Good feelings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barneyboyz
Club Player

Good feelings

about our draft choices, the best feeling for a while, with having checked them out on You Tube and seeing them on the news tonight really gives good vibes.

Also, you can see what the recruiters were thinking about with all players; good honest kids with some real go in 'em

thankyou St. Kilda

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

oh what channel were they on?

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Yes, I feel it is the best draft we have had for a fair while, even though we started with 13.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ch ten and seven
fox just had Colm.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I'm pretty excited too, I think every one of these kids have a good chance of making it, with a few of them having aa VERY good chance... No ridiculus smokies either...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Yeah I'm pretty excited too, I think every one of these kids have a good chance of making it, with a few of them having aa VERY good chance... No ridiculus smokies either...
I reckon one will play over 100 games 2 between 50-100 and the rest less than 10.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Yeah I'm pretty excited too, I think every one of these kids have a good chance of making it, with a few of them having aa VERY good chance... No ridiculus smokies either...
I reckon one will play over 100 games 2 between 50-100 and the rest less than 10.
Care to elaborate on which ones?

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Care to elaborate on which ones?
No idea. Havent seen any of them play in the AFL yet.

barneyboyz
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
My first thought was, if three can play (and I think all can), then this is special.

I haven't felt so good about a draft (group), since back when Austin Jones and Co. they were coming through together, just like these blokes will. fingers crossed

Saints94
SS Life Member

Heyney looks good so does Lynchy :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

homework wrote:Heyney looks good so does Lynchy :)
I havent seen them play. Tell me what is the best part of their games and if they have any weaknesses at the moment.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I havent seen them play. Tell me what is the best part of their games and if they have any weaknesses at the moment.
Lycnh has an excellent work rate and is ultra aggressive, he looks like the sort of player people have been calling for BJ to be when they have thrown his name around up forward...

Heyne is a huge steal for uss, could have gone in the first round. His strangths are his goal sense and ball use but he can tend to come in and out of a match a bit... but he is a matchwinner when on song...

mick13
Club Player

I reckon all of em except Smith and Stanley should become great players for us. With those two, still having a chance, just a lesser chance than the others I reckon.

I reckon we'll look back on this draft like we look back on the 2001 draft.

Yeap, I reckon.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Although they weren't stars at the 18's, they appear to know what it's about; run to the right spots, find the footy at the right times and have the ability to be in the middle of the action when it counts. very good work

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:I reckon all of em except Smith and Stanley should become great players for us. With those two, still having a chance, just a lesser chance than the others I reckon.

Yeap, I reckon.
Even Smith should be able to become a servicable player with his elite running ability, his disposal off his right foot can let him down but with pace like his he should be able to find his left boot more often than not...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
mick13 wrote:I reckon all of em except Smith and Stanley should become great players for us. With those two, still having a chance, just a lesser chance than the others I reckon.

Yeap, I reckon.
Even Smith should be able to become a servicable player with his elite running ability, his disposal off his right foot can let him down but with pace like his he should be able to find his left boot more often than not...
Can I ask you how you have seen all these guys play?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

Yeap, I reckon.
There were some matches played at Casey Fields, there have been matches on TV, there have been some youtube vids (which are usually pretty crap and only from one match) and I have read match reports etc.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Yeap, I reckon.
I have only seen them on the Tube, but Alistair Smith looks to have some ability. The play was a bit more open than some of the others (though a good sign of finding some space), he showed a bit

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

Yeap, I reckon.
There were some matches played at Casey Fields, there have been matches on TV, there have been some youtube vids (which are usually pretty crap and only from one match) and I have read match reports etc.

So they are really just reports out of websites. The thing with those reports it isnt often written that the player is slow, has no skills, cannot kick and so on but still only 15% of these guys make it.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

Yeap, I reckon.

So they are really just reports out of websites. The thing with those reports it isnt often written that the player is slow, has no skills, cannot kick and so on but still only 15% of these guys make it.
No it's a mixture of first hand, second hand and third hand sources... But I know what you mean that all the under 18 year olds look like stars when they are recruited...

BallBanger
Club Player

Plugger, wish all umps were like you!!
Non reactionary/give each decision some thought/when in doubt leave it alone....Lookin' for good advice is not one of their better traits being always right is.

Armooo - James Hird was very one sided mostly kicked the ball on the outside of his right foot when faced being caught left side.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

It wouldn't take much for these latest draftees to be better than Armitage
and that is saying something.If they aren't then our latest recruiting network should work for Sandringham.....only....

Nobody really knows how good they are until they have been in the AFL system a couple of years..

I hope the new ruckman doesn't head-butt the ball during a game.....

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?