Future Clash Jumper Design

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Future Clash Jumper Design

I believe that it was St.Patric that wanted to form some sort of committee to present the club with possible alternate jumpers and give the club feedback on which ones are getting the most positive reaction form the fans.

I had a lot of people's contributions to a thread I had started previously however my computer broke down so I have lost them all, if anybody has them could they please post them so we can gauge just how popular any certain jumper is.

This was my first design and it is still my favourite so far, it is based on the hot cross bun design of the late 90's and it avoids all clashes.

Last edited by Armoooo on Thu 29 Nov 2007 10:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

do you have the rules regarding the clash jumper?

no verticle stripes, predominantly white?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Sorry I had a look around and I can't seem to find any, I think that maybe Saints66au might know them, I think it is him that has brought them up in most clash jumper threads.

It definitely can't have vertical stripes, however I don't think it has to be predominately white, Essendon's have none, neither did Adelaide's so I think it just has to be a noticeably different colour.

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
nathan000
Club Player

i wouldn't mind that Armoooo. i've always liked the cross jumpers from the 90's and always thought they were our best design.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

AS far as I remember the rules are/were that the jumper cant have vertical stripes or hoops ...and it has to be predominantly the lighter of whatever your two/tthree colours are.

IMHO Carlton and the Bulldogs have got it right..pretty much negative images of their home jumpers.

Id love to see our home jumper with the black back replaced with white....with a red number..but the front left alone..can anyone mock that up?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

They walk amongst us...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Here is kind of what you are talking about... It's not too flash but it gives you a rough idea...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:Image
Beat me to it :wink:

It is too hard to tell from this type of picture, because IMO the biggest weakness in this jumper is how it would look side on, no matter which side you look at it from there will be a massive change in colour at the stiching, it will either go from complete black to complete white or complete red to complete white, that is why I am not to keen on changing the traditional to either white or black, however the same could be said with the current traditional jumper because it goes from red to black however I think it would look worse with either white or red.

And also I don't believe that our clash jumper should be a simple compromise, I think that we shold make the most of the oppurtunity, a quality clash jumper could bring quite a bit of money into the club and it would be good just to have some alternatives...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Future Clash Jumper Design

Armoooo wrote:Hey everyone, I just contacted Archie Fraser via Email who furthered it to a guy called Anthony Moore who must now be in charge of our merchandising because I have never dealt with him before, he was very helpful in regards to my questions about the future of our clash jumper.

He confirmed that we are stuck with the faded apron until the end of 2008, however there is a light at the end of the tunnel...
We will start planning for our 2009 range including clash jumper designs in February 2008.
He said that it could all be arranged throughout the Saints website, so if anybody wants to make a design they should probably get started now, if you could just make a rough copy of one there is probably someone on the site that could turn them into a cleaner version for presentation to the club.

I believe that it was St.Patric that wanted to form some sort of committee to present the club with possible alternate jumpers and give the club feedback on which ones are getting the most positive reaction form the fans.

I had a lot of people's contributions to a thread I had started previously however my computer broke down so I have lost them all, if anybody has them could they please post them so we can gauge just how popular any certain jumper is.

This was my first design and it is still my favourite so far, it is based on the hot cross bun design of the late 90's and it avoids all clashes.

i actually am very partial to your first attempt...hope it is the one selected...always loved the hot cross bun......from the day i first saw it....giving it the arse was the only thing thomas did that i disagreed with.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"ducks".............

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:Image
ewwwwwwwwwwwww yuck!

no way

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Future Clash Jumper Design

Armoooo wrote:I believe that it was St.Patric that wanted to form some sort of committee to present the club with possible alternate jumpers and give the club feedback on which ones are getting the most positive reaction form the fans.

I would not be disappointed if we chose this one !!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Does anybody know who oure official apparel partner is?
Would it be skins, because I would have thought that they would be more involved with the production than the design because it would be great if the apparel company could work in partnership with us here to work towards a jumper that the club, supporters and AFL can all agree upon...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

My god that current acid wash cr2ppola clash jumper is fugly. Cant we do something THIS year FFS....iD prefer they play 'skins' v non-skins than wear that 1980's spandau ballet number....dreadful.....shoot marketing AND ANYONE ELSE who had input to it.

“Yeah….nah””
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
ewwwwwwwwwwwww yuck!

no way
My exact thought when I was putting it together.

They walk amongst us...

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:My god that current acid wash cr2ppola clash jumper is fugly...
Would you prefer non-stick? :wink:

They walk amongst us...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:My god that current acid wash cr2ppola clash jumper is fugly. Cant we do something THIS year FFS....iD prefer they play 'skins' v non-skins than wear that 1980's spandau ballet number....dreadful.....shoot marketing AND ANYONE ELSE who had input to it.
I completely agree with you however I think that we are contracted to wear it for another season, as tragic as it is I don't think that there is anything that we will be able to do about it, on the bright side it will give us some time to work towards the perfect clash strip which if popular enough can bring a lot of money into the club and not make us cringe every game we see them play in it...

karnak
Club Player

where is the site or link etc that you can use to put up these things,

I have quite a few ideas surrounding this topic and would love to contribute some ideas to the discussion.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Teflon wrote:My god that current acid wash cr2ppola clash jumper is fugly. Cant we do something THIS year FFS....iD prefer they play 'skins' v non-skins than wear that 1980's spandau ballet number....dreadful.....shoot marketing AND ANYONE ELSE who had input to it.
I completely agree with you however I think that we are contracted to wear it for another season, as tragic as it is I don't think that there is anything that we will be able to do about it, on the bright side it will give us some time to work towards the perfect clash strip which if popular enough can bring a lot of money into the club and not make us cringe every game we see them play in it...
Who are we contracted with? Faberge tight legs?.........its a toss up between it and the yellow peril for worst ever...

Bring back the red, white, black Cross jumper......had a touch of menace about it, fit with our heritage/brand and gave us that "we're on a mad Christian crusade..." look (or when losing badly....a Monty Python feel.....)

DO SOMETHING MARKETING.

“Yeah….nah””
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

karnak wrote:where is the site or link etc that you can use to put up these things,

I have quite a few ideas surrounding this topic and would love to contribute some ideas to the discussion.
Well if you have designed a jumper using some form of software like photshop. illustrator, fireworks or even something as simple as paint you can then go to a free image hosting site such as http://www.imageshack.us/ and then post it in this thread, if you have a rough idea without anything being designed yet you can PM me a description and I can make it for you when I get some time (however I'm not the most talented artist so it would have to be rather simple or linear)

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Who are we contracted with? Faberge tight legs?.........its a toss up between it and the yellow peril for worst ever...
Come on the Yellow Peril wasn't that bad I still wear it :lol:
I am just that desperate to return to some form of the hot cross bun regardless of colour :twisted:

karnak
Club Player

cool thankyou very much,

this is needed as well, but i'm actually after the templates that everyone seems to be using to design their selections.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I used to have a good template that another poster sent me however due to my broken computer I have just been getting another design, making the inside completely blank and then working from there.

1966 POSTS!!, I'm going to have to make a new account now :lol:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Teflon wrote: Who are we contracted with? Faberge tight legs?.........its a toss up between it and the yellow peril for worst ever...
I am just that desperate to return to some form of the hot cross bun regardless of colour :twisted:
Armooo......please tell me your joking re: the yellow pyjama top? :shock:

Agree the bun jumper - was cool and to this day IMO still looks the goods...heres my chant for it..."bring it back in red, white and black"

“Yeah….nah””
karnak
Club Player

gratz!!! Armooo

you should start one called Armoo

hehehe,

go for it mate!!!

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Armooo......please tell me your joking re: the yellow pyjama top? :shock:
unfourtantly he isnt...i have proof :twisted: