Another interesting comment from the Membership brochure

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Another interesting comment from the Membership brochure

Just reading the benefits of reserved seating as stated in the brochure,,and saw,,

Sit in seating areas that are exclusive to St Kilda Members

Now, many reserved seat folk will tell you thats not strictly true. If the seats around you arent sold by the Club on a yearly basis, they go on sale to the general public on match day. I'm sure many of you have had the lovely experience of havng a feral oppo fan or two in your nice lil reserved seat enclave. To be totally fair, its not fair to the oppo fan either to be plonked there in the first place

Ive taken this up with both the Club and Telstra Dome, in an attempt to try and find a way to ensure that those seats (specifically the MW reserved area but it would flow on) could be somehow only sold to Saints members, even on the day. Both parties told me it wasnt possible, as Ticketmasters software was not capable of doing it. TD were good enough to let me have first dibs on the MW ones game-by-game if anyone wanted them before they became available to the public, but with mases of walk up seating behind us, there wasnt a big take up.

Ill be posting a query to Archie, but Im wondering if the TM software has been upgraded to only allow Saints fans in where only Saints fans should be :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like TM software is stuck in the 80's or early 90's.

I can't believe they haven't invested sufficiently in this area.

I wonder if Ticketek is better from an IT perspective? (in case they take over ticketing at Telstra Dome!)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

How did TicketMaster (i think it was them?) manage to sell tickets to all 2008 Finals Games on a 'CLub per Section' basis?

PLUGGER14
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Sounds like TM software is stuck in the 80's or early 90's.

I can't believe they haven't invested sufficiently in this area.

I wonder if Ticketek is better from an IT perspective? (in case they take over ticketing at Telstra Dome!)
Yep Ticketek does this well when allocating seats at the Gabba for our games up here.

Not so good initially though.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

The club habitually makes it a duty to screw over each and every reserve seat holder with rubbish like this.

I'm sick of opposition fans being sold tickets in our area.

It wouldn't happen in football, I don't see why it should happen in AFL.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:The club habitually makes it a duty to screw over each and every reserve seat holder with rubbish like this.

AFL is football that other game is soccer. On this though I dont see what is wrong having a fer opposition supporters in our area. Adds a bit of fun to the area I reckon.

Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:AFL is football that other game is soccer.
Whatever.
plugger66 wrote:On this though I dont see what is wrong having a fer opposition supporters in our area. Adds a bit of fun to the area I reckon.
I pay $plenty to sit with St Kilda supporters. Can you work out what's wrong with oppositions supporters siiting where I sit?

I also didn't want to have 'fun' opposition with supporters at at the Frankston end...

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

We should also remember that "some" members actually invite friends/family into reserved seat areas. These friends/family are occasionally fans of the opposition. That really s***s me because it is our own who are creating this situation. The club were on to it this year but I'm not sure how anyone can police it.

On a slightly different topic, we have to put up with opposition fans anyway.

Whenever we play Hawthorn as our home game, a fairly large group of "FEREL" hawk fans gather on the concorse behind aisles 35 and 36 on level 1. Fortunately for us, we have got on top of Hawthorn in recent games at the dome that has not only shut this mob up, but has turned some of our more mild mannered members in this area into LOUD, PROUD & PASSIONATE supporters who give back as good as they get (but only if we are winning) !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:The club habitually makes it a duty to screw over each and every reserve seat holder with rubbish like this.

AFL is football that other game is soccer. On this though I dont see what is wrong having a fer opposition supporters in our area. Adds a bit of fun to the area I reckon.
If your idea of fun is a punch-up then I guess it does lol

There are plenty of areas to sit with your opposition mates..my point is that if the Club state "exclusive St Kilda" in the brochure then thats what it should be..otherwise you are selling seats under false pretences

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Thanks for that Andy.

How do you think the AFL will go next year?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Pilgram
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Adds a bit of fun to the area I reckon.
level one: the only area you can get away with a good, solid brawl.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Pilgram wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Not always. In Feb I am going to court as a witness to put a Hawthorn neanderthal away.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Pilgram
Club Player

Selhurst Saint wrote:
Pilgram wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Not always. In Feb I am going to court as a witness to put a Hawthorn neanderthal away.
thick-skulled idiots.
good luck with that by the way.
i was within a whisker of sending one to the vet myself last season.
next year i'm targeting cats.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

On round 22 against Essendon I upgraded my standing room ticket to a Level 1 seat. What I didnt realise was this was slap bang in the Essendon Social Club reserved seats. Was not good for me or them, well bugger them, but having old ladies tsking and greasing me out, not moving their legs to let me out to get a beer, having to endure their whining and whinging really did not make for a good mix. Perhaps the seating allocators arent allowed to ask who you follow when allocating seats on discrimination lines - I dunno

spidoir
Club Player

come on guys, this is footy. it is built on tradition and rivalry. without opposition supporters you can't have that.

As long as you are not a dumb supporter it seems to be better for all when you are amongst it. Unfortunately there are too many idiots in the world who want to incite a riot. Often in WA the shoe is on the other foot, we are the few amongst the rest.

now i'm as passionate as the next guy - ask anyone who knows me - i give as good as i get, but lets not get too precious about having 1/100 opposition supporters in an area. Yes, you pay money, so does everyone else, just because it doesn't end up the as the perfect world you hoped for i don't think its really worth getting that upset about. ultimately we're all there to watch the footy and see the Saints win.

"The line 'I'm a mad St Kilda supporter' is one of life's great tautologies, because sanity has never been a requisite to follow the fortunes of the red, white and black"
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I raised the issue in the "Ask Membership" section on SaintsCentral

The question I asked was..
The 2009 Membership brochure states that one of the benefits of a reserved seat is "seating in an exclusively St Kilda area"

Is this actually going to happen? . In previous years Unsold yearly seats have been put on sale to the general public on game day, resulting (On Levels 1 and 3 anyway) in numerous opposition fans among the ranks.

Are steps being taken to try and have only saints members be able to buy those seats on game day..and will there also be reminders that your seat strictly isnt transferabe, especially to scarf-wearing fans of the team we are playing!

and the answer was thus...

Believe me, we hate this too! The Club would love nothing more than to see an entire level of enthusiastic red, white and black supporters but the reality is not so simple.

While Memberships are not transferrable, unfortunately a number of fans abuse this policy and pass their card on to friends or family members (who support the opposition!) when they cannot attend a game. We have made the Telstra Dome aware of this and they have assured us they will brief their gate attendants to be more vigilant from 2009 onwards.

Bear in mind that while venue staff can be advised to check, it is literally impossible to check that everyone is a legitimate St Kilda Member as the time and associated cost would make it a logistical nightmare and completely unfeasible.

The Club has always (and will continue to) request that the Telstra Dome only sells vacant seats to St Kilda Members. On the whole they are quite accommodating, but there are never any guarantees.

SO...the bottom line is that you MAY NOT be sitting in an exclusively St Kilda area

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: While Memberships are not transferrable, unfortunately a number of fans abuse this policy and pass their card on to friends or family members (who support the opposition!) when they cannot attend a game. We have made the Telstra Dome aware of this and they have assured us they will brief their gate attendants to be more vigilant from 2009 onwards.
This is the part that really p1sses me off....

Even though those that have done this have had their opposition friends or partners in check, it's just a blatant abuse of their membership IMO..

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

there are people who have reserved seats near me.
not that they generally use them
but

when they do husband is Bomber-- with saints membership so he can go to the football with family who are saints
I assume they have both memberships- or atleast he does

at the Bombers game he was all in the bombers gear- saint on the other side of me was about to get indignant when I said he's always here - just generally not showing the colours..

How many of us may have offered a seat toa supporter of an opposition team if it's there?

I not in his reply saints66au Archie does say they are trying to stop this practice.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Technically speaking Memberships are not transferable.......

Yes, it would be nice to see that Saints Central can learn to spell transferable for starters...

But this really means that other Saints supporters should not be able to attend matches using another supporters membership...

I really don't have an issue with this, but I can see where the Club is thinking...

Bloody buy a membership and if the games is packed or pre booked, purchase a reserved seat...

You are just ripping off the Club IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
jays
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:Technically speaking Memberships are not transferable.......

Yes, it would be nice to see that Saints Central can learn to spell transferable for starters...

But this really means that other Saints supporters should not be able to attend matches using another supporters membership...

I really don't have an issue with this, but I can see where the Club is thinking...

Bloody buy a membership and if the games is packed or pre booked, purchase a reserved seat...

You are just ripping off the Club IMO
i think so aswell rip off