Cadel Evans has his say.......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Cadel Evans has his say.......

In todays Australian....

Evans delivers doping message for Cousins
Cadel Evans says Ben Cousins should have nothing to fear about the anti-doping conditions imposed on the disgraced former West Coast Eagles star.
"If Ben Cousins is complaining the AFL is being too strict, come and be a road cyclist," Evans said.
"People don't realise we are by far and away the most drug tested human beings on earth. I sometimes get tested 3 times a week. As for hair tests, I've had four this year alone."
Evans estimates he has been subjected to upwards of 50 tests this year, both in and out of competition. "As for tests over my career? I can't answer that. I simply don't know, too many to count," he said.

Evans was required to make himself available for testing on a daily basis once he won the yellow jersey at the end of stage 10 at this year's Tour de France.
A staunch anti-doping campaigner, Evans maintains that the more drug tests are done on athletes then the more cheats are going to be caught......................

article goes on about Ricky Nixon & AFL Players Association expressiing concerns about Cousins being subjected to harsher treatment than other players.

IMHO, the more Nixon & Gale bang on the more they will frighten off Clubs, because sponsors will begin to get nervous. Tell them to shut up Ben..... you should be grateful you are being given a second chance....with years of dodgy behaviour dragging along behind you plus drug addiction you have to EARN trust, not expect it to be given to you just because you 'could' play a good game of footy a year or so back.

bob__71
Club Player

Its certainly a good ploy if you want to only get to one club. complain lots, and shave the head and wax the body....thats brilliant if you want to put doubts in the minds of other clubs spoiling your plans.

I think everyone is playing their part quite well.

sainteronline

Re: Cadel Evans has his say.......

loris wrote:In todays Australian....

Cadel Evans says Ben Cousins should have nothing to fear about the anti-doping conditions imposed on the disgraced former West Coast Eagles star.
"If Ben Cousins is complaining the AFL is being too strict, come and be a road cyclist," Evans said.
"People don't realise we are by far and away the most drug tested human beings on earth. I sometimes get tested 3 times a week. As for hair tests, I've had four this year alone."
Evans estimates he has been subjected to upwards of 50 tests this year, both in and out of competition. "As for tests over my career? I can't answer that. I simply don't know, too many to count," he said.

Evans was required to make himself available for testing on a daily basis once he won the yellow jersey at the end of stage 10 at this year's Tour de France.
A staunch anti-doping campaigner, Evans maintains that the more drug tests are done on athletes then the more cheats are going to be caught......................

article goes on about Ricky Nixon & AFL Players Association expressiing concerns about Cousins being subjected to harsher treatment than other players.

IMHO, the more Nixon & Gale bang on the more they will frighten off Clubs, because sponsors will begin to get nervous. Tell them to shut up Ben..... you should be grateful you are being given a second chance....with years of dodgy behaviour dragging along behind you plus drug addiction you have to EARN trust, not expect it to be given to you just because you 'could' play a good game of footy a year or so back.
fair enough except for one thing

I would like to know how Mister Evans would feel, if he was the only one being subjected to these tests, while other people who have tested positive twice, do not have too undergo the same strenuous tests

ask him how he would feel then?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Re: Cadel Evans has his say.......

sainteronline wrote:
loris wrote:In todays Australian....

fair enough except for one thing

I would like to know how Mister Evans would feel, if he was the only one being subjected to these tests, while other people who have tested positive twice, do not have too undergo the same strenuous tests

ask him how he would feel then?
agreed

end of discussion really

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

The greater number of tests, urine and hair, that Cousins is subjected to the greater the incentive for Cousins to stay clean and be fully rehabilitated,
I think the Club should see it this way as well.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
sainteronline

Go Sainters Go wrote:The greater number of tests, urine and hair, that Cousins is subjected to the greater the incentive for Cousins to stay clean and be fully rehabilitated,
I think the Club should see it this way as well.
that is fine for the club

please tell me why cousins should be singled out

and blatantly discriminated against?

When other people have tested positive twice, yet don't have to undergo the same amount of testing

I say it again "blatant discrimination"

no matter which way you look at it :!:

markp
Saintsational Legend

I would think there are more onerous tasks expected of an AFL player than peeing in a cup (up to) 3 times a week.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Does it really matter - his rehabilitation is what it's all about, staying clean and playing good footy.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
Pilgram
Club Player

Go Sainters Go wrote:Does it really matter...
i think it does matter when we are comparing a guy that wears a helmet in a non-contact sport.
what matters to me the most is the potential for contamination.

sainteronline

Go Sainters Go wrote:Does it really matter - his rehabilitation is what it's all about, staying clean and playing good footy.
so you're saying because he is doing rehabilitation

he should be discriminated against

as opposed to people who have tested positive twice

and are also probably going under rehabilitation

yet do not get the same stringent testing regime

I don't understand your logic

the discrimination is blatant

sainteronline

Pilgram wrote:
i think it does matter when we are comparing a guy that wears a helmet in a non-contact sport.
wtf? :shock:

Pilgram
Club Player

sainteronline wrote:
Pilgram wrote:
contamination:
"g'day ben how are ya? everything going well?"

sainteronline

Pilgram wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
Pilgram wrote:
contamination:
"g'day ben how are ya? everything going well?"
no that is conversation

contamination is what they obviously done to your baby bottle, when you were a child, with very copious amounts of hard liquor from the sounds of things

Pilgram
Club Player

*ben, head over ball, shrugs tackle, cops finger in eye, blood streaming from his face, seeks treatment*

sainteronline

Pilgram wrote:*ben, head over ball, shrugs tackle, cops finger in eye, blood streaming from his face, seeks treatment*
yes I can see the doctors injecting him with ecstasy, maybe a few eight balls, who knows maybe even some marijuana

or are the drugs going to be on the person's finger?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

hrmmmmmm how many drug cheats has cycling had ??? how many has the AFL ?? no comparison Cadel

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Pilgram wrote:*ben, head over ball, shrugs tackle, cops finger in eye, blood streaming from his face, seeks treatment*
are you from this planet or what ?? what a strange individual you are

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Pilgram
Club Player

as a footballer cadel makes a great cyclist.
piss testing is a no brainer.
hair testing is something altogether different.
the hair testing is something that has come about with AD asking SADA why the phook the bill is so expensive for the piss testing and SADA coming back and saying that they have a new 'more prudent' mode of testing athletes these days [hair testing] great! saves money, saves time, less labwork, less on-site work, means the AFL dont have to spend as money -fantastic! except that i conveniently forgot to mention in practice, and with contact sports, results may vary due to the propensity for contamination of smaples by virtue of the being external material rather than an internal material.

"benny, how are ya? doing well?"
"just great moondog, never better"

sainteronline

Pilgram wrote:as a footballer cadel makes a great cyclist.
the hair testing is something that has come about with AD asking SADA why the phook the bill is so expensive for the piss testing and SADA coming back and saying that they have a new 'more prudent' mode of testing athletes these days [hair testing] great! saves money, saves time, less labwork, less on-site work, means the AFL dont have to spend as money -fantastic! except that i conveniently forgot to mention in practice, and with contact sports, results may vary due to the propensity for contamination of smaples by virtue of the being external material rather than an internal material.

I see so what you're saying is that drugs are now floating in the air?

Seek help

quickly

Pilgram
Club Player

sainteronline wrote:
Pilgram wrote:as a footballer cadel makes a great cyclist.

I see so what you're saying is that drugs are now floating in the air?

Seek help

quickly
i'm not a doctor.
drugs are everywhere.

sainteronline

Pilgram wrote:
i'm not a doctor.
drugs are everywhere.
and obviously you have tried a few too many :wink:

pretty darn good ones to by the looks of things :wink:

Pilgram
Club Player

sainteronline wrote:
Pilgram wrote:
i'm not a doctor.
drugs are everywhere.
and obviously you have tried a few too many :wink:

pretty darn good ones to by the looks of things :wink:
:lol: as a matter of fact i have tried some VERY good drugs in my time, however.
just on a serious note, the only benefit i can think of in favour of hair testing, is that it is a money saving practice over the piss test.
when you have to pay someone three times a week or four times per year the hair test works out more cost effectively overall.

sainteronline

Pilgram wrote: just on a serious note, the only benefit i can think of in favour of hair testing, is that it is a money saving practice over the piss test.
when you have to pay someone three times a week or four times per year the hair test works out more cost effectively overall.
I will say this only once

they are doing both

hair testing and urine testing

the reason being the hair can be tested for (approximately) three months previous

they are not actually saving any money by doing the hair tests, they are incurring more costs

on a serious note

you are obviously still on some pretty good shyte

please stay away from Benny

you might try to run through him

Pilgram
Club Player

sainteronline wrote:they are not actually saving any money by doing the hair tests, they are incurring more costs
why piss test when you can hair test?

why not test four times per year (with hair) rather than everyday (with piss)

the rule as stated by the AFL was worded suchly that they entitle themselves to the right to do
"up to three urine tests per week and hair test up to four times per year" or words to that effect.
they can technically cover 365 days of the year with just four (4) hair tests provided that there is hair to test.
alternatively they can piss test three times per week provided there is piss.
now, example a (a) for the cretins.
example a:
ben cousins has no hair.
the AFL need to test his piss three times per week due to the fact that there is no hair to test.
example (a) is more expensive for the AFL to employ than example b (b)
example b:
ben cousins has hair
The AFL do a hairtest
the AFL do not have to test for ninety days provided that ben cousins remains to have hair.
the AFL save money by not having to piss test for ninety days or at the will of the tester.

summary - it is cheaper to hairtest than pisstest thusly the AFL saves money.
conclusion - "someone" saves money.

sainteronline

Pilgram wrote:
sainteronline wrote:they are not actually saving any money by doing the hair tests, they are incurring more costs
why piss test when you can hair test?

why not test four times per year (with hair) rather than everyday (with piss)

the rule as stated by the AFL was worded suchly that they entitle themselves to the right to do
"up to three urine tests per week and hair test up to four times per year" or words to that effect.
they can technically cover 365 days of the year with just four (4) hair tests provided that there is hair to test.
alternatively they can piss test three times per week provided there is piss.
now, example a (a) for the cretins.
example a:
ben cousins has no hair.
the AFL need to test his piss three times per week due to the fact that there is no hair to test.
example (a) is more expensive for the AFL to employ than example b (b)
example b:
ben cousins has hair
The AFL do a hairtest
the AFL do not have to test for ninety days provided that ben cousins remains to have hair.
the AFL save money by not having to piss test for ninety days or at the will of the tester.

summary - it is cheaper to hairtest than pisstest thusly the AFL saves money.
conclusion - "someone" saves money.
wtf has that got to do with contamination?

secondly so what if the afl wish to save money prudent business practice

3rdly it's the amount of testing that he has to undergo compared to other people who have tested positive twice that is the issue