I'd like to the thank Ross Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to the thank Ross Lyon

and the StKilda football club for helping me finally overcome my addiction to AFL. Now we play the least inspiring brand of football and the spirit in the team seems well and truly at its lowest ebb, now we have completely ruled out any chance of being a competitive football team....I can move on knowing I will not be missing out on a thing....other than chronic disappointment.

I'm looking forward to getting my weekends back, spend time with the kids, read the paper without feeling sick thinking about what may have been.

No, thanks to Ross, a way has been found to bore me to the point that I simply don't care anymore.

Cheers and farewell. :(

Nee!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Great comment, my feeling exactly. NowStKilda wont intefere with the Storm, they score more points

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Am starting to feel the same way. I was playing in a footy carnival all day and never even bothered to check the saints scores in between games. A couple of years ago I probably would've faked an injury and stayed at home listening to the game.

kaos theory
Club Player

sad, but a lot of truth in what you guys say....he has got a lot of work to do before the end of the year....or he will be under serious pressure to keep his job.

The saints should always excite people in some way...not much to get exicited about atm...

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:sad, but a lot of truth in what you guys say....he has got a lot of work to do before the end of the year....or he will be under serious pressure to keep his job.

The saints should always excite people in some way...not much to get exicited about atm...

That the point, they dont even excite when they win!!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

LOL at msg.

I actually went and did a real family thing today with no access to radio or TV.

Not long ago I would have faked an injury too. :lol:

Couldn't help myself and messaged a fellow SS'er - he told me the score at the time 95 to 32 and that he felt deceived of his membership money by STKFC.

Oh gee bring on the Dees, I can wait, I mean hardly wait.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The way Melbourne played today against the Kennetts (hawks) ,we are a big
chance to get done by the Demons next Sunday and then the whole thing will really implode......

I'll be there.....

I'm a glutton for incompetence....

:roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:LOL at msg.

I actually went and did a real family thing today with no access to radio or TV.

Not long ago I would have faked an injury too. :lol:

Couldn't help myself and messaged a fellow SS'er - he told me the score at the time 95 to 32 and that he felt deceived of his membership money by STKFC.

Oh gee bring on the Dees, I can wait, I mean hardly wait.
Well thats the first time I have beniffited from being broke, I could not afford the membership at the time, but the bad thing is I feel like I still have to do it

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

I would like to thank Lyoness for making it very easy to back a winner at the TAB when it comes to our games. Will be fantastic next week when everyone puts us up as short priced faves and the Dees get over us and i make a packet. ;)

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Is he some sort of plant???

Behind Play
Club Player

First time I ever turned the radio off..............have totally had enough.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'd like to the thank Ross Lyon

fugazi wrote:and the StKilda football club for helping me finally overcome my addiction to AFL. Now we play the least inspiring brand of football and the spirit in the team seems well and truly at its lowest ebb, now we have completely ruled out any chance of being a competitive football team....I can move on knowing I will not be missing out on a thing....other than chronic disappointment.

I'm looking forward to getting my weekends back, spend time with the kids, read the paper without feeling sick thinking about what may have been.

No, thanks to Ross, a way has been found to bore me to the point that I simply don't care anymore.

Stupidly when I moved up here it was always in the back of my mind that I was leaving what looked to be our best era of all time possibly. It's always stressful to think how am I going to manage Grand Final tickets from up here. Won't have to worry about that for a while...

saintguy

For some reason I keep giving them another chance but my level of interest diminishes week by week.

ace
Saintsational Legend

How do you spell his name?

Is it Loss Ryon.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
mick13
Club Player

Never turned the radio off much in previous years.

So far it's happened three times this year, Port, Lions and Dogs.

Flicked it off and couldn't care less...

St.Kenny
Club Player

Here here. This is how I remembered it. I can now walk the dog and wash the car. I'd rather peel an apple and watch it turn brown than watch that croc of s*%t I saw on the telly today.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
congorozides
Club Player

Re: I'd like to the thank Ross Lyon

fugazi wrote:and the StKilda football club for helping me finally overcome my addiction to AFL. Now we play the least inspiring brand of football and the spirit in the team seems well and truly at its lowest ebb, now we have completely ruled out any chance of being a competitive football team....I can move on knowing I will not be missing out on a thing....other than chronic disappointment.

great post. thank christ ive got some socceroos games coming up in the next month. oh and test cricket.

Statsman
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:Is he some sort of plant???
I think Robert Walls hates the Saints so much he recommended that we hire Ross Lyon just to make our life as Saints supports that much more unbearable.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
docsaint
Club Player

carn Edithvale Aspendale Eagles
Carn Mordi Bloods
Carn St Bedes Mentone Tigers

And Harvey Docsaint and myself, and the two other little Docsaints, can have a kick and a bit of fun. I'll remain a member, always will, but I think I would rather spend my weekends actually watching the above teams. I don't know if it's just the crap standard of AFL I've been forced to watch the last 2 years, but I have been super impressed with the standard of local footy.

Try it, keep your love Aussie rules. I'll return when they(the Saints) provide a product worth watching. (like the Bulldogs Norf game today)

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Was furious at half time and then this weird, bizarre calm washed over me.

It was all so clear; so obvious. I would never say I stopped caring, I would never say it didn't hurt, but sheesh, when you see the players not really doing what they are paid the big bucks to do, it does kind of dampen ones enthusiasm.

When you see players squibbing contests or missing from 30m out, something is wrong.

Lyon, as it stands, is a crap coach. The players, as it stands, don't seem to care about their performance.

What angers me is that my membership money goes into employing these guys and what do I get for it?

Passionless and pathetic attemps to play football.

And then the club tries to blackmail fans with their idiotic marketing slogans, instead of giving us what really sells:

A club with a heart, a club without spin-doctors, a club who f****** cares for its fans and who will give everything to win.

They give me none of that right now. I almost feel like they are masquerading as the team I support.

I'm sure the boys have already jetted back into Melbourne and have already got cabs straight to Star Bar. Have a drink, pull some birds - meh, I've got a three year deal and earn $350,000 per week.

Passion? Loyalty? What?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Statsman
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:It was all so clear; so obvious. I would never say I stopped caring, I would never say it didn't hurt, but sheesh, when you see the players not really doing what they are paid the big bucks to do, it does kind of dampen ones enthusiasm.
I know exactly what you're saying because I had that very same feeling. I still cared, but I had no belief. Without belief, I had no expectation of winning. Without an expectation of winning I didn't get as angry at the loss. It's just a dull feeling of frustration.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
maverick
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Was furious at half time and then this weird, bizarre calm washed over me.

It was all so clear; so obvious. I would never say I stopped caring, I would never say it didn't hurt, but sheesh, when you see the players not really doing what they are paid the big bucks to do, it does kind of dampen ones enthusiasm.

When you see players squibbing contests or missing from 30m out, something is wrong.

Lyon, as it stands, is a crap coach. The players, as it stands, don't seem to care about their performance.

What angers me is that my membership money goes into employing these guys and what do I get for it?

Passionless and pathetic attemps to play football.

And then the club tries to blackmail fans with their idiotic marketing slogans, instead of giving us what really sells:

A club with a heart, a club without spin-doctors, a club who f****** cares for its fans and who will give everything to win.

They give me none of that right now. I almost feel like they are masquerading as St Kilda.
Look I agree, but the problem is Harvs.
It hurts me more than any loss I have ever seen, to see the greatest Saint I have seen, still playing the great footy he can, only to be let down by the previous administration and the current group of his so called mates.

I will pay my money, will whinge and moan, but I won't stand by and take this garbage whilst Harvs is still busting a gut to win a flag.

That is why i am so anti Lyon

saintpaul74
Club Player

I must say I agree 100% with the OP.

A few years ago I would not miss a game played at melbourne and would watch every other saints game on fox.

Now the only games I go to these days are the ones that I work at (can't turn back getting paid to be at the football), I no longer bother paying the $ to subscribe to fox sports and as for todays game, well I working night shift this week, I didnt even bother setting my alarm for the game, I just slept right through it, and it sounds like I didnt miss a thing.

Ive lost so much interest in football these days, with the way the Saints are playing and the whole AFL with dimwit and co running the show, I simply have better things to do

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Wow I thought I was the only one feeling that way.
Its almost like the past 5 years has sucked the life out of us.
Getting so close yet so far.

Now we are sliding back down the ladder and its like, I just can't be bothered going thru all the heartache again.

I am honestly over it at the moment. Sick of having to stick up for them every monday morning when my work mates give me grief.

"another fun monday ahead"

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
congorozides
Club Player

Statsman wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Is he some sort of plant???
I think Robert Walls hates the Saints so much he recommended that we hire Ross Lyon just to make our life as Saints supports that much more unbearable.
dont start me on wallsy! what a drip!. his 2 resommendations have been ross lyon and dean bailey.

a good judge he aint!
stuck in the 70's and loves boring clones of himself. YAWN