Help North Melbourne to stay in Melbourne ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Want to help North Melbourne stay here?

Kangaroos supporters are doing everything they can to keep the club in Melbourne ...

They are starting to get fairly organised with an anti-relocation movement, and are taking pledges:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390699

You can donate an amount of money to North to try and keep them in Melbourne.

Personally, I'm going to buy a NMFC membership next year ... the more members they have, the better.

Whilst I realise it is in the long-term interests of St Kilda that the Roos re-locate to the Gold Coast, as a footy fan I would hate to see any of the Melbourne clubs move, especially the Roos.

If you hate the idea or want to see them move to the Gold Coast, then fine. Don't help out.

But I would hope there are a few willing to dig into their pockets and buy a NMFC membership in '08.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

They will be the Carrara Roos within the next 2 years or they will fold.....

I work with about 9 Kangaroo supporters and not one of them is a member,in fact ,i think i work with all of North's supporters,it's so apt they are coached by a Junk Yard Dog.........

No President...
No VFL alignment....
If they have a standalone VFL team they've said the AFL will have to fund it.
No Supporters and even less members.....
They cant generate enough income to support themselves.....

Time to Go.......................Kangaroos.....

:P

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I always think better us than them.

If the AFL wants a club in the gold coast, then they will have a club in the gold coast. If you save the Kanga's who else will it be? Bulldogs Saints Melbourne? Remember Fitzroy? that wouldn't have happened if Melbourne and Hawthorn merged. But instead they were hung out to dry. Better to let the obvious choice to happen than anther club be forced to.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Want to help North Melbourne stay here?

Oh When the Saints wrote:Kangaroos supporters are doing everything they can to keep the club in Melbourne ...

They are starting to get fairly organised with an anti-relocation movement, and are taking pledges:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390699

You can donate an amount of money to North to try and keep them in Melbourne.

Personally, I'm going to buy a NMFC membership next year ... the more members they have, the better.

Whilst I realise it is in the long-term interests of St Kilda that the Roos re-locate to the Gold Coast, as a footy fan I would hate to see any of the Melbourne clubs move, especially the Roos.

If you hate the idea or want to see them move to the Gold Coast, then fine. Don't help out.

But I would hope there are a few willing to dig into their pockets and buy a NMFC membership in '08.
I absolutely agree with you on this issue....... 100%

Always make a priority to give to clubs such as the Rooboys, Dees and Doggies - albeit through raffles or memberships. Don't forget forumites we were there rattling tins in 96....... and I reckon we got donations from the above 3 clubs!

linz
Club Player

A bit of a Jekyl & Hyde issue. I'll give them a donation if someone rattles a can in my face 'cause I was can rattling when our club was in trouble.

On the other hand, if the Roos go to Qld there will be less pressure on us. Mind you, if the Roos still get to play say 8 games in Melbourne per year, maybe it wouldn't be a bad result for everyone.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
helsy3
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:They will be the Carrara Roos within the next 2 years or they will fold.....

I work with about 9 Kangaroo supporters and not one of them is a member,in fact ,i think i work with all of North's supporters,it's so apt they are coached by a Junk Yard Dog.........

No President...
No VFL alignment....

This is the sort of Caroline Wilson drivel that has probably made the GC a real possibility. How about do some research before sounding off on your keyboard. Our President is also the head of the Racing Industry in Victoria, and had not the time for both jobs, which is a blessing for the NMFC because he was woeful. The hardest thing our Membership department has in front of it is converting supporters to members, because contrary to what Ms Wilson and her ilk have made you believe, North actually has one of the biggest supporter bases in the league, but the worst conversion to members ratio, as evidenced by your 9 colleagues.

I would hate to see my Club, let alone any other Vic side be forced by Vlad and his impalers to relocate - and for those that do think better them than us, what happens when its your turn?
Last edited by helsy3 on Wed 24 Oct 2007 9:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

well could north melbourne survive and be even remotely competative with the AFL's 2 or 1.5 million per year? Because they will remove that to force the Kanga's north if they want them north.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

bobmurray wrote:They will be the Carrara Roos within the next 2 years or they will fold.....

No President...
No VFL alignment....

and that could have been other people's opinions on us when we couldn't rub two dollars together........

glass houses bm.......

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

helsy3 wrote:

No President...
No VFL alignment....

This is the sort of Caroline Wilson drivel that has probably made the GC a real possibility. How about do some research before sounding off on your keyboard. Our President is also the head of the Racing Industry in Victoria, and had not the time for both jobs, which is a blessing for the NMFC because he was woeful. The hardest thing our Membership department has in front of it is converting supporters to members, because contrary to what Ms Wilson and her ilk have made you believe, North actually has one of the biggest supporter bases in the league, but the worst conversion to members ratio, as evidenced by your 9 colleagues.

I would hate to see my Club, let alone any other Vic side be forced by Vlad and his impalers to relocate - and for those that do think better them than us, what happens when its your turn?

It's all fact, dude...unfortunately....

You'll be able to plan annual holidays to the Gold Coast to watch your team play......Best of luck fielding a VFL team........

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
helsy3
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:well could north melbourne survive and be even remotely competative with the AFL's 2 or 1.5 million per year? Because they will remove that to force the Kanga's north if they want them north.
I think I'm doubling my post count in a few minutes :oops:

The NMFC receives 1.2 million from the CBF per year. If this is withdrawn to force the Club to do as the AFL wishes, what happens to the other 6 Clubs that also receive the CBF? The CBF is there to compensate for poor draws and geographical disadvantage, so would it be restraint of fair trade, apart from being a disgraceful bullyboy tactic if this was imposed? So much for Demetriou's 'no team will be forced to relocate as long as I am in charge of the League' statement.

Apologies for the rant, but this is the team I love... all North supporters want is for other Melbourne Club supporters to imagine how they would feel if this was their Club.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i wont be buying a membership, but i would be happy to donate $20-$40, as they are in my top 4 fav sides! :D
and yes, it would be a shame to have to see a club move! no club should move!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Id hate to see NMFC go belly up... which pretty much includes relocation.

I wont be buying a membership, because at the moment i can only just afford my own membership, but if i see someone raising money for the club, id be happy to put a few dollars in the tin. Very happy to do thatt.

helsy3
Club Player

bobmurray wrote: It's all fact, dude...unfortunately....

You'll be able to plan annual holidays to the Gold Coast to watch your team play......Best of luck fielding a VFL team........
Yes Ms Wilson..........

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

No President...
No VFL alignment....

why the smile at the end?
coz that wasnt funny
thats just sad thats u think that
the roos are an awesome club, and even though im a saint all my life i would be shattered to see them go!
infact....can someone tell me if what the roos cheapest membership is? because i know that the "little angle" for the saints where u had to be agen inbetween about 1-4, that was only about $30 this year, so if the roos have a membership like that for the younger ones, and its only $30, i might get one, but not a full size adult $120!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

helsy3 wrote:
Apologies for the rant, but this is the team I love... all North supporters want is for other Melbourne Club supporters to imagine how they would feel if this was their Club.
No need to apologise I would be the same if it was the Saints. But realisticly if the AFL wants you to move it probably will use those tactics and in the very least threaten to. I don't want North to move north either, but would prefer it to than folding or so called merge like fitzroy. And the AFL did force fitzroys hands in the end through dirty tactics, like making a minimum salary cap ect. The restraint of trade is a very unclear area because are they restraining trade by making them move? Or making them unfinancially viable, but offering them a means to be financially viable. I wouldn't count on going to court and winnning (in the least it will drag out until north goes under anyway).
Last edited by ausfatcat on Wed 24 Oct 2007 9:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Yep...I think I might buy a membership next year too.

Come on Kangas.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

nah...they can go...they are going to anyway....keep your hard earned......by two saints memberships instead........one year i got one for the dog...he used to get mail from the club too.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:[
It's all fact, dude...unfortunately....

i understand we will be playing a game there next year........oops.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

sorry but I remember when I putting my son, then only a few months old, in teh baby chair and a bunch of north fans started throwing stones at us, after we beat them at TD.

I also remember being racially abused substantially by north fans.

IMO let them rot.

if others feel different thats their call but north, collingwood, sydney are a few clubs I will never do anything for.

there are other things at North circa the 96 premiership which is the subject of a court order thats pretty disgusting too.

i've tipped in for the tiggers in their time of need and the doggies, but north, let them rot. If north die, I will applaud.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

helsy3 wrote:[North actually has one of the biggest supporter bases in the league, but the worst conversion to members ratio
fact?

i wouldve thought the demons wouldve had the worst supporter - member ratio due to all their mcc members

i find it hardly believeable that north has one of the biggest supporter bases in the afl...top 16 pehaps

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
helsy3 wrote:[North actually has one of the biggest supporter bases in the league, but the worst conversion to members ratio
fact?

i wouldve thought the demons wouldve had the worst supporter - member ratio due to all their mcc members

i find it hardly believeable that north has one of the biggest supporter bases in the afl...top 16 pehaps
i do know that they have a bl00dy lot over in perth!
but apart from that......nah.....to tell you the truth i would of rated north, dees and dogs down the bottom!
and saints not to far behind as i always ask people who the go for, and probably 1 in 30 people say saints! :cry:

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Whilst I'll never sway my allegiances to St.Kilda, I do have a soft spot for the Roo's. I'd hate to see them move also. Reminds me of the time the Dee's were going to merge with the Hawks - it's probably just a storm the North Melbourne Footy club should weather, and by doing so stick it out where they are. (I'm not sure of all the reasons surrounding their proposed move) I do feel for their supporters though.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Yeah Id do my bit and put some cash in a tin (or the Intenet equivalent thereof.)

If I was Roos supporter Id not be feeling confident, but people power is a scary thing sometimes...it saved us from the Footscray Lions and the Melbourne Hawks

Dan...pretty harsh damning the whole Club on the basis of a few ratbag supporters

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Whilst I'll never sway my allegiances to St.Kilda, I do have a soft spot for the Roo's. I'd hate to see them move also. Reminds me of the time the Dee's were going to merge with the Hawks - it's probably just a storm the North Melbourne Footy club should weather, and by doing so stick it out where they are. (I'm not sure of all the reasons surrounding their proposed move) I do feel for their supporters though.

If they did merge fitzroy would still be around today. The AFL got what they wanted, by any means not matter what the cost is.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:I always think better us than them.

If the AFL wants a club in the gold coast, then they will have a club in the gold coast. If you save the Kanga's who else will it be? Bulldogs Saints Melbourne? Remember Fitzroy? that wouldn't have happened if Melbourne and Hawthorn merged. But instead they were hung out to dry. Better to let the obvious choice to happen than anther club be forced to.
Agree. If the Kangas stay put for the next 5 years and the Saints' on field performance drops (results in less members, less money, lower attendances) then we will be a prime candidate for relocation. The AFL will not allow all of the Victorian clubs to stay where they are. At least one will go in the next 5 years and I would much rather that it be the Kangaroos than St Kilda.