Fiora was good....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Fiora was good....

So were Milne, Gehrig, Joey, Chips, X, Bally and Gardi. And Raph was ok too. And Max was terrific this week.

Hopefully Fiora has silenced his SS critics for this week at least.

The team as a whole was a bit ordinary in the first 2.5 quarters. Since then, they got a fair bit better IMO

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Yep, Fiora played a good game and bobbed up consistently through the match.

M. Gardiner was brilliant. His second quarter was just dominant ... 5 hitouts to advantage, 4 marks and 6 kicks.

Milne sensational too ... could have kicked 6.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Used very sparingly by lyon week in week out, and usually makes some impact.....his inside skills are clean, he carries the footy, and has a penetrating leg....IMO he rarely plays a poor one from limited opportunity.....sometimes displays enormous courage...Definitely in our best 22 make up...

Huzzad
Club Player

Yep, Fiora is back to where he should be, was great tonight and what an amazing mark too! Nearly had two speccies with that effort in the first half. Good to see him back on song, was getting worried after his last few games, despite the fact I was a huge fan of him last year.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
jill
Club Player

As one who posted C Jones deserved his spot ahead of Fiora - Great Job Adam!!! Was also VERY HAPPY with the Clarke boys and Gardiner & Schnieder!!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

was back to his 2007 form, running to make alot more contests and seemed to kick longer then he has in the past. Important part of the midifeld rotation.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Great game and that was a top grab too. I was at the game but on the other side of the ground, is it a contender for mark of the year or am i overrating it?

I counted two hard ball gets at leats tonight too, so that should shut a few people here up..... I won't hold my breath though.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Best game I have seen him play.
Ran well through the lines, disposed of the ball perfectly and really did link defence into attack very well....
Quite impressed, although i do realise it was ONLY Carlton...

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fiora was good....

meher baba wrote:So were Milne, Gehrig, Joey, Chips, X, Bally and Gardi. And Raph was ok too. And Max was terrific this week.

Hopefully Fiora has silenced his SS critics for this week at least.

The team as a whole was a bit ordinary in the first 2.5 quarters. Since then, they got a fair bit better IMO
Not for mine MB. He's a front runner. Gets the footy out in the open, but is bloody useless in a hard body on body contest. Soft as. First to go if BJ is fit.

Huzzad
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Great game and that was a top grab too. I was at the game but on the other side of the ground, is it a contender for mark of the year or am i overrating it?

I counted two hard ball gets at leats tonight too, so that should shut a few people here up..... I won't hold my breath though.
Id say a contender. Not sure for the year, but definatley the round.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Did he do the shut down job on Murphy after 1/4 time? I get the feeling they are turning him into a run with type. Seemed to work tonight.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
avid
Club Player

Fiora's pass to Gehrig at the 10 minute mark of the 3rd is one of the best massively long pin-point passes I've seen. His stab pass in the last was a ripper too. Plus mark of the week. Pretty good offering -- I'm happy to have him!

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I've got Fizz as 6th-8th best on ground. That is huge considering I was one of the main people asking for him to be dropped.

His two inside-50 passes were absolutely fantastic.

Apu
Club Player

jill wrote:As one who posted C Jones deserved his spot ahead of Fiora - Great Job Adam!!! Was also VERY HAPPY with the Clarke boys and Gardiner & Schnieder!!
Aaron???