Gardner OK - Cousins NOT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Is it fair that Richmond may get another PSD pick if Polaxed is allowed to be a mature aged rookie?

This is an obvious Cousins grab....a Tigers official was on SEN this morning and said they were interested in Cousins.

Why the F*** couldn't they draft him in the National Draft?

If the AFL allow Richmond another pick in the PSD, they are seriously compromising the whole competition and that INCLUDES ST KILDA!

Dimwit, please turn down Richmond's request in a heartbeat....
WHY??

Why, Polak nearly died and it still appears that he is not ready to return as quickly as the Club hoped??

Why the F*** would Richmond use a pick in a very talented ND for a 30 year old??

Just why do you feel that they are seriously compromising the whole competition and that INCLUDES ST KILDA?????
Because every other club bar Essendon with Rama... who had cancer... would place the player on the LTI list and elevate a rookie... that's farken why.

It's a rort of the system, whichever way you look at it.

Polak should go on the LTI list. Period. Once again, like sirengate, bending the rules wil open a can of worms. And will open the floodgates for teams who may just want to exploit the rule in future, IMO.

Rama was the exception and NOT the rule.

Absolute disgrace if they get away with it IMO, and I'd be disgusted if we did the same.

Tell me what's changed since 2 weeks ago about Polak's condition that Richmond didn't know? Very cunning.

And I wonder if Cuz wasn't available if they'd still try this stunt...

Give me a break, ffs! :roll: :roll:

At least they will some respect from Carlton.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

if a team can bend the rules and make a damn good positive out of a guy running into a tram half boozed then why not?

make the best of what is presented infront of you

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:if a team can bend the rules and make a damn good positive out of a guy running into a tram half boozed then why not?

Because the "compassion" rule is for players with genuine problems.

One would think that being "half boozed" would fall under the "good one, knucklehead... it's off to the LTI list for you" rule.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:if a team can bend the rules and make a damn good positive out of a guy running into a tram half boozed then why not?

One would think that being "half boozed" would fall under the "good one, knucklehead... it's off to the LTI list for you" rule.
one would have thought so...

if we were in richmond's situation and we did get cousin's we would be chauffed with ourselves despite not actually doing anything

perhaps the druggies get all the breaks???

poor polak

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

if we were in richmond's situation and we did get cousin's we would be chauffed with ourselves despite not actually doing anything

poor polak
I don't think it's a done deal just yet.

We're about to see if the AFL really want him back or not.

Also, if enough clubs kick up a stink, then it won't happen.

Also, also... what happens if Polak is ready to come back midyear? Would Benny have to go back to the rookie list?

Also, also, also... who wears #9 for Richmond, will he give it up for Benny... and will Richmond win the flag? :shock:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Actually the AFL have little say this time in whether he comes back..all they decide is whether the Tiges get a 2nd pick or not..they can get him with their existing pick should they want to..and its looking more and more like they will.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

poor polak

Also, also... what happens if Polak is ready to come back midyear? Would Benny have to go back to the rookie list?

Also, also, also... who wears #9 for Richmond, will he give it up for Benny... and will Richmond win the flag? :shock:
god wayne you didnt get the joke about ALL the druggos getting all the breaks...jesus...slow man...

i know...who on earth will get the magical number 9 causing cousins to magically power up captain planet style and blast his way over the telstra dome using a jetpack

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

poor polak

god wayne you didnt get the joke about ALL the druggos getting all the breaks...jesus...slow man...

i know...who on earth will get the magical number 9 causing cousins to magically power up captain planet style and blast his way over the telstra dome using a jetpack
sorry dude... slow start today. :lol:

bob__71
Club Player

Damn I'm glad our club represented by the much maligned AF have a bit more class about this whole situation. Freo seems to represent a lot of you, maybe you should follow them.

I say good on Richmond for standing by Polack in his time of need, and good on them for offering Cousins a new home.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: perhaps the druggies get all the breaks???

poor polak
Ironic.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

B W and R all over wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: perhaps the druggies get all the breaks???

poor polak
Ironic.
The irony is that he wanted to drive home, but his mates suggested he'd be better off catching a tram.

bob__71
Club Player

How much slander do we need in one thread?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

bob__71 wrote:How much slander do we need in one thread?
slander, WTF?

If it was Fiora in Polak's place... th tram would have missed him at the last minute. :?

I don't think anyone feels ill towards Polak, it's a sh1t of thing to happen.

Some of us don't take ourselves seriously... but you obviously do.

bob__71
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
slander, WTF?

If it was Fiora in Polak's place... th tram would have missed him at the last minute. :?

Your choice if you want to be a joke i guess

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

bob__71 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
slander, WTF?

Your choice if you want to be a joke i guess
Mate, I've been a joke since conception.

But thank you for passing judgement on me. I'm always open to advice from people who have lived a "perfect" life.

Which reminds of the one about Jesus and the stoning...

Jesus was walking through Jerusalem and found a crowd yelling and cheering. As he got closer, he realized that there was a women standing in the middle being stoned.

Jesus... being Jesus, interupted the crowd and yelled out:

"STOP! Let he or she who is without sin... cast the 1st stone."

After about 4 seconds of silence, a large rock came flying from behind him, and hit the poor lady on the arm.

Jesus quickly turned around to see who threw the stone, and promptly said to the perpetrator:

"F**k*ing hell, Mother! You really do sh1t me at times with your holier-than-thou bullsh1t".

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Actually the AFL have little say this time in whether he comes back..all they decide is whether the Tiges get a 2nd pick or not..they can get him with their existing pick should they want to..and its looking more and more like they will.
true to an extent.....a second pick just makes it a very easy decision for the Tiges....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So the AFL have now said no to Richmond.

(I'm posting this on this thread as the mods have moved another thread to the other forum, where many posters may not see it!).

Question:

Who thinks they'll use their only pick on Cousins?

I doubt it.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Question:

Who thinks they'll use their only pick on Cousins?

I doubt it.
Who gives a fying fluck

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Was that Dimwit hiding behind the grassy knoll? :shock:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

There's going to be a sh1tload of ex-members next season.

So far we've heard
Collingwood members screaming they are going to tear up tehir memberships for not picking up BC

Saints members screaming they are going to tear up their memberships for not picking up BC

Brions members screaming they are going to tear up their memberships for not picking up BC
and nopw Tigers members threatening to tear up their memberships if they don't pick up BC

The AFL, if they were really clever, should arrange a weekly venue where BC could run around in a Filth, Saints, Brions or Tigers guernsey (each week a different one) and then sell BC Membership packages including reserved seats for all those BC fans who have torn up their Club memberships. Think of the financial success they would have? :)

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

So the Tiggers are now "indicating" that they are unlikely to draft him tomorrow...

So how serious were they? Only if they could rort the system? If they really want him, they should just take him.

What a rabble.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:So the Tiggers are now "indicating" that they are unlikely to draft him tomorrow...

So how serious were they? Only if they could rort the system? If they really want him, they should just take him.

What a rabble.
I heard 'Monkey-Boy' on 3AW tonight and when asked why the Commission refused the Tigers application he gave 3 reasons:-

1. Polak was on their Primary List and as such should be dealt with by the existing rules - put on the Long Term Injury list if necessary, unlike Rama who was not under contract and therefore not able to be put on the LTI

2. There was a majority of the 16 Clubs who were against it (not that that necessarily meant the Commission had to rule in the negative)

3. Part of the Tigers submission was 'substantial salary cap relief'.

IMHO here is the real motive for the Tigers application - they may not have the room in their Salary Cap to actually recruit him and decided that the best way to make that room was to get Polak off their main list (his contract at the very least).

Not much to do with the Tigers 'looking after the best interests' of Polak.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Mon 15 Dec 2008 9:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:So the Tiggers are now "indicating" that they are unlikely to draft him tomorrow...

What a rabble.
I heard 'Monkey-Boy' on 3AW tonight and when asked why teh Commission refused the Tigers application he gave 3 reasons:-

1. Polak was on their Primary List ans as such should be dealt with by the existing rules - put on the Long Term Injury list if necessary, unlike Rama who was not under xontract and therefore not able to be put on the LTI

2. There was a majority of the 16 Clubs who were against it (not that that necessarily meant the COmmission had to rule in the negative)

3. Part of teh Tigers submission was 'substantial salary cap relief'.

IMHO here is the real motive for the Tigers application - they may not have the room in their Salary Cap to actually recruit him and decided that the best way to make that room was to get Polak off their main list (his contract at the very least).

Not much to do with the Tigers 'looking after th best interests' of Polak.
So the majority of clubs were against the Tigers application re Polak/Cousins, but our CEO was not!

I remember seeing reports that Archie supported Richmond's application - well, to put it another way, he wasn't against it is perhaps a better way of putting it!

In any case, I'm not happy with Archie's soft stance on the matter.

The AFL clearly don't want Cousins to play again in any case.....

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

What a rabble.
I heard 'Monkey-Boy' on 3AW tonight and when asked why teh Commission refused the Tigers application he gave 3 reasons:-

1. Polak was on their Primary List ans as such should be dealt with by the existing rules - put on the Long Term Injury list if necessary, unlike Rama who was not under xontract and therefore not able to be put on the LTI

2. There was a majority of the 16 Clubs who were against it (not that that necessarily meant the COmmission had to rule in the negative)

3. Part of the Tigers submission was 'substantial salary cap relief'.

Not much to do with the Tigers 'looking after the best interests' of Polak.
So the majority of clubs were against the Tigers application re Polak/Cousins, but our CEO was not!

I remember seeing reports that Archie supported Richmond's application - well, to put it another way, he wasn't against it is perhaps a better way of putting it!

Actually Cousins name was not mentioned in teh Tigers submission ans as such 'had no bearing' on the Commission's decision.

Tigers submission was based solely on taking Polak off their 'primary list' and putting him on teh 'rookie list', enabling the Tigers to ahve a further pick in teh PSD.
What the Tigers did with that 'further pick' was apparently nothing to do with the AFL or any of the other 15 Clubs.

It was purely a decision to either let Richmond bend/break/rort the existing rules or not?
Last edited by Mr Magic on Mon 15 Dec 2008 9:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

What a rabble.

3. Part of teh Tigers submission was 'substantial salary cap relief'.

Not much to do with the Tigers 'looking after th best interests' of Polak.

So how does this become another "blame" Archie issue?