Geelong 'Relaxed' about facing Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Megamaguire
Club Player

Geelong 'Relaxed' about facing Saints

Just heard Harley say the cat players were very relaxed for Sunday and ready to take the win. Also Luke Ball confirmed not to play this weekend.

Still yearning for that finals win over the cats. Remembering back to 1991 when they stopped our progress in a thriller @ Waverley. Great game (for the neutral fan) but always felt ripped off that Ablett didn't get a week or two for taking out Nathan Burke and David Grant. If they had avoided gazzas' elbows i think we would have held on for a win.
So there's a bit of payback waiting there.

Saint Kilda can do it on Sunday and with a good dose of focus and faith the players will do it.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
GrumpyOne

Relaxed = Complacent.

Make the win even more sweeter.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geelong 'Relaxed' about facing Saints

Megamaguire wrote:... but always felt ripped off that Ablett didn't get a week or two for taking out Nathan Burke and David Grant...
He did! And that fixed their little red wagon (lost to the Hawks by 2 points in 2nd semi)! Unfortunately, our race was also run and lost!

Revenge would be sweet!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Megamaguire wrote:Just heard Harley say the cat players were very relaxed for Sunday and ready to take the win. Also Luke Ball confirmed not to play this weekend.

Still yearning for that finals win over the cats. Remembering back to 1991 when they stopped our progress in a thriller @ Waverley. Great game (for the neutral fan) but always felt ripped off that Ablett didn't get a week or two for taking out Nathan Burke and David Grant. If they had avoided gazzas' elbows i think we would have held on for a win.

Saint Kilda can do it on Sunday and with a good dose of focus and faith the players will do it.

G O S A I N T S !

...in fact....in my opinion that prick ablett cost us a premiership that year.........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

They won't be so complacent when they face Adelaide or Collingwood next week.

Persuader
Club Player

And the stupid finals system (now dropped) that meant the third placed team (us) went straight out while the eighth placed team stayed in. A debacle.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

[quote Still yearning for that finals win over the cats. Remembering back to 1991 when they stopped our progress in a thriller @ Waverley. Great game (for the neutral fan) but always felt ripped off that Ablett didn't get a week or two for taking out Nathan Burke and David Grant. If they had avoided gazzas' elbows i think we would have held on for a win.

Saint Kilda can do it on Sunday and with a good dose of focus and faith the players will do it. [/quote]

Mungrels, never forgiven them for that. And lets not forget what shocking Hocking did to Banger :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Hate them with a passion.

Common Saints, you can do this!

Qld Saints Supporter Group
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:They won't be so complacent when they face Adelaide or Collingwood next week.
hehe I like your optimism :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
esaint66
SS Life Member

St. Luke wrote:
Otiman wrote:They won't be so complacent when they face Adelaide or Collingwood next week.
hehe I like your optimism :D

IMO he isn't being optimistic ... we will win on Sunday, Cocky teams lose and as Lethal famously said once ... " if it bleeds, we can kill it" :wink:

COME ON SAINTERS !!!

yipper
SS Life Member

Honestly - according to Geelong and the media, let's just not turn up!! Nobody - not us, Hawks, Doggies etc.. just give em the cup.. Really??

The finals are a whole new ball game - if the cats lose to us, they face a sudden death knockout final against - maybe the Pies, whom if memory serves me correctly, beat them by 86pts last time they met. Get as cocky as you like pussies - but as GT said: " Be afraid Geelong, be very afraid".

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saint-stu
Club Player

I reckon it's possible to beat them.. but twice in only a few weeks seems a bit unlikely.

Maybe we would have a better chance if we lost this one?

starsign
Club Player

they can be as relaxed as much as they flaming like for mine!
I just think of how relaxed I am after a nice spa ...LOL I sleep like a baby afterwards
They won't want to be half asleep and treat us casually! love to see it though!

we will throw everthing at them with nothing to lose I recon, and a big upset is quite on the cards.

(RL ought to show them those clips of Ablett taking out Burkey and Grant)

We always perform well when least expected over the years, and unfortunately the converse is prety common too....but it ain't one of those occasions Sunday it's the former and give them a big reality check like we gave the Hawks

GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTS!!

rexy
SS Life Member

saint-stu wrote:I reckon it's possible to beat them.. but twice in only a few weeks seems a bit unlikely.

Maybe we would have a better chance if we lost this one?
I would love to see how relaxed they are when we knock them off and the pies are there next opponent?

Maybe this year?
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Geelong "relaxed" about facing saints

:D I heard some goon on SEN yesterday making a contribution to the debate about who the better team was: Essendon 2000/Geelong 07/08 this guy said words to the effect of: "well this ones wrapped up, lets see how we go unbeaten next year"
Of ALL the things that the "pundits" have said about the Cats this year one stands out for me and that is: "the only thing that can beat the Cats is the Cats themselves" I think that arrogance is their biggest threat...that and a resurgent and hungry St Kilda playing the role they love best of all: "no hope underdogs hunting a fat cat" :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Persuader wrote:And the stupid finals system (now dropped) that meant the third placed team (us) went straight out while the eighth placed team stayed in. A debacle.
Not quite!

We finished 4th and played the 3rd team. The winner was granted a double chance and played the winner of 1st v 2nd.

The other elimination match was 5th v 6th with the winner playing the loser of 1st v 2nd.

Stupid, stupid system that lasted one season!

All the top six systems were awful...money hungry AFL trying to get more finals. They should have stayed at a final five.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Relaxed = Complacent.
That's it!

We will get them off guard 8-)

marksnsparks
Club Player

starsign wrote:
we will throw everthing at them with nothing to lose I recon, and a big upset is quite on the cards.
I hope we do throw the kitchen sink at them. After all, the prize is 2 weeks to recover before the prelim! PLenty of time to soothe away those aches and pains.

They should play like it's their last game ever!

GO SAINTERS!!!!