Rumour..Archie Fraser to go to new Gold coast Team!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

I wonder what the relationship between Archie & Ross is like these days?

Ross hardly went into bat for Archie in the whole tunneling discussion and in fact pretty much distanced himself from the comments on more than one occassion. Ross seems a little prickly on the whole "St Kilda are like Sydney" discussion too. Seemed a little too prepared for the press with those stats . . . or were they prepared for a different audience?

I wonder too what some of our board members thought of the Archie making his comments without the blessing of the football dept?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Archie's looking elsewhere.

No1_Saint
Club Player

It would be a fresh start after the Butters regime. But who is out there if he does leave? It would be a huge job for anyone to take on as there are huge gaps in the budget.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Eastern wrote:3AW ran with it earlier tonight !!
and? what was said?
Drain said that he had heard a rumour that the Gold Coast Consortium had approached Archie !!

Behind Play
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
saintly wrote:
Eastern wrote:3AW ran with it earlier tonight !!
and? what was said?
Drain said that he had heard a rumour that the Gold Coast Consortium had approached Archie !!
Probably read it on here.

JeffDunne

Eastern wrote:Drain said that he had heard a rumour that the Gold Coast Consortium had approached Archie !!
Did he really?

In what context and what else did he say?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

See off Archie and get Brian Waldron back.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

WHY did BW leave anyway? I really like him, shame he went to that crapfest of a code.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:WHY did BW leave anyway? I really like him, shame he went to that crapfest of a code.
Rumour has it that it was due to a certain incident between Brian and a female member of staff.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:See off Archie and get Brian Waldron back.
Or Jim Watts. Either will do.

And the crap that gets posted about BW and a certain 'incident'? Pfft, fair dinkum - build an 'effing bridge!

Fraser? Deary me. I know one poster is a huge fan of his due to personal involvement but I'm still unconvinced.

So...yep, Waldron could be our man. And I reckon he might be ready to come back to footy, too.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:

And the crap that gets posted about BW and a certain 'incident'? Pfft, fair dinkum - build an 'effing bridge!

Fraser? Deary me. I know one poster is a huge fan of his due to personal involvement but I'm still unconvinced.

So...yep, Waldron could be our man. And I reckon he might be ready to come back to footy, too.
I think like GT, BW and JW will not be back.

RBnW
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:

we have been through this before you dont want to accept it but BW left as stated on here lots of times...and it is said took her with him to the next place :oops:
Fraser must have done something bad to you, you go after him every time you get the chance on here, what has he done to you, does he follow Liverpool now that would p**s you off :?:
He started slowly and even at times under Butteress there were questions about him :roll: but the past six months have been good..... :?: frankston, our trades, resignings, Drain and we are not in the paper every day with sH*t......if you dont like him then tell us all why so we can understand if its a personal thing..... :?:
But leave BW out and away from the club, if he was coming back into footy why didnt he get one of the North, Melb, Carlton, Collingwood or freeo jobs :?: :?: :oops:

Our best is yet
to come......
No1_Saint
Club Player

BW gets my vote...seemed random when he left. I thought it was because of Butterss...

...of course I didn't like Butterss so I think I am more willing to blame him for everything...including the current price of petrol. No real logic to my rant here.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Brian Waldron has proven himself to be an excellent administrator but the club must move forward, not back.

And, who says that we have lost Archie to the Gold Coast. It's pure speculation at this stage.

And, I'd be very surprised if Greg Westaway hasn't already spoken to Archie about this, either way !!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:we have been through this before you dont want to accept it but BW left as stated on here lots of times...and it is said took her with him to the next place :oops:
What a stupid thing to say.
Fraser must have done something bad to you, you go after him every time you get the chance on here, what has he done to you, does he follow Liverpool now that would p**s you off :?:
That is one incoherent ramble.
But leave BW out and away from the club, if he was coming back into footy why didnt he get one of the North, Melb, Carlton, Collingwood or freeo jobs :?: :?: :oops:
I'm not huge on Archie - I'm disappointed with certain things that I'm not going to re-hash, but sheesh, I certainly don't have it in for him the way you've got it in for Brian.

I want what's best for the footy club; at the end of the day, if Archie Fraser is the best man for the job, then great, I'm sure he'll prove it.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

congorozides
Club Player

they have probably met with every ceo in the comp.
the only think i like about archie is his name.

The Peanut
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:I wonder what the relationship between Archie & Ross is like these days?

Ross hardly went into bat for Archie in the whole tunneling discussion and in fact pretty much distanced himself from the comments on more than one occassion. Ross seems a little prickly on the whole "St Kilda are like Sydney" discussion too. Seemed a little too prepared for the press with those stats . . . or were they prepared for a different audience?

I wonder too what some of our board members thought of the Archie making his comments without the blessing of the football dept?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Archie's looking elsewhere.
The "tunneling" situation was a little sticky but it wasn't surprising that Rossy went the way he did - was in between a rock and a hard place with Roosy carrying on like a pork chop - However, it would surprise me if Archie is looking elsewhere, but I have been surprised before - once or twice
:wink:

I would have thought that Archie would be happy to see his relocation plans through and according to the press he has recently invested some money in a small golf course down the coast a bit.

Edit:
Well I couldn't remember the golf course article that gave me that impression but found it in my online travels:

Exclusive members of the Golf Club St Andrews Beach on the Mornington Peninsula have been told they could be kicked off their coveted course by July as the club's owners have been forced into administration.

A letter obtained by BusinessDay to club shareholders and members has revealed the Golf Club St Andrews is in liquidation and will not be able to stay open unless its administrators can find about $60,000.

Members including St Kilda Football Club chief executive Archie Fraser, who have already paid up to $50,000 in fees for the privilege of exclusivity, have been encouraged to bring in paying guests and "to initially contribute at least $500" so that the course can remain open.

The club's administrator, Stirling Horne, of Draper Dillon, wrote that "provided sufficient contributions are received it is envisaged the course will remain open at least until June 30". The $500 should entitle members to 10 free rounds for their guests, but that offer could not be guaranteed, Mr Horne said.

The club, hailed as one of Australia's top 10 golf courses when it opened in 2005, was last year forced to allow public players onto its hallowed greens because of the financial woes of its holding company, Golf Club Properties.

http://smallbusiness.smh.com.au/growing ... 89614.html

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Hate to say it....but you heard it here first... :wink:

redemption

tweedaletomanning wrote:Hate to say it....but you heard it here first... :wink:
Hate to say it... but you're wrong :D

Way to make a fool of yourself.
Dear Loyal Member,

After four years as your CEO, today I've made the decision to leave our great Club for a new opportunity to lead the Hyundai A-League competition.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

redemption wrote:

Dear Loyal Member,

After four years as your CEO, today I've made the decision to leave our great Club for a new opportunity to lead the Hyundai A-League competition.
Point was that he was leaving, you idiot :roll: :roll:

redemption

tweedaletomanning wrote:
redemption wrote:

Dear Loyal Member,

No. Your point was that your "reliable source" said he was off to the Gold Coast, which is wrong. Nice try though ;)

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

redemption wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
redemption wrote:

Dear Loyal Member,

No. Your point was that your "reliable source" said he was off to the Gold Coast, which is wrong. Nice try though ;)
No..Reliable source says he met with consortium...which is TRUE, However, POINT IS he has been looking to leave the club since may 2008.

Now do you UNDERSTAND?? :idea: :idea:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

only time will tell where the roundball loser ends up.....fancy walking out on the club on the eve of a new season.......what a tosser....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

stinger wrote:only time will tell where the roundball loser ends up.....fancy walking out on the club on the eve of a new season.......what a tosser....
Exactly...why leave now?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

don't worry about that clown.....he is either a troll...or archie himself....... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne

stinger wrote:don't worry about that clown.....he is either a troll...or archie himself....... :roll: :roll:
I think that redemption is beyond your grasp, Sting. :wink: