Can we have a Sainsational creche?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

pluggernaut
Club Player

Can we have a Sainsational creche?

I live in W.A, and part of my quest for footy knowledge involves regualarly reading this great forum, reading the views and thoughts of other Saints supporters.
What really s***s me though is that so many times a thread starts out as a footy topic, and ends up in a juvenile personal sledge match, that is neither funny or informative.
So for all these babies, sooks, name callers, dummy spitters, time wasters, sledgers and basically rude posters - please go some else,and for those rsponding to the taunt - don't!
I'm no angel, and appreciate everyone's view, but i get sick of reading what starts out as a footy thread end up in a sledge match.......

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I almost make it a policy to NOT to read threads that go over 4 pages IF there are some names making repeat posts :)

although the trivia thread and a couple of others are ok

there are some topics that will get a glance then not return as well.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can we have a Sainsational creche?

pluggernaut wrote:I live in W.A, and part of my quest for footy knowledge involves regualarly reading this great forum, reading the views and thoughts of other Saints supporters.
What really s***s me though is that so many times a thread starts out as a footy topic, and ends up in a juvenile personal sledge match, that is neither funny or informative.
So for all these babies, sooks, name callers, dummy spitters, time wasters, sledgers and basically rude posters - please go some else,and for those rsponding to the taunt - don't!
I'm no angel, and appreciate everyone's view, but i get sick of reading what starts out as a footy thread end up in a sledge match.......
I agree entirely!

Some people just cannot stick to the topic and feel compelled to hijack threads with their obsessive personalized drivel that has nothing to do with the thread topic!

If you cannot contribute to the thread by staying on topic then do not post!
If all you are going to do is post insults about another poster, then do not post!
If you have an issue with their opinion, then express why you think this is flawed by staying on topic and giving reasons why, without resorting to personalized targetting of individual posters!

It's very simple really, but unfortunately some are so simple that they cannot adhere to this!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
pluggernaut wrote:I live in W.A, and part of my quest for footy knowledge involves regualarly reading this great forum, reading the views and thoughts of other Saints supporters.
I agree entirely!

Some people just cannot stick to the topic and feel compelled to hijack threads with their obsessive personalized drivel that has nothing to do with the thread topic!

If all you are going to do is post insults about another poster, then do not post!
If you have an issue with their opinion, then express why you think this is flawed by staying on topic and giving reasons why, without resorting to personalized targetting of individual posters!

It's very simple really, but unfortunately some are so simple that they cannot adhere to this!
I am having trouble deciding what to eat tonight. Any ideas?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
I agree entirely!

now children, this is what we call irony.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
JeffDunne

Given that this thread is neither a football thread or informative, is it ok if we sledge people here?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Given that this thread is neither a football thread or informative, is it ok if we sledge people here?
You are a d**khead.

JeffDunne

That's the spirit Mary.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:That's the spirit Mary.
Who is that in your avatar?

JeffDunne

Iceman234 wrote:
NFI

Does it matter? :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Its the girl he thinks about every night and also the reason he cleans his sheets daily.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Its the girl he thinks about every night and also the reason he cleans his sheets daily.
And a well deserved cleaning too. :wink:

Got a feeling this will be locked soon....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
And a well deserved cleaning too. :wink:

Got a feeling this will be locked soon....
I hope not we have obviously stayed on topic. It is clean sorry clear to see.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: I agree entirely!

:roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
ace
Saintsational Legend

The problem with a Saintsational creche is there would be hardly anyone left to go watch the match. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
JeffDunne

Ben Cousins personal cheer squad :

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Ben Cousins personal cheer squad :

I love Ben and I think we should sign him yesterday.

:lol:

JeffDunne

Actually, and yes I'm taking the thread off topic, what will be accepted as far as opposition supporters slagging Ben?

Hardly seems PC to be sledging an addict for being . . . umm . . . an addict.

Reckon there might be a few of our own sledging him too.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Actually, and yes I'm taking the thread off topic, what will be accepted as far as opposition supporters slagging Ben?

Hardly seems PC to be sledging an addict for being . . . umm . . . an addict.

Reckon there might be a few of our own sledging him too.
Guilty.

Only thing that's changed from my original POV is I made an outlandish statement that he may be the first Saint I boo. I wouldn't.

But doesn't mean I like him.

I don't need to go into my reasons, but will be interesting if we do get him, from my own POV.

As a Saint, yes, I will support him.

As a person, whether with us or not, I would hope he learns some humility and just gets his life back on track and doesn't turn up dead in some hotel room at 33.

Maybe I see it also as a real waste of talent, where many I've seen like this never had a damned thing going for them.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Ok here's the challenge Fid!

I will not abuse any INDIVIDUAL poster, I will post on topic!

I will ignore your posts and not respond to you, can you do the same?

In the Seaford thread which contains many varied contributions from many posters, with some interesting information and some people have gone to a lot of trouble to write their information.

take caseyscorp for example, some very interesting reading there

EXAMPLE!
On page 6 of the thread it was completely hijacked by your obsession with me and you turned the thread into personalized nonsense that had nothing to do with the thread topic and was all about your obsession with me, and consequently your posts could have led to the whole discussion being locked!

All I ask is that you just stick to the topic and stop personalizing your posts about me as an individual!

I'm only one person of many posting here, so don't agree with my opinion if you don't like it, but please stick to the topic of the discussion and offer your on topic opinion on the matter.

If you have some issue with me, meet me in person at the football and deal with it there IN PERSON and providing I am not insulting other posters on here, I politely ask you to do the same!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Ok here's the challenge Fid!

In the Seaford thread which contains many varied contributions from many posters, with some interesting information and some people have gone to a lot of trouble to write their information.

EXAMPLE!
On page 6 of the thread it was completely hijacked by your obsession with me and you turned the thread into personalized nonsense that had nothing to do with the thread topic and was all about your obsession with me, and consequently your posts could have led to the whole discussion being locked!

All I ask is that you just stick to the topic and stop personalizing your posts about me as an individual!

I'm only one person of many posting here, so don't agree with my opinion if you don't like it, but please stick to the topic of the discussion and offer your on topic opinion on the matter.

If you have some issue with me, meet me in person at the football and deal with it there IN PERSON and providing I am not insulting other posters on here, I politely ask you to do the same!
Where has B4E gone. Please do not post under his name. It isnt the done thing.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

EXAMPLE!

Just for your information...

I have PM caseyscorp a couple of times and provided him links to stats on population growth...

I am not obsessed with you FFS, yes, I do dislike you from previous times that you personalised (get the s in personalised) me in the past...

I think from memory you indicated that I was a fraud...

That is just one of many......

and NO, I have no indication of ever meeting with you again...

I will read and post about any comment you post, but I will STAY on topic..

I am just sick to death of your cut and paste "agendas" and your constant rambling on a topic even though IMO most on here disagree...

The constant Rix comments for example is just one

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

EXAMPLE!

Just for your information...

I have PM caseyscorp a couple of times and provided him links to stats on population growth...

I am not obsessed with you FFS, yes, I do dislike you from previous times that you personalised (get the s in personalised) me in the past...

I think from memory you indicated that I was a fraud...

That is just one of many......

and NO, I have no indication of ever meeting with you again...

I will read and post about any comment you post, but I will STAY on topic..

I am just sick to death of your cut and paste "agendas" and your constant rambling on a topic even though IMO most on here disagree...

The constant Rix comments for example is just one
Let it go mate, you have opinions, I have opinions, just stay on topic and stop personalising things.

Who cares if in your opinion most disagree with my opinion, what's the deal with that, there was a time when most people thought the earth was flat

Don't like me fine, I don't post on here to win personality contests, this is a forum, for people's opinions.

Disagree, fine, but please leave the other stuff out!

Get over the past, deal with the NOW and move forward.

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Sorry but the creche has been hijacked.

Locked.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.