It's Finally Happened......Carlton has overtaken us!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:Only Winmar and a rare few get it... :?
That you're a whiney loser.

No, I 'get' and fully understand that.
OMG, :shock:

Ok personal insult...Great...Thats Fine...

Oh well, Guess you don't get to meet many people in your sheltered workshop...so can't expect much more... :(

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

FWIW... why is it that when people disagree they are lesser supporters? Or happy to accept mediocrity?
Just the way it is, if people don't agree with me then they are crap supporters. 8-)
I don't think that at all actually quite the opposite IMO EVERYONE on here regardless of what is thought of each other are very passionate and are as strong as supporters get otherwise they wouldn't be on here .

Like my point about Carlton I respect everyone on this forum for that much regardless of how much abuse or stupid comments are made.

It unfortunately becomes personal and people start making accusations.

Can you help me Im trying to find the post where it says your not a good supporter?
WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
Who cares?

If you are not joking then please PISS OFF!!
Because YOU are exactly the type of ball and chain supporter which is holding us back from being successful...

If you are joking then please disregard

Why would I be joking? We have a silly thread with chicken littles worrying about something that is out of our control based on bettin odds, 5 months before the season starts.

Ball and chain? Holding the club back? Go back and re-read your comments. Now you want to prove that you have a bigger d!ck than mine?

Grow up... oh and why don't u p1ss off?

I Bet you're some middle aged, overweight, balding guy, who just isn't interested in rocking the boat IN CASE we might just be successful, because you are so used to losing

Sorry, just very good at identifying personality types (can't b eleive I was spot on)

Please see above re the personal stuff. and where it began from. :roll:

So there you have the original comment, my response, and the follow up comment calling me bald, fat etc. Not nice.

My comment of "who cares" reflects my thoughts on the matter. Then why post at all...That's just being antagonistic for NO good reason... Carlton, Richmond? Who cares. Let's worry about what we can control... not where other teams are at. That's essentially my view.

The OP began y stating that Blues were now ahead of us because of the odds being offered. On that alone, I reckon it's a silly conclusion to draw.

YOU drew that conclusion :? All I said was the bookies had Carlton shorter odds to win the flag...

If you want to discuss where they're at and how they'll go, then ok.

But all this about them overtaking us... yes they have potential to develop into a good tem. But we are ahead of them and I suspect we'll improve further this year.

:shock: BASED ON WHAT???

IMO, Geelong and Dorks are the ones we should be worrying about.
They are unfortunately WAY ahead of us...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Hehe...a bit far ahead of ourselves?

Bookies work on hype too...they're not all footy experts. Carlton have more hype than any club I've ever seen over the last 12 months, which is why everyone (including Harvs) is stampeding there to be involved with this great premiership they're sure to win.

In my opinion, if they were much chop and given the personnel they've had at their disposal the last few years, they should have won their premiership already. As a playing group, they've got a long way to go...given their form the last 10 years, we'll have 'rebuilt' just in time to beat them in their next GF appearance.

Which leads me to another question...why the hell are clubs like Carlton, Freo and West Coast afforded the luxury of high draft picks when they don't deserve them? I know it's the way the system is structured, but can anyone think of a way the draft could be structured that actually favours clubs having a real go, or in real need? I mean, Carlton have had the personnel to be in the finals the last 2 years IMO, they're just a poor team...bad attitudes, poor execution, lousy coaching, etc, etc. West Coast fielded an almost complete premierhip team this year, but injuries and lousy team discapline sent them to the bottom - what did they do to deserve three top 20 picks!?! Freo...you could write a book on 'em, they're just hapless rabble, but had a finals team for years. Stinks.

Maybe they should go by alphabetic order, reversed every alternating year? Change our name to the Aardvark Saints next year, then relocate to Western Sydney for 2010!?!

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

In reply to Degruch:
I like the system at present. But to answer your burning question. A club can be brave and trade up to better draft picks. We didnt. Another topic that put posters into melt down was the prospect of trading NDS or Kosi for the chance at three top thirty draft picks. :shock:

Respect, dont respect, admire - envy, its not worth the effort.

Since 2000 I have a long standing bet with a carlscum mate.
Its simple, Carlton will win a GF before StKilda do.
Around '05 I was getting a little cocky and dared to up the stakes.
Stupid stupid stupid.
I know I will be paying up.

Seeya
degruch
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:In reply to Degruch:
I like the system at present. But to answer your burning question. A club can be brave and trade up to better draft picks. We didnt. Another topic that put posters into melt down was the prospect of trading NDS or Kosi for the chance at three top thirty draft picks. :shock:

Respect, dont respect, admire - envy, its not worth the effort.

Since 2000 I have a long standing bet with a carlscum mate.
Its simple, Carlton will win a GF before StKilda do.
Around '05 I was getting a little cocky and dared to up the stakes.
Stupid stupid stupid.
I know I will be paying up.
Yes, well I can't think of a better way around it myself...if we change to the Degruch Alternating Alphabetical System, Carlton will just change their name to the Visy Blues in 2010 anyway. However, on a club like the Saints shouldn't have to trade away top players to gain picks that clubs like West Coast, Freo and Carlton have handed to them on a platter for being incompetant...but I guess the same could have been said about the Saints from 1999 to 2003!?!

You might be right about your bet...your buddy's still waiting to beat us, let alone watch a finals game though.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

FWIW... why is it that when people disagree they are lesser supporters? Or happy to accept mediocrity?
Just the way it is, if people don't agree with me then they are crap supporters. 8-)
I don't think that at all actually quite the opposite IMO EVERYONE on here regardless of what is thought of each other are very passionate and are as strong as supporters get otherwise they wouldn't be on here .

Like my point about Carlton I respect everyone on this forum for that much regardless of how much abuse or stupid comments are made.

It unfortunately becomes personal and people start making accusations.

Can you help me Im trying to find the post where it says your not a good supporter?
WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
Who cares?

If you are not joking then please PISS OFF!!
Because YOU are exactly the type of ball and chain supporter which is holding us back from being successful...

If you are joking then please disregard

Why would I be joking? We have a silly thread with chicken littles worrying about something that is out of our control based on bettin odds, 5 months before the season starts.

Ball and chain? Holding the club back? Go back and re-read your comments. Now you want to prove that you have a bigger d!ck than mine?

Grow up... oh and why don't u p1ss off?

I Bet you're some middle aged, overweight, balding guy, who just isn't interested in rocking the boat IN CASE we might just be successful, because you are so used to losing

Please see above re the personal stuff. and where it began from. :roll:

So there you have the original comment, my response, and the follow up comment calling me bald, fat etc. Not nice.

My comment of "who cares" reflects my thoughts on the matter. Carlton, Richmond? Who cares. Let's worry about what we can control... not where other teams are at. That's essentially my view.

The OP began y stating that Blues were now ahead of us because of the odds being offered. On that alone, I reckon it's a silly conclusion to draw.

If you want to discuss where they're at and how they'll go, then ok.

But all this about them overtaking us... yes they have potential to develop into a good tem. But we are ahead of them and I suspect we'll improve further this year.

IMO, Geelong and Dorks are the ones we should be worrying about.
Yeah point taken about the insults but as for as being more concerned about Geelong there is a cycle and you can't stay up there for long and Geelong are coming to the finish of theirs IMO.

I'm more concerned for us about clubs from below us coming up and overtaking us like Hawthorne and I'm not at all influenced by book makers odds or expert opinions by I believe Carlton are on the rise.

I just feel some Clubs don't know how to go all the way and some do.
The bulldogs no matter how well they do just to me never look like they are able to have what it takes to go that last step and win the flag.

Maybe it's not knowing how or something I don't know and I sometimes worry that we're a bit the same.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Geelong have some young players coming through such as Hawkins and Selwood, which will keep them competitive for a few more years.

Carlton has potential. And as we've seen, potential counts for squat when it comes to winning a flag.

Let's see how it unfurls next year. But to say that the Blues will win a flag before us... with conviction... is too far fetched IMO.

Look at what happened to us and WCE. Too many variables.

It's also sadly downplaying our own players who have yet to hit their peak.

Call me an optimist, but I'd be very surprised if the scum overtake us next year. I reckon their 2 to 3 years away. But I could be wrong. :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints94
SS Life Member

Tigers are rising aswell :wink:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

tweedaletomanning wrote:

Sorry, just very good at identifying personality types (can't b eleive I was spot on)
Don't flatter yourself. Like I stated, at least I can laugh at myself.

44, 85kg, but bald.... oh and retired... internationally published author and public speaker.. and business mentor... yep, you win.

I'm a loser. I'm sorry to have been so disrespectful to you. :roll:

Final say in the matter AFAIAC.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:

Don't flatter yourself. Like I stated, at least I can laugh at myself.

44, 85kg, but bald.... oh and retired... internationally published author and public speaker.. and business mentor... yep, you win.

I'm a loser. I'm sorry to have been so disrespectful to you. :roll:

Final say in the matter AFAIAC.
Bully for you...If you feel Successful...Good for you

BUt to use your own words back at you...

WHO CARES?? :roll:

JeffDunne

tweedaletomanning wrote:Ok personal insult...Great...Thats Fine...
You're prepared to insult the vast majority of league's most loyal supporters and now you're bleating about people returning fire?

I think my observation might have been more accurate than I first thought!
Last edited by JeffDunne on Sun 30 Nov 2008 8:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
You're prepared to insult the vast majrity of league's most loyal supporters and now you're bleating about people returning fire?

Yeah, your a regular Einstein :roll: :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
You're prepared to insult the vast majrity of league's most loyal supporters and now you're bleating about people returning fire?

Yeah, your a regular Einstein :roll: :roll:
Sounds like he touched a nerve.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JeffDunne

Here's a tip Tweedledumb . . . if you’re going to insult people's intelligence it helps if you do so in a grammatically correct manner or you come off looking like a twit.

But hey, I guess you're used to that?

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:Here's a tip Tweedledumb . . . if you’re going to insult people's intelligence it helps if you do so in a grammatically correct manner or you come off looking like a twit.

OMG :shock:

You are actually clueless :shock:

Wow very clever usage of the tweedledumb thing :roll:

Didn't realise you were a saints supporter Mr Hawking :roll:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:Here's a tip Tweedledumb . . . if you’re going to insult people's intelligence it helps if you do so in a grammatically correct manner or you come off looking like a twit.

Don't waste your time JD. This kids got some special issues. Just take a look at his intelligent "nuggets" of wisdom...

Quote:

I might be the first to say it BUT i'm definately not the first to think it...THAT YOU"RE AN IDIOT

Seriously if you are an "ICEMAN" then you must of had an "ICE BRAIN"
.....But it must have melted......

Thats because your brain must OF melted...

I'll say it any way I like...

Oh well, we'll(is that ok..it means WE WILL ) have to agree
that I'm (thats I AM ) right and you are WRONG..

End quote.

And that's just a small sample of Mr Successful intelligent rantings.

Seems to be either another keyboard hero, or have some self-esteem issues.

Ho hum. You argue with kids, what do you expect? :wink:

Oh, and as for the "Throw your words back at you... Who cares?

Well you obviously do coz you keep getting baited. :lol:

JeffDunne

Sorry, clearly OMG's, terms like "clueless" and the excessive use of smilies are comebacks beyond my intelligence. I'll strive to be more like the self-appointed demi-god next time I reply.

I am interested though in this theory that supporters that don't share your "woe is me" view of life are somehow responsible for us not reaching the ultimate goal.

JeffDunne

WayneJudson42 wrote:Don't waste your time JD.
Now be fair Wayne, our friend here might have the solution to all our problems and frustrations.

I'm not quite sure how supporters throwing a hissy fit and worshipping Carlton is going to make us successful but hell, what would I know from the comfort of my sheltered workshop?

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:Sorry, clearly OMG's, terms like "clueless" and the excessive use of smilies are comebacks beyond my intelligence. I'll strive to be more like the self-appointed demi-god next time I reply.

I am interested though in this theory that supporters that don't share your "woe is me" view of life are somehow responsible for us not reaching the ultimate goal.
Whatever you say, professor, whatever you say...

BUT lets keep in contact, cos me thinks I could be making loads of money off you in the near future... :lol:

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Don't waste your time JD.
Now be fair Wayne, our friend here might have the solution to all our problems and frustrations.

I'm not quite sure how supporters throwing a hissy fit and worshipping Carlton is going to make us successful but hell, what would I know from the comfort of my sheltered workshop?
If you can find me ONE quote where I'm worshipping Carlton, I will apologise, Otherwise please stop talking crap and crawl back into your little delusional world.....

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:

Don't waste your time JD. This kids got some special issues. Just take a look at his intelligent "nuggets" of wisdom...

Quote:

I might be the first to say it BUT i'm definately not the first to think it...THAT YOU"RE AN IDIOT

End quote.

AHEM!! BUSINESS MENTOR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MAte, if I'm a sheep, then you must be the proverbial New Zealand shearer.

In a scene edited from Baz Lurhman's epic: Australia...

Jackman walks behind the shearing shed and catches Rodgerfox alone with a sheep.

Jackman: Rodge, mate... what hell ya doing here? Are you gunna shear that bloody sheep or what?

Rodgerfox (with Kiwi accent): Mate, I'm not shearing this sheep with anyone. Go get your own. Move on.

Baz: Cut! WTF is going on Rodger? We're trying to win an Academy Award, son.

Rodgerfox: We have the talent to win the award, but we're being poorly directed IMO. We've gone backwards since you sacked GT.

Jackman: Come on Rodge, we need you.

Rodgerfox: What is your obsession with me? Please dont' make this scene about me...

With that, Lurhman and Jackman leave Rodger to his own devices.

Lurhman: Hey, Hugh. What's got six legs and makes a u turn?

Jackman: Rodgerfox?

Lurhman: Oh, you've heard that one before?

Jackman: Nah... WJ42 told me.

BAAAA BAAAAAAAA

International Publisher :lol: :lol: :lol:

8-)

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

tweedaletomanning wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

Quote:

End quote.

Jackman walks behind the shearing shed and catches Rodgerfox alone with a sheep.

Jackman: Rodge, mate... what hell ya doing here? Are you gunna shear that bloody sheep or what?

Rodgerfox (with Kiwi accent): Mate, I'm not shearing this sheep with anyone. Go get your own. Move on.

Rodgerfox: We have the talent to win the award, but we're being poorly directed IMO. We've gone backwards since you sacked GT.

Rodgerfox: What is your obsession with me? Please dont' make this scene about me...

BAAAA BAAAAAAAA

8-)
That's between Rodge and me. Actually, I reckon it's quite witty... but that's one man's view.

So I went thru some threads to quote you, to see your reaction... and I was right. You did the same. Very childish reaction which tells everyone more about you than me.

If that is the best you can find on me, then you may as well give up.

If you want to put $10k.... PM me and I'll give you my details and you can google me... any day son.

If I'm not what I state, then you've made a quick $10k.

BTW, I stated I was an internationally published author. Read it correctly.

Put ya money where ya trap is. :lol: or just F*** off.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

Quote:

End quote.

BAAAA BAAAAAAAA

8-)
That's between Rodge and me. Actually, I reckon it's quite witty... but that's one man's view.

So I went thru some threads to quote you, to see your reaction... and I was right. You did the same. Very childish reaction which tells everyone more about you than me.

If that is the best you can find on me, then you may as well give up.

If you want to put $10k.... PM me and I'll give you my details and you can google me... any day son.

If I'm not what I state, then you've made a quick $10k.

BTW, I stated I was an internationally published author. Read it correctly.

Put ya money where ya trap is. :lol: or just F*** off.
Please Mate, get some professional help, PLEASE.

You are averaging 12 Posts a day since you joined

12 A DAY. :roll:

GET A LIFE!!! Seriously!!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Quote from the reply to my PM about the bet...

"Not scared of the bet, just think that you are severey mentally unstable. "

Ok, so you're a chicken. if you ain't scared, why not up the cash. No? Then please go away and go lay some eggs, or get back with your friends on myspace.

Yes, I have the luxury of free time where I can muck around on a forum.

So what? Now you want to dictate to people how often they should post?

Now please go away and stop insulting the posters.

Seems like you're real tough hiding behind a keyboard. Easy to throw insults, isn't it?? Blah blah blah. :roll: :roll:

So why not show everyone how shallow you are and take me up on the bet? Maybe you don't have a lazy $10k. That's ok, you can wash my car and polish my shoes for the next year. Deal?

Anyway, feel free to report me to the Mods. I'm shyting my pants. :lol:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm just popping over to my neighour's with my chain saw. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

He's a Carlton supporter BTW. :twisted:

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:Quote from the reply to my PM about the bet...

"Not scared of the bet, just think that you are severey mentally unstable. "

Ok, so you're a chicken. if you ain't scared, why not up the cash. No? Then please go away and go lay some eggs, or get back with your friends on myspace.

Yes, I have the luxury of free time where I can muck around on a forum.

So what? Now you want to dictate to people how often they should post?

Now please go away and stop insulting the posters.

Seems like you're real tough hiding behind a keyboard. Easy to throw insults, isn't it?? Blah blah blah. :roll: :roll:

So why not show everyone how shallow you are and take me up on the bet? Maybe you don't have a lazy $10k. That's ok, you can wash my car and polish my shoes for the next year. Deal?

Anyway, feel free to report me to the Mods. I'm shyting my pants. :lol:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm just popping over to my neighour's with my chain saw. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

He's a Carlton supporter BTW. :twisted:
NOW THATS FUNNY :lol: