Whinging supporters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Whinging supporters

Apparently if you dont have a go at Umpires or the AFL you are negitive. Well I think the other way. lets stick it up everyone else and only worry about ourselves and stop blaming others.

Even before people post on here I can guess the names of people who will whinge about our club and how unlucky we are.

At least you are consistant losers.

Go saints lets tick it up the other sides by saying who cares what happens to us we will still be good enough to control our own destiny.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

This post has a slight whinging tone to it ;)

Griggsy
SS Life Member

some people have gone a lttle far with the excuses i admit.

to lay blame like this is to feign excellence of a team and stop a team on that endless goal of perfection.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Whinging supporters

plugger66 wrote:Apparently if you dont have a go at Umpires or the AFL you are negitive. Well I think the other way. lets stick it up everyone else and only worry about ourselves and stop blaming others.

Even before people post on here I can guess the names of people who will whinge about our club and how unlucky we are.

Go saints lets tick it up the other sides by saying who cares what happens to us we will still be good enough to control our own destiny.
Apparently if you have a go at Umpires or the AFL you are a loser.
Well I think the other way, lets stick it up the AFL apologists and only worry about the Saints in particular and Football in general and stop copping the 'blame shifting' from the apologists.

So Saints fans, let's stick it up the AFL and their Saintsational 'Trojan Horse' apologist. Let's show them no matter how much they want to keep us down, we will vocally support the Saints no matter what.

Let's pledge not to accept anymore without vocal complaint
rigged draws
inconsistant MRP rulings
inconsistant umpiring
illegal overturning of official match results
anything else the AFL can dream up to disadvantage us

Let's show Dimwit, Monkey-Boy and their hanchman that

'We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore!'

On a lighter note, what a complete 'flog' of a thread!
Thank you Plugger66 for giving me a smile this morning with this.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

welcome to the "love everything AFL blindly" forum

You spend the whole of the other thread ignoring the actual topic, any questions put forth and just call anyone with a view against AFL a loser.

I have tried my best to ignore you, but your a niggling weasel who seems to pop up on every thread.

I don't seem to be the only one who wants the apologists to answer a group of questions of things that have happened in the past 3-4 years. If you don't want to answer them for me, answer them for the others you piss off with your single "cut and paste" answers..... :roll:

Your a troll, nothing more and nothing less.

Make it easier to ignore you and stop being a constant flog

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
spert
Saintsational Legend

Yeah,,stop whinging -that was a good loss the other day.

HarveysDeciple

As a poster you often jump the gun and don't differentiate...

Even if people on the thread did not blame the loss on umpiring, they merely pointed out how s*** it was you would have a dig at them for whinging....can you name me one thing wrong with calling crap umpiring crap umpiring?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Apparently if you dont have a go at Umpires or the AFL you are negitive. Well I think the other way. lets stick it up everyone else and only worry about ourselves and stop blaming others.

"tick".....????......."lets TICK it up the other sides""""?????

.....wtf does that mean your afl apologist...????..guess it rymes with thick though....and that's appropriate.....
Last edited by stinger on Thu 31 Jul 2008 11:04am, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
JeffDunne

Is there anything more juvenile in football than people indulging in “I’m a better supporterâ€

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

Apparently if you have a go at Umpires or the AFL you are a loser.
Well I think the other way, lets stick it up the AFL apologists and only worry about the Saints in particular and Football in general and stop copping the 'blame shifting' from the apologists.

So Saints fans, let's stick it up the AFL and their Saintsational 'Trojan Horse' apologist. Let's show them no matter how much they want to keep us down, we will vocally support the Saints no matter what.

Let's pledge not to accept anymore without vocal complaint
rigged draws
inconsistant MRP rulings
inconsistant umpiring
illegal overturning of official match results
anything else the AFL can dream up to disadvantage us

Let's show Dimwit, Monkey-Boy and their hanchman that

'We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore!'

On a lighter note, what a complete 'flog' of a thread!
Thank you Plugger66 for giving me a smile this morning with this.

right on brother.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:As a poster you often jump the gun and don't differentiate...

Even if people on the thread did not blame the loss on umpiring, they merely pointed out how s*** it was you would have a dig at them for whinging....can you name me one thing wrong with calling crap umpiring crap umpiring?

i love you mate......a sane and reasonable supporter...and a mod to boot..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I'd rather hear whinging about the AFL's corruption than the 'sack the coach' dribble that was on this forum a couple months back...at least corruption sounds tangible. Ever heard of 'whispers in the sky'? Yes, AFL corruption via umpiring has been proven, so no point in arguing about it.

29-10...we were duped again, there is no argument, is there? Yes, we were crap, but with a couple of their goals coming from forward 50 frees, there's no doubt we would have won despite ourselves, had the umpiring been anything less than premeditated (or, to put it kindly, affected by crowd bias).

All I can say is, we better win by 100 goals Sunday, as we'll get a repeat dose over the next two weeks. Now quit arguing and start channelling the positive vibes for Sunday!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

in a 3 goal game, a 29 to 10 free kick advantage is decisive.

we didn't play our best but had the umpires a modicum of consistency we would have won.

this is the only game I've complained about the umpires deciding the outcome against us this season.

the other losses I've blamed the players and the coach.

4 points was the difference between 5th spot and 9th and the umpires was the significant difference between two sides who played ordinary football.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

As I say when we win the free kick count, a lopsided free kick count often indicates first and foremost that one team was a lot clumsier in their aggression.

I thought the umpiring was crap, but when Adelaide and Subi get loud, the home team always gets the rub of the green. I also thought we were clumsy in our aggression... e.g. in the case of the free kick against Goddard that led to the 50, it would have been easy to elt go as the WCE player went to ground, however a better tackler (Ball, Hayes) would have laid the tackle lower to the ground and not given up the free kick, and possibly received a holding the ball call as the WCE player voluntarily went to ground. In the case of iffy frees, there's usually something the infringing player should have done differently.

To suggest it's a conspiracy is so very internet, and very St Kilda. A victim mentality feeds on itself... but we should keep in mind that being a team forum, the view's always going to be one-eyed. Was 29-10 fair? I didn't think it was even close, but I'm hardly an objective observer.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
JeffDunne

I don’t think most people are arguing a conspiracy.

You won’t find an argument from me on the issue of umpire integrity, but even I don’t think there’s a conspiracy between the AFL and it’s umpires against St Kilda.

As for the wider AFL and why it lacks integrity, I would argue it’s more bias and self-fulfilling prophesies than it is a conspiracy.

I say that for one simple reason – if the AFL wanted to get rid of us they’d do it. And they wouldn’t be transparent about it.

We all know it because we’ve seen it before.

When it suits the AFL they will make subjective rulings. Those rulings are always made through the prism on what means more to their bottom line.

If being influenced by profit is a conspiracy then the AFL are self-confessed conspirators.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:To suggest it's a conspiracy is so very internet, and very St Kilda. A victim mentality feeds on itself... but we should keep in mind that being a team forum, the view's always going to be one-eyed. Was 29-10 fair? I didn't think it was even close, but I'm hardly an objective observer.
Conspiracy...hmmm, corruption, yes. The sad fact is that, it does actually exist. 'Whispers in the Sky' proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt to every supporter, both St Kilda and otherwise. Remember, it was exposed through non-St Kilda sources too. That game was a clear message sent via the AFL to GT, not to buck against their highly paid contracted staff...AFL is big business, and so, they'll use whatever tool is available at the time to rein in any rouge elements, and to influence the game. Until the AFL see's a benefit in St Kilda winning, we'll probably be up against it week in week out.

It's sad, but St Kilda plays within a microcosm of 'legacy' elements to the modern AFL management...tired old traditional Victorian clubs, legacies they'd rather see the back of. Let's face it, they'd rather Mrs Mac's pie shop forced to closed and replaced with a squeeky clean new McDonalds. Francises make a lot of money for the AFL, that's why they're now giving them away. In the eye's of Dimwit, clubs like St Kilda just don't pay the rent, but for the sake of the financial input from 30,000-odd members, he'll keep us going 'round.

With the league expanding so quickly, the AFL lacks the creativity to market it's existing clubs with any form of creativity, like soccer has recently with it's 'Football Star' reality TV program. At them moment, giving fancy new francises exciting new US style names, glossy images and on-field success (at the sake of everyone else) is as good as they can conjure. I dispair, but as soon as Dimwit has gone, things will change...if the AFL itself survives!

markp
Saintsational Legend

For me the absolute proof that the AFL is corrupt came the day Barry Hall got off for whacking Goose to play in the GF..... they are totally a law unto themselves, and everything else comes a distant second to their best interests.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:For me the absolute proof that the AFL is corrupt came the day Barry Hall got off for whacking Goose to play in the GF..... they are totally a law unto themselves, and everything else comes a distant second to their best interests.
Mate...the list goes on forever; preferential treatment of Sydney, lazy draws and blockbuster matches for Collingwood, lousy umpiring and ridiculous suspensions for St Kilda, benefits for non-Victorian clubs, free francises for the new ones...that's what make it all the more frustrating when we blow 'easy' games, and Grand Finals! We're not gonna get any favours, so gotta take every opportunity like it's the last, coz if the AFL had their way, I'm sure they'd love to see St Kilda's supporter base going to West Sydney.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Personally, I'm not one to blame umpires regardless of how bad they may be.

I don't know, but it just seems extremely petty to me.

Whenever I hear an opposition supporter blaming the umpires for a loss I always think they look pathetic.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:...Whenever I hear an opposition supporter blaming the umpires for a loss I always think they look pathetic.
Yeah, me too...but then, I know they've got nothing on a St Kilda supporter. 10-29...no-one can argue against it...outrageous. BTW, Clarkson was right to whinge on the weekend too, they were very stiff, Geelong being awarded the 'reigning premiers' benefit of the doubt far too many times.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:Personally, I'm not one to blame umpires regardless of how bad they may be.

I don't know, but it just seems extremely petty to me.

Whenever I hear an opposition supporter blaming the umpires for a loss I always think they look pathetic.
i can see where you are coming from......but we are not the only club that gets a raw deal.....the current umpiring standards are pathetic and can only lead to the sort of criticisms we are seeing on this forum nearly a week after the event.....the hawks were done over last week as well.....a fact commented on by their coach....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:welcome to the "love everything AFL blindly" forum

You spend the whole of the other thread ignoring the actual topic, any questions put forth and just call anyone with a view against AFL a loser.

I have tried my best to ignore you, but your a niggling weasel who seems to pop up on every thread.

I don't seem to be the only one who wants the apologists to answer a group of questions of things that have happened in the past 3-4 years. If you don't want to answer them for me, answer them for the others you piss off with your single "cut and paste" answers..... :roll:

You are a very sad person. Why dont get me banned if i am a troll. Run to the mods you loser.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
markp wrote:For me the absolute proof that the AFL is corrupt came the day Barry Hall got off for whacking Goose to play in the GF..... they are totally a law unto themselves, and everything else comes a distant second to their best interests.
Mate...the list goes on forever; preferential treatment of Sydney, lazy draws and blockbuster matches for Collingwood, lousy umpiring and ridiculous suspensions for St Kilda, benefits for non-Victorian clubs, free francises for the new ones...that's what make it all the more frustrating when we blow 'easy' games, and Grand Finals! We're not gonna get any favours, so gotta take every opportunity like it's the last, coz if the AFL had their way, I'm sure they'd love to see St Kilda's supporter base going to West Sydney.

you forgot to mention that the prick who does the draw is a carscum supporter.....when he thinks the saints can beat his side of scumbaggers...we only get one game against them a year.......this year when he thought his side had a chance we get two...with the scummers home game scheduled for the mcg because the blues have less of a chance against us at the dome........of course the afl manipulates and cheats..on the draw...and anything else they get their grimy hands on......whoever thinks they don't have their heads firmly jammed up the arses...ffs.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:welcome to the "love everything AFL blindly" forum

You are a very sad person. Why dont get me banned if i am a troll. Run to the mods you loser.

someone else got your number eh, plugga.......stands to reason that your a troll imhfo.... :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Thu 31 Jul 2008 4:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
degruch wrote:
You really think the world is against us. How the hell do you watch a game with all the negative things going on in that old brain of yours. Mustnt be a very enjoyable game knowing the AFL hate us the umpires hate us the commentators hate us.

you forgot to mention that the prick who does the draw is a carscum supporter.....when he thinks the saints can beat his side of scumbaggers...we only get one game against them a year.......this year when he thought his side had a chance we get two...with the scummers home game scheduled for the mcg because the blues have less of a chance against us at the dome........of course the afl manipulates and cheats..on the draw...and anything else they get their grimy hads on......whoever thinks they don't have their heads firmly jammed up the arses...ffs.....