

1998 was a tough year, especially considering how I expected us to come out hungrier than ever after 1997.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

He still loves the Saints. You can blame that one on Watson.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
trash/treausre

in the end im happy with our choice...blake is a really average footballer and would look terrible in worse team

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Saints94
SS Life Member

Voss is really stupid if he drafts Rix...... Davis, Rix etc are just all list

cloggers :? (spelling) :lol:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

homework wrote:Voss is really stupid if he drafts Rix...... Davis, Rix etc are just all list

no entirely homie, if rix surives 2 years he exposes luenberger to playing 2nd ruck too early considering he is constantly injured

it wouldnt be the worst thing for them to draft rixxy, with our club it was different coming to our club as our ruck stocks are good-very good imo

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Saints94
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
homework wrote:Voss is really stupid if he drafts Rix...... Davis, Rix etc are just all list

no entirely homie, if rix surives 2 years he exposes luenberger to playing 2nd ruck too early considering he is constantly injured

it wouldnt be the worst thing for them to draft rixxy, with our club it was different coming to our club as our ruck stocks are good-very good imo
Yeah point taken..... Good luck Rixy :wink:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:

He went off his head against Carlton late in 1998. Delisted at the end of the year. Still believe had he kicked that goal against Sydney, he'd have been lauded as a hero and finished his career here.

We'd have played Adelaide the next week at the MCG in front of 80,000 blood-thirsty Sainters and would have sent a rocket through them. We would have gone on to win it.

Alas, he missed, Stan made them sing the song and a confused batch of disappointed players went out and got smacked by a red-hot Melbourne on a wet day at the MCG.

1998 was a tough year, especially considering how I expected us to come out hungrier than ever after 1997.
remember that kick, just showed his age by now being able to twist in the goal square on a wet night

will always remember him trying to lift us in the third quarter of the granny, just guts

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

remember that kick, just showed his age by now being able to twist in the goal square on a wet night

will always remember him trying to lift us in the third quarter of the granny, just guts
Ahh yes..1998..the year of the 3rd quarter fadeouts *sigh*

And Cuz only went nuts that night against Carlton cos of some verbal sledging of very dubious content by one A. Franchina :twisted:

I didnt hear it but was only 30m away on the fence when Cuz tried to strangle him via jumper. He wasnt told that his mother wore army boots, thats for sure

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Solar wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

Ahh yes..1998..the year of the 3rd quarter fadeouts *sigh*

And Cuz only went nuts that night against Carlton cos of some verbal sledging of very dubious content by one A. Franchina :twisted:

I didnt hear it but was only 30m away on the fence when Cuz tried to strangle him via jumper. He wasnt told that his mother wore army boots, thats for sure

if i remember correctly the little carlscum turd ..or one of his mates ...saw nicky and his missus have a big domestic in the car park before the game.......but i blame the coach...should have either dragged cuz earlier on...or sent someone out to belt the suitcase out of that oxygen bandit turd..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: