Can someone explain why racism thread was locked?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

buzfromgronggrong

Can someone explain why racism thread was locked?

Can someone explain why this thread was locked?

Who is this 'Harveys Disciple' goon to tell people what they can or cannot debate about?

Is it that the topic is too difficult for you HD?

Feel a little left out huh?

How about a nice little 'Whats ur best 22' thread?

or a 'whats your favorite number' post?

More on your level huh?

For gawd sake - if people wish to debate a topic and they aint swearing or abusing each other who are u, or anyone else, to stop em?

Perhaps out there in the swamps of gippsland racism is a non issue but, believe it or not, there are people in the populated areas who think it's worthy of discussion.

And dont pull out your little hall monitor rule book and tell me it wasn't football or st kilda related or whatever - there is so much non-st kilda/non-football crap posted on this site that it aint funny.

Quite simply this is a case of mr hall monitor blowing his whistle because he can.

You should be embarrassed

and

you should go outside mr 90 billion posts

and

get yourself

A LIFE! :roll:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Just a tad too harsh there Ned IMO...

All the mods do their best for the better of the site IMO

Yep, it was closed because maybe HD could see what might happen if it went any further, and as he said most that wanted a say had their say...

Anyway Ned have a relax and have a good Christmas :D

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can someone explain why racism thread was locked?

buzfromgronggrong wrote:get yourself

A LIFE! :roll:
Says someone who acts like Mr Bigshot on the internet...

Only time you get to shoot something off I'm guessing?

They walk amongst us...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I don't really mind that it was locked, there was always a chance of it getting ugly however I like to think that we would have been able to keep a level or mature debate going...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

I agree with buz. Threads should be locked for what they contain, not what they have the potential to contain.

This forum really sucks since the search function went down. It means everyone generally reads and comments on the same threads. They're all reading the latest. Which means it's the quick or the dead if you want to have a say.

Buz you shouldn't have have had a crack at HD like that; he was trying to moderate correctly, he was just a little hasty.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps a more suitable move could have been to move it to the general forum?

Or maybe we could turn Saintsational Web which no one ever seems to use into a Bay 13 from Bigfooty type thing were moderators only remove stuff if it could cause legal problems, other than that let all the name calling and stuff go on for as long as it wants...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Perhaps a more suitable move could have been to move it to the general forum?

Or maybe we could turn Saintsational Web which no one ever seems to use into a Bay 13 from Bigfooty type thing were moderators only remove stuff if it could cause legal problems, other than that let all the name calling and stuff go on for as long as it wants...

It was answered on the first page and the OP did respond...

so really, what is all the fuss about FFS???

NED, take a break mate, please

snoopygirl wrote:
Doesn't matter in your opinion on whether the term is offensive or racist saintspremiers, it matters to the person who is being called by that term. It is their opinion & only their opinion that counts.
saintspremiers wrote:
fair call!

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

St.Fid I was making a suggestion which I think should be considered because it has the potential to make the site a better place IMO...

I really don't see how it was answered on the first page...
Because one person shared their opinion and the OP agreed the discussion must end...
So if I start a thread who is the best St.Kilda player ever? someone says Dal and I agree that automatically means that Dal is the best player ever?
People come on this site for a wide range of reasons, to interact with other saints fans, to hear the latest saints news or to debate a wide range of issues, some football and some non football related... it's easy to find what you want and it's easy to avoid what you don't...
IMO the lock was probably a good thing however I believe it would be better if we had a Bay 13 type thing where these threads can be moves for people who may want to keep the debate going...

GrumpyOne

The thread was on the verge of going ballistic. Visually impaired Freddy could see that.

Good intervention by the Mod imo.

yipper
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:The thread was on the verge of going ballistic. Visually impaired Freddy could see that.
But apparently not our internet hero buzzychoc head!! Next time you want to pay out on someone like that, try doing it to their face you tosser. What a despicable, cowardly attack on a mod - A VOLUNTEER MOD - who does have another life. So bigshot buzzhead, if you would like to discuss things further please feel free to introduce yourself to me personally - that is face to face in case you don't understand that, at the footy or wherever tossers like you hang out. I'll be happy to explain my views to you on what the mods do and who they are. What an internet hero!! Strike me pink - that was the lowest shot I have ever seen anyone have on here ever. You idiot.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Don't always agree with the mods, but I respect their right to manage this site which they do for free in their own time while performing other duties such as work, childrearing, family etc.

yes in the past the locking of threads etc has been dissapointing but I understand the reason for it.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Strike me pink
Stone the flamin' crows. You go get 'em Alf!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote:
yipper wrote:Strike me pink
Stone the flamin' crows. You go get 'em Alf!
May all his chooks turn into emus and kick his flamin' dunny down. :D

HarveysDeciple

thanks for your usual input to this forum buz....

just wait for your next opportunity to fly off the handle at someone buddy...ever dicsussed footy?

The thread was locked because anyone with half a brain could see what was coming...

What exactly is your issue? do you wake up in the s***s every morning buddy?

And telling me to get a life? what would constitute a life? graduating from uni and getting a full time job like I've just done? or abusing people on a fan forum whilst pretending to be a cyber hero?

Your call champ.

yipper
SS Life Member

Ok - so SENsational watches Home & Away, and the Grumpy one is a Bazza McKenzie fan. Well you bonza blokes!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

You're a rip snorta yipper.

Have a great Chrissy and get a Crownie up ya!

PS was down Gippy way two weeks ago. Did a bit of 'prospecting' in the Yarra State Forest. I struck gold, I tell ya. Gold! In the form of several Crownies at the Noojee pub! :lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
HarveysDeciple

SENsaintsational wrote:You're a rip snorta yipper.

PS was down Gippy way two weeks ago. Did a bit of 'prospecting' in the Yarra State Forest. I struck gold, I tell ya. Gold! In the form of several Crownies at the Noojee pub! :lol:
the Noojee pup being one of the best you'll ever see! :D

yipper
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote:You're a rip snorta yipper.

Well good onya matey. You did strike gold I reckon. Not a real bad drop up there in Tiger country!! (snakes that is)

HarveysDeciple

yipper wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:The thread was on the verge of going ballistic. Visually impaired Freddy could see that.
But apparently not our internet hero buzzychoc head!! Next time you want to pay out on someone like that, try doing it to their face you tosser. What a despicable, cowardly attack on a mod - A VOLUNTEER MOD - who does have another life. So bigshot buzzhead, if you would like to discuss things further please feel free to introduce yourself to me personally - that is face to face in case you don't understand that, at the footy or wherever tossers like you hang out. I'll be happy to explain my views to you on what the mods do and who they are. What an internet hero!! Strike me pink - that was the lowest shot I have ever seen anyone have on here ever. You idiot.
nah he's to busy in the "popularised areas" where the better people hang out :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

..and as usual he fires his shots and vanishes before he has to actually justify his twaddle :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Agreed, thats why I vacated the thread poste haste after replying to the same claptrap that was worded slightly differently.

I dopn't mind voicving or defeding my opinion, but doing it over and over again to people who don't listen is a pointless exercise.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Maybe the mods locked it because it was racist

Just a thought

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't stress Yip, poor old 'buzzedonalongbong' is upset because big posh hate daddy didn't sneak into his room last night :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I think it about time this thread was locked it's going nowehere :shock: :shock:
The racism thread was pretty simple, there were two opposing views that both refused to budge, there were the group that believe racial slurs are unacceptable and those who think that people need to just get over it...

Personally I would rather get bagged about something meaningless and unimportant that you can't control like which country you come from then somtehing like being fat, ugly or stupid... unfortunately for Dimwit he is 2 out of 3 of those things so we have plenty of material left to bag him with...

This thread has just gotten ridiuculous, however it is a very slow day, the only 2 other active threads are about the kangaroos :shock: :shock:

yipper
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote:
yipper wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't stress Yip, poor old 'buzzedonalongbong' is upset because big posh hate daddy didn't sneak into his room last night :wink:
:lol: 8-)