Attn: Plugger66

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Attn: Plugger66

I know you've got an excellent track record, and you seem to think along the same lines as many down at the club...

Just wondering if you have any inside info on who Peake/Lyon fancy most to go at our pick 9?

The Saints are coming!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I would hope that if he did have any information he would keep quiet when it comes to drafting, we don't really want any other teams know what we are thinking...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:I would hope that if he did have any information he would keep quiet when it comes to drafting, we don't really want any other teams know what we are thinking...
Got a point Armooo...

Send a PM this way plugger if you want...

The Saints are coming!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I would hope that if he did have any information he would keep quiet when it comes to drafting, we don't really want any other teams know what we are thinking...
Got a point Armooo...

No I will answer this. My feeling is Saintbot. His form was excellent early in the year and deserves a chance.

If not him I have no idea at all.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:
Got a point Armooo...

No I will answer this. My feeling is Saintbot. His form was excellent early in the year and deserves a chance.

If not him I have no idea at all.
Thought it was worth a try because you seem to be in the know about many issues. thanks anyway mate.

The Saints are coming!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

About bloody time my name is put into the mix 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

An to be honest I dont think our recruiters would have it down to one person yet. Probably got 4-5 names on the list at the moment.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:An to be honest I dont think our recruiters would have it down to one person yet. Probably got 4-5 names on the list at the moment.
any ideas on what positions we might try to cover with what picks?

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:An to be honest I dont think our recruiters would have it down to one person yet. Probably got 4-5 names on the list at the moment.
Spot on, plus if it gets to pick 9 and there happens to be player A that somehow managed to slip to no.9 then it changes everything pretty quickly.

Carpe Diem
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
any ideas on what positions we might try to cover with what picks?
Sorry have no idea but I think most clubs go for the best available player with the first pick and take certain types with later picks.

G-Unit
Club Player

Im not sure number 9 will be a suprise pick. I think its later picks that we shouldn't be revealing who we hope will slip, maybe if we talk Cotchin down enough other teams will pass over him :wink:

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The only picks that are down pat at this stage are the 1st 3, and the order of those is not clear. My tip is;

1. Kruezer (Carl)

2. Morton (Rich) Miller tampering?

3. Cotchin

!!

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Depends on who goes pick 1-8 I reckon.

Likley they'd have a few choices just in case thier first was taken earlier.

GrumpyOne

Logic indicates that as we have pick 9, we will have nine names on our list, ranked in order. As those names are drafted in picks 1 - 8, they are crossed off our list, and we pick the highest remaining name at pick nine. For future picks, we will have a list of target players who would conform to a certain profile, (KPPs, rucks, midfielders etc.), that we have identified as being essential to our needs in two years time.

I strongly doubt that we will be a participant in the recycled player draft. Got our full share of those.

Brian Collis
Club Player

Hey True Blue Sainter how about changing your nick to something else. Everytime I see it, I keep thinking that you're a troll from Carltoon. I'm not having a dig, but true blue doesn't cut it on this forum.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

And Brian Collis does? :lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Brian Collis wrote:Hey True Blue Sainter how about changing your nick to something else. Everytime I see it, I keep thinking that you're a troll from Carltoon. I'm not having a dig, but true blue doesn't cut it on this forum.
See your point Brian - but i've been a member here longer than you remember 8-)

I thought about that when I first registered the nic - but I thought, to hell with it, everybody knows "True Blue" is an Australian patriotic expression - as characterised by the song by John Williamson...

Back on topic now

Is it reasonable to expect two of Geary, Eddy, Van Rheenan and Howard to cut the mustard at AFL level? I myself have very high hopes for Geary and VR, but not as convinced on Eddy and PM...

The Saints are coming!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Reasonable to expect one of them to cut it, but you must remember that players like Geary and Eddy were overlooked by 16 clubs about four times each .... i.e. they were not taken in the draft.

This happens for a reason, and whether it is some part of their footballing ability or something else, these players weren't considered by fairly knowledgeable people to be in the top 70 youngsters ...

If they make it, it's a bonus, but I reckon out of those four, at least one should kick on.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Reasonable to expect one of them to cut it, but you must remember that players like Geary and Eddy were overlooked by 16 clubs about four times each .... i.e. they were not taken in the draft.

This happens for a reason, and whether it is some part of their footballing ability or something else, these players weren't considered by fairly knowledgeable people to be in the top 70 youngsters ...

If they make it, it's a bonus, but I reckon out of those four, at least one should kick on.
So was Cox, Milne and many many others. Some players improve at different times of their career. Hopefully they will to.