Cousins being sacked and the PSD...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

TA

i concur with your post.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Total Awareness wrote:I am not suggesting that Ben did or didn't take any drugs during games but I can tell you that ICE can easily be consumed through a drink if it has been crushed into a powder and it is MOST definitely a performance enhancer. No doubt about it! It will increase endurance, reaction time, heart rate (which can be extremely dangerous while playing sport if not managed correctly) quickness of the mind (ie. decision making) and removes one's fear and inhibitions. This kind of practice (using ICE and other amphetamines in sport) will dehydrate you and one way of telling if someone is using it would be to observe the water, or liquid consumption during a game. Also ICE is NOT a hallucogen, unless mixed with other drugs!

Check out cousins on the podium after the 2006 GF victory, its interesting viewing....
This is absolutely true. Ice is massive in the club scene, and clubs often provide it free of charge to patrons to keep them dancing for longer (and thereby spending more money). Go to a club on any given evening and you will overhear people asking bar staff for ice in their drinks. And the staff happily oblige - scum suppliers at their worst.

It’s an epidemic, people.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
yipper
SS Life Member

Riewoldting wrote: Check out cousins on the podium after the 2006 GF victory, its interesting viewing....
This is absolutely true. Ice is massive in the club scene, and clubs often provide it free of charge to patrons to keep them dancing for longer (and thereby spending more money). Go to a club on any given evening and you will overhear people asking bar staff for ice in their drinks. And the staff happily oblige - scum suppliers at their worst.

It’s an epidemic, people.[/quote]

Too bad if you innocently wanted proper ice in your drink then!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Kiedis
Club Player

ffs, he wouldn't/couldn't take ice during a game... "I saw him turn it on 2nd half, with was quite peculiar if you ask me..." come on people... :roll:

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

On a lighter note, maybe Chicky should have brushed his jumper a bit more before coming back on the ground after half-time.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
F_Q_F
Club Player

I personally think that the Eagles have handled the Cousins saga quite well, they sent him away for treatment and gave him strict guidelines to adhere to. Its a very delicate situation theyve had to face with Cousins off field problems and it couldn't have been easy for Nisbett or Gooding. All this talk on BigFooty about sacking Nisbett is unfair and pretty stupid really.

I don't know how sacking Cousins will help him I feel it will just continue the downward spiral, but I don't know what else the Eagles or the AFL could do.

He is an absolute champion player and I hope that he can overcome his problems.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:he's had heaps of chances at WCE.

no doubt the AFL drug testers who couldn't find a thing for years will suddenly turn up positive results should he play for st kilda.

no injunctions can cover up his current indescretion.

I wonder if his 'form turn around' against st kilda was drug induced also :evil:
i have seen him twice turn it on after half time after not getting near the ball in the first half...footballers dosed up on caffeine do it the other way around...go like blazes in the first half then burn out......i was roundly and soundly abused for posting this before...but i saw what i saw.......and i do know a little about the subject.....
Truer words have never been spoken stinger...

I remember with all the hype about players taking "No Doz" (tablets full of caffeine, guarana, ginseng etc) and whether or not it should be outlawed, me and a few of my footy mates tried it. Towards the end of the game we could barely run after being full of energy for the most part...

The Saints are coming!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

In relation to WCE's handling of the situation, I believe they have been disgraceful.

By Honest John the Pharmacist's own public admission, they knew he had a 'problem at least june/July last year (if you believe their published 'version' of events) and because he was able to apparently play at his best they did NOTHING about it.

They didn't do anything about it pre-season this year either. Remember that he was B.O G. in the practice match 2 days before the sh1t hit the fan. They were forced into 'damage control' by a threat from Cousins' ex-girlfriend to blow the lid off the story.

They have done everything within their power to 'minimise the damage' to their 'brand' (much the same with teh AFL's disgraceful behaviour in this whole sorry saga) and have only ever thought of Cousins' welfare as a secondary issue.

Instead of doing the right thing and thinking solely about the best interests of their player, they have continued to try and cover up the cracks that are appearing in their Club.

As long as he was continuing to play great football, there was no problem

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
stinger wrote:

no doubt the AFL drug testers who couldn't find a thing for years will suddenly turn up positive results should he play for st kilda.

I wonder if his 'form turn around' against st kilda was drug induced also :evil:
i have seen him twice turn it on after half time after not getting near the ball in the first half...footballers dosed up on caffeine do it the other way around...go like blazes in the first half then burn out......i was roundly and soundly abused for posting this before...but i saw what i saw.......and i do know a little about the subject.....

I remember with all the hype about players taking "No Doz" (tablets full of caffeine, guarana, ginseng etc) and whether or not it should be outlawed, me and a few of my footy mates tried it. Towards the end of the game we could barely run after being full of energy for the most part...
There is no doubt that at half time against us he went and had some ice. How else could he improve that much. Why wouldnt he take the risk he was only being tested 2-4 times a week and if he got caught he would only get 2 years and the first 10 pages of the paper. Yes he had ice for sure.

F_Q_F
Club Player

I just think that for footballers such as Ben Cousins, football is their life. By not terminating his contract the first time and setting him strict conditions it meant that Cousins would concentrate on his football career and push through his drug problems.

If the Eagles took football away from Cousins then I think it would have had a more of a negative impact on his personal life. Coming from WA Ben Cousins has been the biggest player for the past 10 years, and purely from a football fan I hope he can recover but I think his AFL career is more than likey over.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Like I said plugger, he had an injection kit strapped to his body under the jumper. Very little chance of getting caught. Cyclists use the same device, that’s why they always zip up the neck of their jerseys before they cross the finish line – less chance of it being spotted that way.

And we all know that cyclists are on the gear – anyone who says they’re not is just being naïve.

The evidence is mounting up against Cousins.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:Like I said plugger, he had an injection kit strapped to his body under the jumper. Very little chance of getting caught. Cyclists use the same device, that’s why they always zip up the neck of their jerseys before they cross the finish line – less chance of it being spotted that way.

And we all know that cyclists are on the gear – anyone who says they’re not is just being naïve.

Not sure if you are serious or not but cyclists zip up their top before the line because of the sponsorship on the jacket.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:Stinger why would he dose up before the second half only, on two occasions? Is it because playing four quarters of super football would arouse too much suspicion? :)
i don't know the answer to that......maybe if he did it for the whole game he would be well and truly rooted...i don't know one way or the other about whether he did or didn't...just looks mighty suspicious to me...and they don't test for recreational drugs on game day..ffs.....how many times does one have to post that....only the normally acknowledged junk..like steriods.....

pple saying that ice isn't performance enhancing don't know what they are talking about.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Riewoldting wrote:Like I said plugger, he had an injection kit strapped to his body under the jumper. Very little chance of getting caught. Cyclists use the same device, that’s why they always zip up the neck of their jerseys before they cross the finish line – less chance of it being spotted that way.

Not sure if you are serious or not but cyclists zip up their top before the line because of the sponsorship on the jacket.
Yeah right, that's about as believable as the nonsense that pothead footballers with the munchies eat lollies post-match for their “glucoseâ€

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:no player would take drugs at the game there a medicos with the players when they are in the rooms there are cameras there are subiaco oval staff floating in the change rooms supporters volinteers it just wouldnt happen not at a game too much risk of getting caught ive been behind the scenes it wouldnt happen to much go's on around the players and the rooms for them to slipp a pill or have a snort
they watching them in the loos are they..... :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yeah right, that's about as believable as the nonsense that pothead footballers with the munchies eat lollies post-match for their “glucoseâ€

F_Q_F
Club Player

I don't think cyclists use the hydration packs, I know in the Tour de France they all use water bottles because there is a limit too the amount they can take.
I think they would have less obvious ways of doing it (if they do even do it), just speculating here...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:[

It’s an epidemic, people.
met pple like you plenty of times...smart arses.....
Last edited by stinger on Wed 17 Oct 2007 7:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Total Awareness wrote:I am not suggesting that Ben did or didn't take any drugs during games but I can tell you that ICE can easily be consumed through a drink if it has been crushed into a powder and it is MOST definitely a performance enhancer. No doubt about it! It will increase endurance, reaction time, heart rate (which can be extremely dangerous while playing sport if not managed correctly) quickness of the mind (ie. decision making) and removes one's fear and inhibitions. This kind of practice (using ICE and other amphetamines in sport) will dehydrate you and one way of telling if someone is using it would be to observe the water, or liquid consumption during a game. Also ICE is NOT a hallucogen, unless mixed with other drugs!

Check out cousins on the podium after the 2006 GF victory, its interesting viewing....
Ok u r a dead set idiot.....have u ever seen anyone on this drug???

Now don't lie and say you have when you haven't.....cause i know by what u just said that you haven't i've had the unfortunate experience of seeing people on it.....if you saw what i saw you'd understand that the mere thought an AFL player would take it for endurance on the field is ridiculous.....

Go down to some major public hospitals in the city.....ask to see some meth patients.....ask them about the RIDICULOUS BULLSH*T you said above and watch them laugh.....

Don't make stupid statements when you have no experience in seeing people in the mind state ICE gets them in.....

idiot

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Surely your taking the piss???

Close to the dumbest thing i've ever read.....

Think about it.....the needle would snap if bent in any way.....and even if it was a plastic needle.....the device would need another person to tape it on.....have a think about it.....

Why are people been so simple minded.....
Last edited by The Saintsational Man on Wed 17 Oct 2007 7:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Well every cyclist zips up their jacket so every cyclist must be on the gear. What about when they down mountains they completely unzip it. Wouldnt we see something then. Anyway what has that to do with what i said about Cousins having ice at half time in a game when he is tested 2-4 times a week.
Less cameras up there – you might see something, but it could easily be explained away as a “hydration deviceâ€

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Well every cyclist zips up their jacket so every cyclist must be on the gear. What about when they down mountains they completely unzip it. Wouldnt we see something then. Anyway what has that to do with what i said about Cousins having ice at half time in a game when he is tested 2-4 times a week.
Less cameras up there – you might see something, but it could easily be explained away as a “hydration deviceâ€

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:
stinger wrote:

There is no doubt that at half time against us he went and had some ice. How else could he improve that much. Why wouldnt he take the risk he was only being tested 2-4 times a week and if he got caught he would only get 2 years and the first 10 pages of the paper. Yes he had ice for sure.
Mate - was talking about caffeine and the effect on physical health during exercise...

The Saints are coming!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:
stinger wrote:

Mate - was talking about caffeine and the effect on physical health during exercise...

I was actually commenting on what Stinger said not you.

insidesource
Club Player

stinger wrote:

I bet you do.