Geez, you'd think we just had our 10th straight loss

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:How far does our patience need to extend?

Mark Williams coached the most talented side in the AFL for 3 years and kept failing before he finally got them to a flag.

Mark Thompson coached one of the most talented (and largely unchangd) lists in the AFL for 4 years before he got it right. And there were some shocking parts of that journey.

25 weeks into his coaching career, can we already make a judgment on Ross Lyon?
And your point small d.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

My point was exactly what I wrote: 25 weeks into his coaching career, can we already make a judgment on Ross Lyon?

Or do we need to be more patient than that?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:My point was exactly what I wrote: 25 weeks into his coaching career, can we already make a judgment on Ross Lyon?

He is coming off a high base not like other new coaches do.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:My point was exactly what I wrote: 25 weeks into his coaching career, can we already make a judgment on Ross Lyon?

He is coming off a high base not like other new coaches do.
I know, and that's why it makes it difficult to know how long he needs to be given before a judgment can be made.

Is 25 weeks enough? Two seasons? Three seasons?

He can manage a list - he's proven that already IMO. Our list is better than it was two years ago, and I don't think many would disagree with that (hence the anger at last night's result)

Can he coach? Can we answer that yet?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

he has no excuses, our list is in its best shape for years

they've had time to learn his gameplan, but i'm afraid its a pretty piss poor one

don't pressure the ball carrier? don't man-up? give them free possesion into their forward 50? what kind of gameplan is that?

and Auskick coach knows better than that....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:he has no excuses, our list is in its best shape for years

they've had time to learn his gameplan, but i'm afraid its a pretty piss poor one

don't pressure the ball carrier? don't man-up? give them free possesion into their forward 50? what kind of gameplan is that?

and Auskick coach knows better than that....
yep mate,

I don't like the game plan (although it has been locked out during training)

:roll:

Is his game plan to bomb into the forward 50 like Pagans Paddock, if so just how original is that????

We have a good side and have the ability to play strong and aggressive football but it seems that our coach does not want that.......

No pressure on the ball carrier at all on Friday night, the midfield was p!ss poor on that front and that is a big worry IMO

On that performance we dont deserve to be considered a top 4 chance IMO...

Yep, some on here say we can only get better but I bet we will look at this game and some more and then dissect why again we mist the GF...

Time will tell, but that game was a shocker IMO and questions have to be asked and asked soon because we face a good side next week and we have played poorly and have just manage those two wins with luck of the draw IMO...

If it had of been some other sides we would have been 3 zip IMO...

We are playing crap footy and atm we are lucky to have 2 wins on the board IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!