First Time Poster , Need Some Help Thanks Peeps

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LintonStreetSainter

First Time Poster , Need Some Help Thanks Peeps

Hello my fellow saintkilda people , I am a first time poster on this site however long time reader. I am afer a particular video or short clip where Tony Plugggeeerrr Lockett gives Peter Cavern (Spelling?) a right elbow to his face and destroys his jaw. From memory plugs got 8-11 for it. Was an absolute legendaryy clip . If anyone has it , (youtube, etc?) that would be SAINTSATIONAL of you.

Kind Regards
8-)

ace
Saintsational Legend

That spelling is Peter Caven

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
LintonStreetSainter

Ta , any luck?

TassieJones
Club Player

around the 2 minute mark. also has some other classic plugger hits, although i must say the one on caven was a disgraceful cheap shot

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

What was most intresting to me was that as soon as big Plugger made his was to the Swans Caven took off for Adelaide to play a few years for teh Crows. May be concidance but pretty spooky IMHO

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Saints43
Club Player

the one on caven was a disgraceful cheap shot
Surely could have been avoided though? Caven's specific job that day was to intercept and block Plugger's leads - to shepard more than five metres off the ball.

Had the umpire paid this free kick each time Caven interfered with Plugger's lead Caven would have stopped. And it would have saved Caven some pain.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Could have killed Caven, actually. Quite a terrible incident.
Don't see that kind of stuff in footy anymore.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

The beauty of the great man. "you get in my way,I'll make you pay!!'

Not many got in his way :wink:

Bring back the Lockett era
mcadam05
Club Player

in this report it states "if he had been playing rugby or soccer he would of been sent off" the thing is HE WASNT REPORTED AT THE TIME so that would make it hard too be sent off for something the umpire didnt think was even worth reporting but i guess why would that fact stand in the way of this beat up of a news story

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Disgraceful piece of thuggery...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
TassieJones
Club Player

Saints43 wrote:
the one on caven was a disgraceful cheap shot
Surely could have been avoided though? Caven's specific job that day was to intercept and block Plugger's leads - to shepard more than five metres off the ball.

Had the umpire paid this free kick each time Caven interfered with Plugger's lead Caven would have stopped. And it would have saved Caven some pain.
You can't make excuses, Plugger had no one to blame but himself, just because someones blocking your lead is no reason to try and decapitate them. At the very least he could have put the elbow down and hit him body on body, as opposed to concentrating the impact from the point of his elbow to Caven's face. Like someone said, could have been a lot worse.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger was no angel, that's for sure.

like some other all time greats ... leigh matthews, ablett senior to name a couple ... he had an intimidating, physical side to his game without which he wouldn't have been the same player.

often with him it was a reflex thing. the frustration would build up and he'd just explode. but that's not to make excuses for him. when he did the crime he did the time.

was this the game when he kicked six in the last quarter to bring us from 47 points down to victory?

TassieJones
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:plugger was no angel, that's for sure.

like some other all time greats ... leigh matthews, ablett senior to name a couple ... he had an intimidating, physical side to his game without which he wouldn't have been the same player.

often with him it was a reflex thing. the frustration would build up and he'd just explode. but that's not to make excuses for him. when he did the crime he did the time.

was this the game when he kicked six in the last quarter to bring us from 47 points down to victory?
Pretty sure it was, earlier in the above clip you can see him sledging the Swans cheer squad and then drilling a drop punt straight at them. Ended up with 11 goals and a heap of marks and possessions too in a huge comeback, classic plugger performance overshadowed by the Caven hit. Have it on video :D

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

TassieJones wrote:Pretty sure it was, earlier in the above clip you can see him sledging the Swans cheer squad and then drilling a drop punt straight at them. Ended up with 11 goals and a heap of marks and possessions too in a huge comeback, classic plugger performance overshadowed by the Caven hit. Have it on video :D
that's right. he lined up the old guy with the white hair who used to sit behind the goals up there and let fly at him. i think it was a torp, actually, and would have nearly decapitated the poor bugger.

the day he was reported at moorabbin for whacking guy mckenna i think he kicked 12. once he knew he was gone, it was as though he had nothing to lose and he'd just cut loose.

jays
Club Player

thats was great miss stuff like that these days

stinger
Saintsational Legend

pure accident

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
LintonStreetSainter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR THAT. YOU ARE A LEGEND FOR POSTING THE LINK . AGAIN THANKS !!!!

GO THE MIGHTY SAINTERS

Kind Regards,

LintonStreetSainter

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

LintonStreetSainter wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR THAT. YOU ARE A LEGEND FOR POSTING THE LINK . AGAIN THANKS !!!!

GO THE MIGHTY SAINTERS

Kind Regards,

LintonStreetSainter
Now that you have registered, keep posting your thoughts and don't just remain a constant reader :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Quixote
SS Life Member

Caven the THUG.

Tony was lucky to escape without serious injury to his elbow.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: First Time Poster , Need Some Help Thanks Peeps

LintonStreetSainter wrote:Hello my fellow saintkilda people , I am a first time poster on this site however long time reader.
More likely a troll .....

You would think that any real Saint fan would know that there is no such thing as Saint Kilda....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Hurricane wrote:What was most intresting to me was that as soon as big Plugger made his was to the Swans Caven took off for Adelaide to play a few years for teh Crows. May be concidance but pretty spooky IMHO

BANG BANG
yep Caven took off.
But the biggest runner was done by Barassi, who after the incident ripped into Lockett pretty savagely, from memory said some things that you couldnt really take back. Then soon after a bucket load of cash and a jumper change, they were all best buds.
And again from memory, wasnt Caven running with the flight, had eyes on the ball to take the mark, Lockett changed directions to make the hit? As they say he didnt know what hit him till he say it on replay.

Seeya
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Re: First Time Poster , Need Some Help Thanks Peeps

saintsRrising wrote:
LintonStreetSainter wrote:Hello my fellow saintkilda people , I am a first time poster on this site however long time reader.
More likely a troll .....

You would think that any real Saint fan would know that there is no such thing as Saint Kilda....
You're talking about someone who can't go to youtube and type "lockett caven"

Sobraz
SS Life Member

It really wasnt that bad a hit... obviously it was a high impact collision, and lockett did raise the arm, but even looking back now, 8 weeks was far too much...

If i remember correctly, Caven was back far sooner than that... He whinged like a child in the few days/weeks after that incident.. Absolute sh1t player he was...

As for Plugger, best player ive ever seen play the game..

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:As for Plugger, best player ive ever seen play the game..
bar none

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Plugger deserved weeks for the Caven incident, but the suspension from the Mckenna incident at Moorabbin was a farce.
...And you are right about Barrassi Sunsaint. What a hypocrite he was.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972