Level 2 have to be Social members?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

One just hopes the Club read this thread and other threads on this issue or at least the press does and makes an issue of it in the newspapers.

FARKEN PISS POOR...

As I have just stated...

I may not continue with my 3 reserved seats on level 3 as a form of protest for the members it's effecting...

THE CLUB HAS JUST UNTIL FRIDAY THE 28TH OF NOVEMBER TO EXPLAIN THEMSELVES ON THIS ISSUE...

Either by an email to ALL supporters/members or on this Forum...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:Might yet affect you Fid..we may yet have the privilidge of JB's rapier wit on the MW in 09 :-)
Rapier??? Machete is more like it ... :wink: :shock: :D

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote: This doesn't even effect me, like it does yourself.

I am just filthy about the way you and others have been treated and I will do what ever, to get them change their mind on this issue
You sir are a team player. 8-)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: This doesn't even effect me, like it does yourself.

I am just filthy about the way you and others have been treated and I will do what ever, to get them change their mind on this issue
You sir are a team player. 8-)
Yeah mate...

I am passionate in what I believe in AND THIS IS WRONG IMO...

To treat LOYAL members who have paid for reserved seating for years and treat them like this is just not on IMO.

Some have not even received any notification on the issue...

The so called CLUB (which by defination means)

an association of people with common interests

Has not been met IMO...

No notification to some members, that are members of a CLUB...of changes to their reserved seating....

WTF...

Either the so called CLUB contact this site or contact ALL members on this issue by Friday the 28 of November or face a loss in memberships...or reserved seating

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I gather by no more posts in this thread that other members are not disgusted by the way other members have been treated...

Please, if you don't agree with what the Club is doing, and that is shafting loyal members that have paid a decent price for a reserved seat, but now have been told (even though some have not even been told) to basically we don't wont you here unless you are a social club member, either join up as one or find other alternatives ...

These are members that have sat next to each other for years and the club has disbanded them...

Please voice your support for these abandoned members...

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Well. it doesn't affect me directly, but on the face of it long-time level 2 reserved seat holders are getting shafted. Whenever a change like this is implemented it is usual for a sunset clause to be installed, namely existing situations remain as they were, and only new reserved seat holders are subject to the new arrangements. In this case, it seems that's not what has been done.

If that is so, then the club has done a great disservice to its members, and should reconsider post-haste. It's likely there willbe a considerable backlash if they don't rethink the policy.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ill be sticking with the interstate membership then.
gets me 5 games at the Dome...plus the two over here in adelaide this year.
7 games for $105
that'll do me.

cant wait for my tea towel :( :evil:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:Well. it doesn't affect me directly, but on the face of it long-time level 2 reserved seat holders are getting shafted. Whenever a change like this is implemented it is usual for a sunset clause to be installed, namely existing situations remain as they were, and only new reserved seat holders are subject to the new arrangements. In this case, it seems that's not what has been done.

If that is so, then the club has done a great disservice to its members, and should reconsider post-haste. It's likely there willbe a considerable backlash if they don't rethink the policy.
Well said DAC, and that sunset clause would be dead easy to implement given that there are brand new seats to sell on L2. Make THEM compulsory Social Club, make first-time L2 seatholders be social club..but for God's sake, in a year where you are banging on about rewarding loyalty DONT make loyal seat holders fork out an extra $125. Oh..and dont carry on about the guaranteed GF ticket like its a new thing. Its been a given for the past 3-4 years..plenty of time for anyone who wanted it to go out and buy a SC Membership

I've already re-signed for 2009 so wont be part of any Membership cancelling/downgrading protest, but more than happy to lend my support in any other way I can

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
St DAC wrote:Well. it doesn't affect me directly, but on the face of it long-time level 2 reserved seat holders are getting shafted. Whenever a change like this is implemented it is usual for a sunset clause to be installed, namely existing situations remain as they were, and only new reserved seat holders are subject to the new arrangements. In this case, it seems that's not what has been done.

Well said DAC, and that sunset clause would be dead easy to implement given that there are brand new seats to sell on L2. Make THEM compulsory Social Club, make first-time L2 seatholders be social club..but for God's sake, in a year where you are banging on about rewarding loyalty DONT make loyal seat holders fork out an extra $125. Oh..and dont carry on about the guaranteed GF ticket like its a new thing. Its been a given for the past 3-4 years..plenty of time for anyone who wanted it to go out and buy a SC Membership

I've already re-signed for 2009 so wont be part of any Membership cancelling/downgrading protest, but more than happy to lend my support in any other way I can
Good idea.....OR....how about this one.....say that from season 2010 onwards (ie a year's notice), that social club memberships will be compulsory for all Level 2 seat holders as well.....at least some notice!

IF the club has considered all these options, then they obviously are happy to piss off plenty of supporters for the benefit of corporates.

...but how many "corporates" will be lining up for 2009 vs those who were turned away in 2008? ie. demand for Level 2 corporate IMO will be WAY down in 2009 due to the recession.

Be careful Archie, very careful!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Agreed SP

Not quite sure either of the reasoning behind equating the 500-strong waiting list with the compulsory SC membership as they seem to have done in the brochure

How many new seats were freed up in the restructure of dining room seats? If its close to 500 then job done, waiting list gone. Gee even make them SC seats if they must... but the logic behind throwing the whole of L2 into chaos by making every seat SC defies belief

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
timclark27
Club Player

Excuse me if this has been covered but I skimmed the 5 pages and couldn't see it.

I thought the Social Club membership had been capped and there was a waiting list(I know this has just been mentioned), but it was capped at the number of Grand Final tickets that could be allocated, therefore ensuring every social club member got a Grand Final ticket. Therefore if they are forcing all the level 2 reserved seat holders to get social club membership, where are the extra Grand Final tickets coming from, or are they scrapping the Social club Grand Final ticket guarantee as well?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

timclark27 wrote:Excuse me if this has been covered but I skimmed the 5 pages and couldn't see it.

I thought the Social Club membership had been capped and there was a waiting list(I know this has just been mentioned), but it was capped at the number of Grand Final tickets that could be allocated, therefore ensuring every social club member got a Grand Final ticket. Therefore if they are forcing all the level 2 reserved seat holders to get social club membership, where are the extra Grand Final tickets coming from, or are they scrapping the Social club Grand Final ticket guarantee as well?
Nope..the waiting list was/is for Level 2 reserved seating. AFAIK the Social Club cap was 9,000 but we only have approx 6,500 members to it was never applied

In 2009 the Social Club cap will be 11,000 it seems. They really must be expecting every single person whos currently non-SC Level 2 to join up...plus they must have sought assurance from the AFL that we'll definately get 11,000 seats minimum should we make the GF

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius...

Please read my PM on this issue

Pilgram
Club Player

i'm not an SC member.
to me they seem like a bunch of old bitter and twisted individuals.
the policy stinks!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Pilgram wrote:i'm not an SC member.
to me they seem like a bunch of old bitter and twisted individuals.
the policy stinks!
Please don't digress...

This issue is NOT about anti Social Club members, it's about ALL members of the St Kilda Football Club.

This DOES effect CURRENT Social Club members as well as NON Social Club Members.

The CURRENT Social Club Members have been enjoying the company of NON Social Club members for years on Level 2....

They have been sitting next to each other for years and have became great friends...

Now these CURRENT Social Club members will not be able to sit next to NON Social Club Members on Level 2.

This IMO is creating a barrier between them...

Some CURRENT Social Club Members have indicated that they will no longer continue with their membership...

THE CLUB NEEDS TO ACT QUICKLY ON THIS!

Pilgram
Club Player

the club should drop it like laxman in the deep.
it stinks!
STINKS i tell ya'!

:x

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Again, this does not effect me one iota.......

But it does effect other members and for this reason I have telephoned the Club and voiced my concerns...

I urge other members to do the same

Pilgram
Club Player

i think i will call them and pretend that it affects me............

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Pilgram wrote:i think i will call them and pretend that it affects me............
You don't have to pretend, just voice your opinion on how it's effecting some of it's loyal members

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 6:01am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Pilgram
Club Player

just spoke to them and was told that the club felt it needed to do this.
was suggested to me that the option was there for patrons to move down to level one.
and was offered that the SC also comes with benefits.
i know, nothing new. just spin i guess.
and the need to make more money.
it doesnt sound like they will do an about-face on the matter just quietly.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:Spoke to Luke and Chandelle in Membership. Both were very understanding and helpful. They will be passing on all calls to Management. They are surprised at the amount of angst.

If you feel affected by the new rule, then the best thing you can do is call
1300 467 246 and let them know. But be nice cos these ppl are just doing their job.

Chandelle reads SS and is aware of the situation, but can only pass on complaints the membership dept actually recieves via phone, email or letters.
You're lucky... The person I spoke to did not even tell me their name, said it was an AFL decision and didnt care that I wasnt intending to renew my 4 memberships.

Once again, PISS FRIGGIN POOR!!!!

I'm fed up with St Kilda FC and definately will NOT be renewing my membership or attending any games for 2009. I'll be committing my support and $ to Melbourne Storm in 2009.

Pilgram
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:Spoke to Luke and Chandelle in Membership. Both were very understanding and helpful. They will be passing on all calls to Management. They are surprised at the amount of angst.

1300 467 246 and let them know. But be nice cos these ppl are just doing their job.

Chandelle reads SS and is aware of the situation, but can only pass on complaints the membership dept actually recieves via phone, email or letters.
You're lucky... The person I spoke to did not even tell me their name, said it was an AFL decision and didnt care that I wasnt intending to renew my 4 memberships.

I'm fed up with St Kilda FC and definately will NOT be renewing my membership or attending any games for 2009. I'll be committing my support and $ to Melbourne Storm in 2009.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
GO Storm!
I was told that we needed:
".. to compete with the Essendons and the Collingwoods"

ROFL

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Pilgram wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
GO Storm!
I was told that we needed:
".. to compete with the Essendons and the Collingwoods"

ROFL
Well to compete with the Essendons and Collingwoods we need..

1. 40,000 Members

2. Gazillions of blockbuster home games at the G

We have neither.

So they are going to try and copy those 2 clubs revenue base without either of the above..by forcing many Members to part with $125/season extra for very little in return...just to keep what they had in 08.

Amazing

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Pilgram
Club Player

$125.
thats what this is all about.
will we make the Grand Final?
i think that we are about a 50% chance in 2009.
we would need to knock-off a geelong in order to do so.