It's Finally Happened......Carlton has overtaken us!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Mate, here's the bottom, if you care to listen...

This forum is made up of people from across the social spectrum.

It contains kids, older people, rich people, battlers, parents, and grand parents; who are united by one common thread... their passion for the St Kilda footy club.

Their views vary greatly. Some are eternal optmists... some just plain old pessimists. We argue, we get fired up, and we agree to disagree on many fronts.

One thing I have noticed, though, is the the vast majority have the decency to back down and apologize if they inadvertantly offend another poster.

There's also a great deal of very good and decent people who pour money into the club and do whatever they can to ensure that we all have a club to support. We also have people like Saintbrat to who provides us with breaking news as it occurs.

A forum is a social network, and Saintsational is a tribe driven by passion and emotion. In which case, logic and reason are usually the first casualties when a heated discussion erupts.

But the underlying thread in any tribe, is to respect your fellow tribe members.

If someone insults you, then let them know. However, to simply throw abuse at people because they do not agree with you, is childish and disrespectful.

If you do not agree with someone's point of view, then by all means argue your point ina respectful way. Afetr all, that is what a forum is all about.

To call people idiots, and to use things like "OMG :roll: " simply tells me that you are young, and either trying to be someone that you're not, or posess a low sense of self-esteem.

Either way, please feel free to contribute constructively, or if your preference is to play keyboard heroe, then please go find another outlet.

I'm not speaking on behalf of other members, but the feedback I'm getting seems to sum up how a few of us feel.

Respectfully,

WJ42.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Richter
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:Because many AFL supporters now think that all you need to do to be successful is get a bunch of early picks and just add water.

It's way so many of our supporters (and previous president) now feel dudded.
Just had to bump up this quote.

Perfectly on the money. And I must admit to being guilty myself.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:Here's a tip Tweedledumb . . . if you’re going to insult people's intelligence it helps if you do so in a grammatically correct manner or you come off looking like a twit.

But hey, I guess you're used to that?
Don't waste your time JD. This kids got some special issues. Just take a look at his intelligent "nuggets" of wisdom...

Quote:

I might be the first to say it BUT i'm definately not the first to think it...THAT YOU"RE AN IDIOT

Seriously if you are an "ICEMAN" then you must of had an "ICE BRAIN"
.....But it must have melted......

Thats because your brain must OF melted...

I'll say it any way I like...

Oh well, we'll(is that ok..it means WE WILL ) have to agree
that I'm (thats I AM ) right and you are WRONG..

End quote.

And that's just a small sample of Mr Successful intelligent rantings.

Seems to be either another keyboard hero, or have some self-esteem issues.

Ho hum. You argue with kids, what do you expect? :wink:

Oh, and as for the "Throw your words back at you... Who cares?

Well you obviously do coz you keep getting baited. :lol:
AHEM!! BUSINESS MENTOR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MAte, if I'm a sheep, then you must be the proverbial New Zealand shearer.

In a scene edited from Baz Lurhman's epic: Australia...

Jackman walks behind the shearing shed and catches Rodgerfox alone with a sheep.

Jackman: Rodge, mate... what hell ya doing here? Are you gunna shear that bloody sheep or what?

Rodgerfox (with Kiwi accent): Mate, I'm not shearing this sheep with anyone. Go get your own. Move on.

Baz: Cut! WTF is going on Rodger? We're trying to win an Academy Award, son.

Rodgerfox: We have the talent to win the award, but we're being poorly directed IMO. We've gone backwards since you sacked GT.

Jackman: Come on Rodge, we need you.

Rodgerfox: What is your obsession with me? Please dont' make this scene about me...

With that, Lurhman and Jackman leave Rodger to his own devices.

Lurhman: Hey, Hugh. What's got six legs and makes a u turn?

Jackman: Rodgerfox?

Lurhman: Oh, you've heard that one before?

Jackman: Nah... WJ42 told me.

BAAAA BAAAAAAAA

International Publisher :lol: :lol: :lol:

8-)
WTF? how did I get involved in all this??

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:Here's a tip Tweedledumb . . . if you’re going to insult people's intelligence it helps if you do so in a grammatically correct manner or you come off looking like a twit.

But hey, I guess you're used to that?
Don't waste your time JD. This kids got some special issues. Just take a look at his intelligent "nuggets" of wisdom...

Quote:

I might be the first to say it BUT i'm definately not the first to think it...THAT YOU"RE AN IDIOT

Seriously if you are an "ICEMAN" then you must of had an "ICE BRAIN"
.....But it must have melted......

Thats because your brain must OF melted...

I'll say it any way I like...

Oh well, we'll(is that ok..it means WE WILL ) have to agree
that I'm (thats I AM ) right and you are WRONG..

End quote.

And that's just a small sample of Mr Successful intelligent rantings.

Seems to be either another keyboard hero, or have some self-esteem issues.

Ho hum. You argue with kids, what do you expect? :wink:

Oh, and as for the "Throw your words back at you... Who cares?

Well you obviously do coz you keep getting baited. :lol:
AHEM!! BUSINESS MENTOR :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MAte, if I'm a sheep, then you must be the proverbial New Zealand shearer.

In a scene edited from Baz Lurhman's epic: Australia...

Jackman walks behind the shearing shed and catches Rodgerfox alone with a sheep.

Jackman: Rodge, mate... what hell ya doing here? Are you gunna shear that bloody sheep or what?

Rodgerfox (with Kiwi accent): Mate, I'm not shearing this sheep with anyone. Go get your own. Move on.

Baz: Cut! WTF is going on Rodger? We're trying to win an Academy Award, son.

Rodgerfox: We have the talent to win the award, but we're being poorly directed IMO. We've gone backwards since you sacked GT.

Jackman: Come on Rodge, we need you.

Rodgerfox: What is your obsession with me? Please dont' make this scene about me...

With that, Lurhman and Jackman leave Rodger to his own devices.

Lurhman: Hey, Hugh. What's got six legs and makes a u turn?

Jackman: Rodgerfox?

Lurhman: Oh, you've heard that one before?

Jackman: Nah... WJ42 told me.

BAAAA BAAAAAAAA

International Publisher :lol: :lol: :lol:

8-)
WTF? how did I get involved in all this??
He dug up a post I made in response to our little sheep thing. No one was involving you. The post was from another thread... :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Bevan Shorluey
Club Player

Moccha wrote:Why the fascination with Carlton?
It's sort of like footy's version of penis envy

JeffDunne

Bevan Shorluey wrote:
Says the Carlton lemming on a St Kilda forum.

Don't you morons ever get sick of talking and obsessing about everything that happens at St Kilda?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:
Bevan Shorluey wrote:

Don't you morons ever get sick of talking and obsessing about everything that happens at St Kilda?
I guess it must tough for them having suffered erectile disfunction against us for so long now. :lol:

What? 11 times now and they couldn't close the deal. :wink:

StSteven
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:Mate, here's the bottom, if you care to listen...

It contains kids, older people, rich people, battlers, parents, and grand parents; who are united by one common thread... their passion for the St Kilda footy club.

Their views vary greatly. Some are eternal optmists... some just plain old pessimists. We argue, we get fired up, and we agree to disagree on many fronts.

One thing I have noticed, though, is the the vast majority have the decency to back down and apologize if they inadvertantly offend another poster.

There's also a great deal of very good and decent people who pour money into the club and do whatever they can to ensure that we all have a club to support. We also have people like Saintbrat to who provides us with breaking news as it occurs.

A forum is a social network, and Saintsational is a tribe driven by passion and emotion. In which case, logic and reason are usually the first casualties when a heated discussion erupts.

But the underlying thread in any tribe, is to respect your fellow tribe members.

If someone insults you, then let them know. However, to simply throw abuse at people because they do not agree with you, is childish and disrespectful.

If you do not agree with someone's point of view, then by all means argue your point ina respectful way. Afetr all, that is what a forum is all about.

To call people idiots, and to use things like "OMG :roll: " simply tells me that you are young, and either trying to be someone that you're not, or posess a low sense of self-esteem.

Either way, please feel free to contribute constructively, or if your preference is to play keyboard heroe, then please go find another outlet.

I'm not speaking on behalf of other members, but the feedback I'm getting seems to sum up how a few of us feel.

Respectfully,

WJ42.

Great Policy statement for ALL Message boards.......well done.

Bevan Shorluey
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
Bevan Shorluey wrote:

Says the St Kilda moron in a 5 page thread about.....Carlton :lol: :lol:

Batnoe

StSteven wrote:

Respectfully,

WJ42.

Great Policy statement for ALL Message boards.......well done.

agree totally= post of the year

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Bevan Shorluey wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
Bevan Shorluey wrote:

Says the St Kilda moron in a 5 page thread about.....Carlton :lol: :lol:
Ho hum... another immature person trying to be a hero. YAWN! :roll:

Please go away. You're not wlecome here. How sad to have to join opposition forums to get your kicks.

JeffDunne

Bevan Shorluey wrote:Says the St Kilda moron in a 5 page thread about.....Carlton :lol: :lol:
Seriously f/wit, why don't you toddle off back to TalkingTanking and join the rest of the simpletons discussing St Kilda on the 100 page thread you have going there?

If you weren't so clueless you'd realise this thread is very much about St Kilda only using your rabble as a comparison. Hence why it's on this board.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Respectfully,

WJ42.
hypocrite [hip-oh-krit]
Noun
a person who pretends to be what he or she is not [Greek hupokrinein to pretend]

Do you really need a case and point???

Gotta love the morally superior.....

TBM

I'm sorry but you guys could cheat all you like and still not win a premiership...

Carlton is about success we know what it takes. We thought we were bigger than the AFL...I mean we had the money so why not use it to our advantage? It ultimately became our downfall though (all be it brief :P)

StKilda is about something it must be because it has a great group of loyal supporters but flags just doesn't happen to be that 'something'...

Carlton NEEDS success...if the 2000-2006 era had have gone on any longer I fear something terrible could have happened. We are a club built on success if the supporters aren't getting it then they either lose interest or kick up a mighty big fuss.

StKilda has survived for how many years without success? You don't need flags....go worry about your next 300 game champion that should keep the majority of supporters going...
Last edited by TBM on Tue 02 Dec 2008 12:34am, edited 1 time in total.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Ok well here it is...
WayneJudson42 wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:Only Winmar and a rare few get it... :?
That you're a whiney loser.

No, I 'get' and fully understand that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please be careful as you dismount off your moral high horse :wink:

Respectfully

TTM

P.S. Can we all be friends Now?? :D

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

so are carlton ahead of uson the ladder yet???

2 established mid's (judd and murphy) and a full forward plus a whole bunch of potential aint much...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

TBM wrote:I'm sorry but you guys could cheat all you like and still not win a premiership...

Carlton is about success we know what it takes. We thought we were bigger than the AFL...I mean we had the money so why not use it to our advantage? It ultimately became our downfall though (all be it brief :P)

StKilda is about something it must be because it has a great group of loyal supporters but flags just doesn't happen to be that 'something'...

Carlton NEEDS success...if the 2000-2006 era had have gone on any longer I fear something terrible could have happened. We are a club built on success if the supporters aren't getting it then they either lose interest or kick up a mighty big fuss.

StKilda has survived for how many years without success? You don't need flags....go worry about your next 300 game champion that should keep the majority of supporters going...
You talk as if your period of abject failure is over. Please let us know when you make it into the top half of the ladder

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

TBM wrote:I'm sorry but you guys could cheat all you like and still not win a premiership...

I feel sorry for you, you are probably an honest person who now, unfortunately follows a cheating organization "I mean we had the money so why not use it to our advantage? " It's called cheating and you seem to condone it, maybe following such a dishonest rabble has changed you.:cry: .
Your Pres is a cheat as was a recent one. So Carlton is success by dishonesty.

JeffDunne

I always love the way Carlton Lemmings claim "we" had/have the money.

When Elliott was given the arse and uncle Dick got ticked his criminal mate was no longer in charge of his play thing, Carlton were a financial basket case. On all fours begging the AFL for handouts. Ian Collins offered the AFL the keys to the joint but who would take on a financial black hole like the Princes Park Rabble?

They became such a rabble after one of he league's most embarrassing board elections that there was nobody left that was prepared or capable of dragging their arse off the bottom. They became so used to losing they started cheering for it.

Then they got on all fours again and turned to the criminal Elliott and him in turn his mentor the Price Fixer. Now the Price Fixer had this little problem of the Federal Government exposing him as one of Australia's biggest crooks, and Pigs Arse had already been exposed, so for him a couple of $mil to buy some good publicity and get his play thing back with his criminal buddy in tow was perfect timing.

The Price Fixer, and proven cheat, was effectively given private ownership of an AFL club for about .2c in the dollar. Dick might be a crook and a liar, but he knows a bargin when he sees one.

Carlton with Pratt = financial club

Carlton without Pratt = financial basket case

The Carlton "money" is one of football biggest myths and it's only Carlton Lemmings that still "believe" this to be true (although I doubt even they believe it, as seen by their insecurity in needing to join opposition forums)

Carlton, like their criminal pseudo president(s), are a fraud.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

tweedaletomanning wrote:

Respectfully,

WJ42.
hypocrite [hip-oh-krit]
Noun
a person who pretends to be what he or she is not [Greek hupokrinein to pretend]

Do you really need a case and point???

Gotta love the morally superior.....
Bully for you! You can use a dictionary. Now how about looking up the words respect, manners, maturity and courtesy.

Nothing "morally superior" about it.

Just common courtesy to others, one would have thought. Unlike you who made the judgement calls on other people's physical appearance, beliefs and intellectual wisdom, I see myself no better or any lesser than anyone else on this forum.

A wiser person would simply acknowledge that perhaps they got it wrong and back down. But obviously not you.

First you abuse people, then when they alert you to the fact, you dub them as "morally superior". WTF?

Go ahead and spit out your sarcasm behind your keyboard, and have the final word. Like I said, it's more telling about you than me.

Obviously, you just don't get it.

Cheerio.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

We have a justice system to deal with people who cheat the system. Unfortunately once a criminal always a criminal. Karma always has the last say!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:

We have a justice system to deal with people who cheat the system. Unfortunately once a criminal always a criminal. Karma always has the last say!
whoever it is is 100% correct about the 300 game champion comment at the end of the post

see even other clubs know 'we' idolize with certain players over a team....i.e. do it for harvey etc...he is god

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
JeffDunne

SP 2008, if St Kilda supporters are so obnoxious to you, why don't you 'follow' a different club?

I'm sure the Pratt worshippers would have you. You’re just their type.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Respectfully,

WJ42.
That's funny.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:

Respectfully,

WJ42.
That's funny.
I didn't think you had a sense of humour Rodge... Like it says... not all members. This excludes miserable sods like you.

BAAA BAAA