couple of thoughts in response to last night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

couple of thoughts in response to last night

just a few things to ponder

- how much would it have cost us salary wise to make sure we got cousins. Would we have to put the squeeze on some of our stars to fit him in?

- How much would it have cost to employee someone to oversee the drug program for benny. It included bringing in people to mentor him and help him. there was also the suggestion that it would cost 200k to have a bodyguard make sure he didn't stuff up.

- do we risk the chance to lose priemership points if he was found to be taking on match days? This is a big risk. Could be afford to lose a sponsor ($$) if benny starting taking drugs again? What if he decided to shave his hair again and was suspended?

- Why didn't ben play at all this year at a lower level? Wouldn't it have been better for him to be training 4 times a week, thus shouting out "look my hammy's are great and I'm fit and ready to make a second go of this". Does ben REALLY want this?

- Is a ben cousins in 2008 ready for the rigours of a full season. Could his body hold up. Can his skills still be there in a game that has become faster and faster?

Personally I believe that ben has done nothing to declare that he is mentally and physically up to playing senior football next year. It's a big enough risk without the question mark over his actual football form and fitness.

Remember we have a group of players coming into their prime. It will be as a team that they find glory, not on the back of a guy who has not kicked a football in anger for a LONG time.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Personally, I blame the board. :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Exactly what I hinted in another thread, but you have summarised it perfectly Solar IMO

Way too much risk IMO, and turning 31 next year without seeing him play at any level last year, plus the fact of knowing for weeks about the hair sample and has failed to provide it, has done him no favours IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
undecided
Club Player

Re: couple of thoughts in response to last night

Solar wrote:just a few things to ponder

- how much would it have cost us salary wise to make sure we got cousins. Would we have to put the squeeze on some of our stars to fit him in?

- How much would it have cost to employee someone to oversee the drug program for benny. It included bringing in people to mentor him and help him. there was also the suggestion that it would cost 200k to have a bodyguard make sure he didn't stuff up.

- do we risk the chance to lose priemership points if he was found to be taking on match days? This is a big risk. Could be afford to lose a sponsor ($$) if benny starting taking drugs again? What if he decided to shave his hair again and was suspended?

- Why didn't ben play at all this year at a lower level? Wouldn't it have been better for him to be training 4 times a week, thus shouting out "look my hammy's are great and I'm fit and ready to make a second go of this". Does ben REALLY want this?

- Is a ben cousins in 2008 ready for the rigours of a full season. Could his body hold up. Can his skills still be there in a game that has become faster and faster?

Personally I believe that ben has done nothing to declare that he is mentally and physically up to playing senior football next year. It's a big enough risk without the question mark over his actual football form and fitness.

Remember we have a group of players coming into their prime. It will be as a team that they find glory, not on the back of a guy who has not kicked a football in anger for a LONG time.
after the way we have topped up in previous drafts im really suprissed we didnt want to get BC and then when we have the chance to get some1 who could potentially play for more then a year or 2 we decide against it. I would like to know the thought processes of the board and the real reason behind the decision

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: couple of thoughts in response to last night

undecided wrote: after the way we have topped up in previous drafts im really suprissed we didnt want to get BC and then when we have the chance to get some1 who could potentially play for more then a year or 2 we decide against it. I would like to know the thought processes of the board and the real reason behind the decision
Has any other Club recruited a player that turns 31 next season with that much baggage before???

You state you want to know the real reason behind the Clubs decision....

Why has every other Club, bar Brisbane (for the moment), done the same??

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

I say F*** BC... everything he touches turns to sh1t.

Just look at the trouble and disruption he's caused us already... and he ain't even playing for us!

The boy needs to be put over my knee and given his come uppance with my husband's cricket bat... and wipe that smug look right off his face.

Imagine the horror of all our little whipper snappers getting stuck into the Whizz Fizz because they want to be just like Benny the Rolemodel.

Have said it all along: People of his ilk are nothing but trouble, and best kept away from.

You lie down with dogs, and you wake up with a mongrel on heat rubbing your leg.

There there little Archie. sticks and stones... sticks and stones... you were just following orders. Big hug.

And to all you supporters who want to tear up your memberships... shame on you. I've been supporting this club since it was a ship in Scotland (our spiritual home).

Sincerely,

Wayne's Nanna.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.