I Found Out Why Dal Santo Got Dropped!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

I Found Out Why Dal Santo Got Dropped!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/beauty/the-b ... 96930.html

Seems he had a facial booked in @ 8pm on friday night and it conflicted with the match.

The facial won.

:wink:

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Did u see the after shots? seems that chick got a facial aswell :wink:

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

If she was leaning over me I wouldn't have my eyes closed.

suss
Club Player

There's 2 minutes to go in a prelim final...we're 1 point up...the ball has been kicked high in the air and about to land 20 metres out straight in front of the opposition goal...a player has to run back with the flight of the ball, into a pack, risking injury, to take courageous mark and win the game...who do you back to take it:

a) roo
b) the blake
c) bakes
d) mr facial boy there

I understand that penchant for modern blokes to take more care of themselves but that article is fn embarrassing...how he walks onto football field and expects to be respected amongst blokes like Jonathan Brown and Gary Ablett is beyond me.

markp
Saintsational Legend

"I guess you could consider me a metrosexual . . . I'm a bit more open to try things like this than other people. If that makes me metrosexual then so be it." Indeed, the term "metrosexual", like most labels, is restrictive. Wordspy.com defines metrosexual as "a dandyish narcissist in love not only with himself, but also with his urban lifestyle".
Oh dear.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

After he gets all that done i wonder if he asks her for a happy ending.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:There's 2 minutes to go in a prelim final...we're 1 point up...the ball has been kicked high in the air and about to land 20 metres out straight in front of the opposition goal...a player has to run back with the flight of the ball, into a pack, risking injury, to take courageous mark and win the game...who do you back to take it:

a) roo
b) the blake
c) bakes
d) mr facial boy there

I understand that penchant for modern blokes to take more care of themselves but that article is fn embarrassing...how he walks onto football field and expects to be respected amongst blokes like Jonathan Brown and Gary Ablett is beyond me.
I would back Roo but not once in 6 years of footy have I seen Dal Squib it. Matter of fact he can take a pretty good mark and isnt afraid to back into a pack. Also I would back that Ablett takes pretty good care of himself.

villasaint
Club Player

attacks on Dal are pathetic. If seems as if he is being put up as a scapegoat for a team which is playing crap. Get off his back fair dinkum. If your going to have a crack at our players there about 33 on our list ahead of him. I cant believe this sh*t. What we are lacking at the moment is midfield run. He is the first bloke that gets tagged every week. I see no sense in attacking him or dropping him for this matter.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Did u see the after shots? seems that chick got a facial aswell :wink:
What a f----n classic I'm in tears right now. :D :D :D :D

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yah the same dal santo that while 'some' st kilda players patrolled the outer, got in with the kids and rolled in the grass with the under 8s, the same dal Santo that long after all the other players had left he and x clarke were signing auto graphs, the same dal santo that is 4th in the team for tackles and hard ball gets, the same dal santo that is polite to to kids on family day and auskick.

NDS COULD have wondered around with the young girls or the photographers or what not but signed autographs for the little tackers.

NDS COULD have skirted the packs and yet he is 4th in the team for hard ball gets

NDS COULD have been a soft receiver and yet lays 3 effective tackles per game (the great CHris Judd is averageing 24 possessions and 3.4 tackles per game, NDS is averaging 22 possessions and 2.9 tackles per game)

yah, get stuck in to NDS why don't you, at least NDS has a dip, more than some of the player purporting to have been st kilda stars.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I would back Roo but not once in 6 years of footy have I seen Dal Squib it. Matter of fact he can take a pretty good mark and isnt afraid to back into a pack. Also I would back that Ablett takes pretty good care of himself.
I agree with this comment. Dal Santo is not a squib. Nor should he be looked upon as a scapegoat.

Dal Santo will bounce back bigger and better than ever. He is a potential champion of our football club.

Nicky Winmar was also droped for poor form during his time at the Saints.

Got 40 possessions (when stats like that meant something) in the reserves if I remember.

Dal will be fine. The two who should be s.hitting themselves are Milne and Schneider.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Batnoe

I wouldnt look into that picture too much, she is just a hot lady boy!!

I hope she didnt get a facial off Dal afterwards, that is probably why he is out of form

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

joffaboy wrote: Dal Santo will bounce back bigger and better than ever. He is a potential champion of our football club.

Nicky Winmar was also droped for poor form during his time at the Saints.

Got 40 possessions (when stats like that meant something) in the reserves if I remember.
Excellent memory Joffaboy. He did indeed get 40 possesions, and was praised highly by the press for his attitude, approach and results and was back in the ones the following week and full of confidence. I hope Dal takes this the same way and uses it to take his game up to its potential.

I love watching what he does with the footy as much as anyone, but when we don't have the pill he has a bad habit of jogging around by himself spectating.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:I wouldnt look into that picture too much, she is just a hot lady boy!!

I hope she didnt get a facial off Dal afterwards, that is probably why he is out of form
lol
either you or i have a very sick mind

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
bigred
Saintsational Legend

NDS COULD have skirted the packs and yet he is 4th in the team for hard ball gets
Yeah righto...

So does it go Lenny, Bally, Daylight.....daylight...........more sunshine.......daylight.....Dal?

Tradebait.

Suck it up.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Lennon
Club Player

suss wrote:
It's fine for Cam Mooney, it's fine for Dal.
Last edited by Lennon on Thu 19 Jun 2008 10:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

suss
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:I would back Roo but not once in 6 years of footy have I seen Dal Squib it. Matter of fact he can take a pretty good mark and isnt afraid to back into a pack. Also I would back that Ablett takes pretty good care of himself.
I was harsh earlier...I'm a huge wrap for Dal and by and large I think you have to take the good with the bad from him...he plays an attacking game and sometimes it goes pearshaped...BUT if I was his advisor I'd recommend he stay away from press shots like this. It's not that G Ablett does or doesn't get manicures, it's just that you don't see it in the paper.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Not knocking Dal in any way but I don't consider him a tough player. Did not retaliate in any way when he coped a smack in the chops in the Geelong game. I'm guessing he will probably play anyway.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
Yeah righto...

So does it go Lenny, Bally, Daylight.....daylight...........more sunshine.......daylight.....Dal?

Tradebait.

Suck it up.
he is trade bait. so are kosi and roo. having said that id want a lot for dal and roo. a hell of a lot. first rounders no doubt.

id take a set fo steak knives and some footy cards for kosi.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
bigred wrote:
Yeah righto...

Tradebait.

Suck it up.
he is trade bait. so are kosi and roo. having said that id want a lot for dal and roo. a hell of a lot. first rounders no doubt.

id take a set fo steak knives and some footy cards for kosi.
i think u take the cake for "Tosser Of The Day", and its been a long day...

also, nice avatar :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep trade him, roo, kosi for more players that Ross lyon seems to think belong at a st kilda.

maybe we can get another doc clarke? or even a michael gardiner of steven king, maybe we can get another charlie gardiner, or dumpster, or if we are really lucky we can score another clinton king and birss.

fill the list up with blokes who can't hit targets, ever, can't tackle, won't chase, are permanently injured, on the verge of retirement and think 10 possessions and 1 tackle per game are good as long as they never leave the d50.

Im sure we need more people to play Lyon's game plan and sack everyone wiht a bit of flair or heaven forbid, play football.

today we dropped our no.1 goal kicker for the season, and our no.3 midfielder.
:roll:

of course if we do manage to beat the rabble that freo are, folks will be marvelling at what a wise coach we have! pfft freo.

SHUT UP KRIME!
hotdish
Club Player

Seems we have the real reason he was dropped...

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 88,00.html

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

ROFL despite being one of the hardest ball getters and one of our best contested ball getters, he's being judged against HIS OWN form, not that off his colleagues.

sorry Dal, your better than 80% of your team mates, but your not as good as you played last year or the year before so your dropped.

SHUT UP KRIME!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:Seems we have the real reason he was dropped...

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 88,00.html
Excellent. Another brilliant footballer having his natural ability coached out of him.

Good times ahead.

At least we won't need to rely on getting high draft picks - their football ability will be completely wasted anyway.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

in all fairness the way dempster and schneider kick, it was a fair bet the pass was going to be 5 metres wide and short.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SHUT UP KRIME!