Raph, and Jason

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FraserGehrig
Club Player

Raph, and Jason

After each game this year I find myself wondering why Raph still makes the team. Clinton Jones is heaps better and has lots more potential. Raph crumbles under pressure and even when hes not under pressure. Also i am beggining to dislike jason blake. he has done so well but he gives away to many holding free kicks. he has 2 understand you cannot hold your opponent at a stoppage.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Re: Raph, and Jason

FraserGehrig wrote:After each game this year I find myself wondering why Raph still makes the team. Clinton Jones is heaps better and has lots more potential. Raph crumbles under pressure and even when hes not under pressure. Also i am beggining to dislike jason blake. he has done so well but he gives away to many holding free kicks. he has 2 understand you cannot hold your opponent at a stoppage.
hello another first time poster....

troll whinge whaaaaa whaaaaa

well if blake gives away to many holdings then so does max

you going to have a go at max too???

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

F*** off all you one time poster idiots, get a life

Before Im 85
FraserGehrig
Club Player

Max

max is like all defenders. dont get a fair chance these days. but blake plays around stoppages with his back to the footy or holding onto his opponent. in last 2 games max and jason have had same 'frees against' and max is a defender...

Wollongong_saint
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:F*** off all you one time poster idiots, get a life
I don't see how a four-figure post count makes you a Rock Star mate.....we all have an opinion and being an open fan forum, we all have the right to a say (within the forum rules).

So stop showing of your big 1000 phallus and say something constructive.
Last edited by Wollongong_saint on Fri 04 Apr 2008 9:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Actually touche to them.

They have every right to troll after a 12.5 goal turnaround.

We have a long way to go obviously.

Can't deny it at the moment.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Wollongong_saint wrote:
I don't see how a four-figure post count makes you a Rock Star mate.....we all have an opinion and being an open fan forum, we all have the right to a say (within the forum rules).

I am a rock star cause I dont kick this club when they are down
We have won 6 in a row FFS and you cant be up all the time
Maybe the Bulldogs are a better team atm, you dont win premierships in April
Why is it the only time we hear from your type is after a loss, bet yr not a member either :roll: :roll:
Last edited by saintsrus on Fri 04 Apr 2008 10:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Before Im 85
FraserGehrig
Club Player

mate im not dissing the saints. i love em to bits. id never stop watching them. its just i think for us to improve, raph defiently needs to go and probably also jason blake. jason blake is as good as hes going to get. why not get rid of him and bring in more speed.

Wollongong_saint
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:
Wollongong_saint wrote:

I am a rock star cause I dont kick this club when they are down
We have won 6 in a row FFS and you cant be up all the time
Maybe the Bulldogs are a better team atm, you dont win premierships in April
Why is it the only time we hear from your type is after a loss, bet yr not a member either :roll: :roll:
Well actually I am a member....I paid $100 and get sweet F all for it because I make it home to Melbourne once in a blue moon. So don't be too quick to judge.

And no, you can't be up all the time but I can't remember the last time we really WERE up.....mid 2006 maybe.

Wollongong_saint
Club Player

And for what it's worth, I'm not kicking the club, I'm kicking you for being agressive towards "my type" in this forum. Don't get carried away because you've clicked "submit" a million times, that's all I'm saying, it doesn't make you wiser or a bigger fan.

I love this club, I've stuck with them through thick and thin and thin and thin like all of us and I'm not trying to kick them at all.....I just think there are some relatively simple solutions and stubborn people aren't even attempting to do things differently.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Tonight, after years of faithful service, I just lost paitence with Raph Clarke.

He is not mentally equipped to play on smart players; he was torn a new one time and again and it was really hard to watch.

He did a few really nice things and he never stopped trying, but he is just so bad one-on-one that he is a borderline liability.

It hurts to say, but he's just not up to this level while his brain is too slow and he is so frequetly brushed aside.

Blake? Tries his guts out but with no skills and no talent, he doesn't add nearly enough to the team.

Charlie Gardiner is surely, surely streets ahead of him...and would have allowed Riewoldt to go to CHB.

Next week, Blake and Raph out, Gadiner and Gardiner in.

I'd also be tempted to looking at getting Armitage in as well. We need midfielders who can win the footy badly.

How far is Dempster away? There's one certain player, who plays a similar role, who is a lovechild of this forum, who is really struggling right now...

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Everton I'm liking your style tonight

If Blake is in the team as a tagger and his direct opponent get 28 damaging possesions and the best on ground title then really, Blake shouldnt be in the team.

The reason we couldnt win any of the footy out of the center was because we were wasting positions in there with taggers such as Jason.

Ross, time to give up on your tag-a-lot game plan. We are an attacking team, one of the best attacking teams mind you, yet we continually play defensive nonsense.

Change it

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:Everton I'm liking your style tonight
I'm off to CQ in about 20 minutes...let's hope you're not the only one ;)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

kaos theory
Club Player

Code: Select all

I'd also be tempted to looking at getting Armitage in as well. We need midfielders who can win the footy badly.
We need pace and sharp skills. Amritage has no pace. We haven't recuited a pacy skilled mid for a long time...We must have the slowest mids in the game, got shown up big time tonight.....

Dogs were hungry tonight, We thought we had it won at qtr time, and from there on everything we did looked slow....

widereceiver
Club Player

I agree kaos - Armitage is hard at it, an in and under guy but slow. Jones is faster but with all the skills of Jayson Daniels.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Raph is absolutely pathetic and should never find himself in the team again....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:Raph is absolutely pathetic and should never find himself in the team again....
Good comment.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Jason You have to be kidding he didnt have a bad game on the weekend and he hasent had a bad start to the season

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Jason You have to be kidding he didnt have a bad game on the weekend and he hasent had a bad start to the season
ur avatar is too big LIKE DUH!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Blake's direct opponent was one of the best players on the ground.

He did not play well.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

why do we kick blake alll the time IMO Kosi was worse then Blake . the fact is Blake doesnt deviate in the type of game he has hes the most consistant player in the team each week he does the same but when the rest of the team do nothing he comes to the front and gets the critisism but how bout the blokes who are suposedly our stars ? what did Gram do ? where are the how crap is Jason Gram threads ? what did gillbert do ? what did Ball do what did joey do ?..... seriously the Blake whipping is getting beyond the joke yes hes are least tallented player in the starting 22 but if half of our so called stars showed half of the effort and determination of Blake we would have no problems beating the likes of the dogs .
FFS :roll: :roll: :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saintschampions08
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:why do we kick blake alll the time IMO Kosi was worse then Blake . the fact is Blake doesnt deviate in the type of game he has hes the most consistant player in the team each week he does the same but when the rest of the team do nothing he comes to the front and gets the critisism but how bout the blokes who are suposedly our stars ? what did Gram do ? where are the how crap is Jason Gram threads ? what did gillbert do ? what did Ball do what did joey do ?..... seriously the Blake whipping is getting beyond the joke yes hes are least tallented player in the starting 22 but if half of our so called stars showed half of the effort and determination of Blake we would have no problems beating the likes of the dogs .
If those same so called stars had twice the talent of Blake, we'd have a single figure percentage.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:why do we kick blake alll the time IMO Kosi was worse then Blake . the fact is Blake doesnt deviate in the type of game he has hes the most consistant player in the team each week he does the same but when the rest of the team do nothing he comes to the front and gets the critisism but how bout the blokes who are suposedly our stars ? what did Gram do ? where are the how crap is Jason Gram threads ? what did gillbert do ? what did Ball do what did joey do ?..... seriously the Blake whipping is getting beyond the joke yes hes are least tallented player in the starting 22 but if half of our so called stars showed half of the effort and determination of Blake we would have no problems beating the likes of the dogs .
If those same so called stars had twice the talent of Blake, we'd have a single figure percentage.
so whats worse to you someone with great tallent doing nothing or some one with little talent giving 100% of what they can offer ?

yes blake is the less skilled player but the others not putting in the effort is what kills us not BLake

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Raph is played out of position...and he is woeful back there because he is just not a backman. I think the idea was that he would learn to be accountable by being played in defence, bhut it seems to have ruined his composure, because every mistake he makes is a fatal one and he has become fumbly and tentative....
If he gets back in I'd like to see him at HFF or wing where he can be more creative, and play as a more offensive type.

Nee!
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

You're spot on Trav... FFS Raph & Blake are solely responsible for friday night's debacle!!!

It's the usual easy targets that get hit while hard questions are very rarely asked of fan favorites.

Gram is a huge disappointment, I cannot tell you how much he frustrates me. The game against WC in 06 when Goose broke his leg showed how good Gram can be... he was just sensational that night against Judd, Kerr & Cousins at their best... he just doesn't want it enough & is seriously looking down the barrel at being a one trick pony (get it, run quick for a bit, slam it forward for a turnover).

Montagna is similar. Runs the lines well but doesn't hurt the opposition on the scoreboard or hit forward targets enough. Has got in the habit of going to ground too often & loses possession in the process. Tackling & chasing very poor as well.

I know we're all very disappointed with Friday & it's easy to spit the dummy & bag everyone but we have huge issues that have been brewing since early 2006. Kosi, Dal, X, Bally, Joey, Gram need to stand up & be the players that they inconsistently show they can be. At present Roo & Lenny are the only 2 A-Graders that we have that match talent with consistency.

Our team plays too often like they're a bunch of strangers who don't really care for each other or the common goal that they're supposedly committed to achieving.

If only we played with the ticker of Collingwood, we'd have a flag in our grasp. It really hurts to say that too.