Brad Howard gone?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

the shadow
Club Player

Brad Howard gone?

I'm afraid I may have put a jinx on Brad Howard by standing up for him in another post on this forum. I banged on about him deserving more time to develop, to be given a go etc.

I've just heard from a reliable source that he has been delisted. The announcement will apparently be made tomorrow (Friday). If anyone out there knows different, please let us all know.

Run like Ditterich, arms flailing, cause fear in the enemy, make fellow saints walk tall!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

must be the weather.....

didn't he sign a two year contract?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
the shadow
Club Player

He most certainly did Solar. If it's true then they obviously thought they could manage the small hole he would leave in the salary cap. I can't imagine he would've been on anything other than the base rate. Still, he and Fiora combined will leave about a $250K to $300K hole in player payments. I hope Matthew Drain knows what he's doing. Apparently he's the one who put him on a 2 year deal earlier this year. MD the new GT?

Run like Ditterich, arms flailing, cause fear in the enemy, make fellow saints walk tall!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

strange strange days down in saint land then..... waste of money IMO and also goes against what lyon has said about giving young players 4 years to develop....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
chook23
Saintsational Legend

another JB ............

Must admit a number of darts have missed the board...........

for one mooted as a guru by the press

not official....but....

saint4life
iceman
Club Player

Pretty interesting stuff, i know many were surprised when he signed a 2 year deal, was there ever any actual confirmation that he had 2 years? or was it just speculation, i know the only thing keeping L. Fisher on the list is the fact he still has 2 years to run, but Howard would be worth not much comparatively.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

chook23 wrote:another JB ............

Must admit a number of darts have missed the board...........

for one mooted as a guru by the press

not official....but....
Guru? :shock:

Probably the most OVERrated recruiter in the league...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I would normally be cynically dismissive, but the way things have been going recently I wouldn't be surprised.

TBH I have never seen him getting a game in any sort of consistent manner, I really don't see what anybody saw in him.

We really are cutting the deadwood aren't we...

We had better draft bloody well this year!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I would normally be cynically dismissive, but the way things have been going recently I wouldn't be surprised.

TBH I have never seen him getting a game in any sort of consistent manner, I really don't see what anybody saw in him.

We really are cutting the deadwood aren't we...

We had better draft bloody well this year!!
What does this line mean?

Ever heard of a tautology?

At least he was pretty consistent in not getting a game

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

If this is true, then how bad is that?

Take a smokie / project player at pick 27 when there was still a lot of recognised talent around, re-sign him in the second year to a two year contract despite no evidence of him playing decent football, and then delist him.

I am usually very positive about the Saints but this is FUBAR

Fulham_Sainter
Club Player

Can we delist him then pick him up in the rookie draft?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

BS

They signed him up after the season had finished, if they signed him before the season maybe more credible, this reliable is full of it and guessing.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ive said it before and Ill say it again..posting rumours of specific players delistings, no matter how credible the source, isnt something Id do myself. If it turns out to be true, so what? Does the OP want an elephant stamp? And if it does turn out to be BS, all its done is start an unneccesary argument between those who do/dont think he should have been cut.

FWIW, I heard a rumour of Aaron Fiora's delisting prior to its announcement, but chose not to post it. I wish others would do the same to be honest.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Wont happen IMO,
wheres the source
who was the source at the club
and its not coming from a very Good member
keep things like this to yourself. dont go spreading it around a forum!!!

Tbh, i dont think stkilda will delist any one today, i dont think we need to.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I really don't see how we could be willing to pay out all these contracts------ golly we've just finished paying out a couple

no wonder clubs are heading down the one year contract option-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ctqs
Club Player

De-listed and then re-rookied supposedly. My problem isn't so much with his drafting, but with the person who decided to sign him up for another two years just weeks before letting him go.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
busso mick
Club Player

ctqs wrote:De-listed and then re-rookied supposedly. My problem isn't so much with his drafting, but with the person who decided to sign him up for another two years just weeks before letting him go.
Money down the Drain, so to speak. :?

mick13
Club Player

You guys are talking like this has been confirmed?

ctqs
Club Player

busso mick wrote:
ctqs wrote:De-listed and then re-rookied supposedly. My problem isn't so much with his drafting, but with the person who decided to sign him up for another two years just weeks before letting him go.
Money down the Drain, so to speak. :?
So the story goes. :?
Hope you're well, old mate. PM me.

ctqs
Club Player

the shadow wrote:He most certainly did Solar. If it's true then they obviously thought they could manage the small hole he would leave in the salary cap. I can't imagine he would've been on anything other than the base rate. Still, he and Fiora combined will leave about a $250K to $300K hole in player payments. I hope Matthew Drain knows what he's doing. Apparently he's the one who put him on a 2 year deal earlier this year. MD the new GT?
Not sure if it WILL make room in the salary cap because if they honour his payments, as expected, then I think that is still included. I stand to be corrected, though.

the shadow
Club Player

CTQS I meant that it will cost us whatever their contacts were worth. I should have said that would be $250K we have wasted in the salary cap. We have to count their payments even though they won't be on the list.

the shadow
Club Player

ralphysaints35, what do you mean "and its not coming from a very Good member?" What do you base that on? You might want to check your syntax before going to print. When trying to be smart it's a good idea to sound and look smart. Forums exist to exchange information and opinions. That's all I was doing.

I'm really disappointed at the thought of him being cut. Just a couple of days ago I posted that I thought Brad deserved another chance. If he is delisted while holding a two year deal he signed recently, then it seems to be a monumental stuff up. Worthy of disappointment comment by members.

I'm not looking for an elephant stamp saint66au, but you obviously are. Well done for not floating the Fiora rumour. You are vastly superior in the ethical stakes. I do wonder though, is it better to stick the knives into players and others under the cloak of anonymity, as so many do on this forum? If you read my post, you'll see I was trying to get some corroboration for the information.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

What are you guys on it's not happening. Or in the very least not confirmed and you are already saying Drain stuffed up putting him on 2 year contract, who ever started the rumor obviously thinks this should happen but I am 90% convinced it wont as it doesn't make any sense to sign someone for two years (after the season has finished) and a month later delist him.

My source says this is BS he's extremely reliable (it's common sense).

But yes if it did happen it is a stuff up, unless the resigning was a resigning as a rookie but I am sure they would have stated that already.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Posts made on this forum supposedly coming from a "reliable source" are bulltish to me because I've yet to find a post coming from an UNreliable source.
the shadow, name your source so that people can judge it's accuracy or otherwise.
I have faith in the expertise of our Football Department and suggest that they know a hell of a lot more about the playing list than any of us do and any decisions they make I fully support. So if there is a move with Brad Howard, there would be a sound reason for it.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
Quixote
SS Life Member

So any updates on all this?

Has BH been delisted then re-rookied?

Are we desperately trying to make room for Benny?

Have a lot of our movements this off season been geared around the proposed new number #9?

FWIW, I'm all for people posting their 'inside' rumours on here. A fair whack of the time they are on or close to the mark. I think this element plays an important role in keeping this website sustainable.

And as for people (been a few in the last few weeks) posting AFTER the event that they got the text/heard the rumour but didn't want to post, for fear of looking like a big-noter -- :lol: :lol: :roll:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo