Umpires

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintgaz
Club Player

Umpires

Am I just being biased or are the free kicks against us extremely 50/50 decisions that are going against us?

One day it's all got to be worth it.
Right????
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

WTF was that blocking decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

ausfatcat wrote:WTF was that blocking decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't you see Birss block the guys hands by using his neck/head? :evil: :evil:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ball has had his head ripped off and got squat!!!!!!!!!111

F@rkin disgrace these little turds are ruining football- absolutely disgusting to watch.

“Yeah….nah””
Sam23
SS Life Member

We got hurt tonight.

Goddard.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Fair Dinkum you have got to be joking. Please wake up.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Umpiring was shocking but it went both ways. No clear impact in the end.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Umpiring was shocking but it went both ways. No clear impact in the end.
Why. It was good.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Why. It was good.
Because there were stupid little frees plucked out of nowhere every now and then for the sake of it. No consistency.

maysiemoo

I'm watching a delayed telecast,

I just saw the ball go into our 50 and as it was going in, a st kilda player behind the pack got pushed over by a richmond player (sorry i forget names).. and the umpire let it go?... I thought that was a push in the back?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
Because there were stupid little frees plucked out of nowhere every now and then for the sake of it. No consistency.
Typical fools. Very good decisions but luckily a Saints player never made a mistake.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Typical fools. Very good decisions but luckily a Saints player never made a mistake.
There was so much inconsistency it wasnt funny - spare us the "your all sainst whingers" line it rubbish.

Ball had his head ripped off? Hayes smashed into AFTER he takes the mark by a man NOT in the contest - not paid.

I could not give a toss about the free kicks but it certainly does appear guys like Gehrig need to have their clothes ripped off to get one....and Ball has no head...

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
There was so much inconsistency it wasnt funny - spare us the "your all sainst whingers" line it rubbish.

Ball had his head ripped off? Hayes smashed into AFTER he takes the mark by a man NOT in the contest - not paid.

I could not give a toss about the free kicks but it certainly does appear guys like Gehrig need to have their clothes ripped off to get one....and Ball has no head...
Thanks for the one eye. I will hand you the other next week.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

The one rule we never get paid consistently to us is the advantage rule.

At least twice tonight we were given a free and were away and running (continuous - as it should be) but the umpire decided to call it back. One even went through for a goal.

Richmond seemed to always get the advantage call.

Maybe this is something the club should clarify with the Geish!

gooner
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:

I have little time for whinging sainters and am a firm believer that decisions even themselves up over a season but......

This is becoming a bit silly.
It is getting to the point where it seems as if the AFL are actually cheating us. That blocking decision was insane and there has to be the most obvious free (i.e a knee injury to Reiwold or Luke Ball's head ripped from his neck)for an umpire to give us it.
Will probably all go in our favour next round cos Geishen will tell the umps it's all looking too obvious but something is going on I tells ya.

I'm sorry. I really am quite a sane person usually.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gooner wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:

I have little time for whinging sainters and am a firm believer that decisions even themselves up over a season but......

It is getting to the point where it actually seems as if the AFL are actually cheating us. That blocking decision was insane and it has to be the most obvious free for an umpire to give us it.
Will probably all go in our favour next round cos Geishen will tell the umps it's all looking too obvious but something is going on I tells ya.

I'm sorry. I really am quite a sane person usually.
I agree we have the third most frees this year. surely we must have the most. What about the time Richo farted surely that was a free to us.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Umpires where pathetic tonight absolutely disgusting obviously got them from down punt road way

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Guys, you're all delusional.
Plugger has given the official AFL thoughts on umpiring tonight, and that is that they were very good.

Although TBH it's difficult some times to tell when he is being a belligerant, sarcastic bastard or doing his Monkey-Boy Anderson impressions.

I'm pretty sure it's the Monkey-Boy impression in this thread.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

the umpiring is a massive problem in afl - 3 prima donas (oops - 2 more years of bitter umpires) with their own interpretations who have never played at a decent level. and to make it worse the afl mikes them - why?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Guys, you're all delusional.
Plugger has given the official AFL thoughts on umpiring tonight, and that is that they were very good.

Although TBH it's difficult some times to tell when he is being a belligerant, sarcastic bastard or doing his Monkey-Boy Anderson impressions.

I'll put this one in the thread with the other 2 of losing the game to Freo and bakes getting 7 weeks. This is now the 3rd thread comparing every game umpired to tonight and how much they cheated against us.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Guys, you're all delusional.

I'll put this one in the thread with the other 2 of losing the game to Freo and bakes getting 7 weeks. This is now the 3rd thread comparing every game umpired to tonight and how much they cheated against us.[/quote]

Which other thread?
Is it official 'AFL Speak'?