It's Your Choice

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

It's Your Choice

I, like at good number of my associates, are sick to f****** death of the crap that's being put forward about this footy club.

My attitude is simple - we have a board. Their record is known. We have challengers. They reckon they can do better. The members get to choose. Let's vote.

It's called democracy (what's left of it).

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i couldn't care less what happens at board level, i haven't even read one single thread reagrding anything to do with it, thats my level of interest

i hope (and think) the players have the same care-factor as me, zero

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Oh, and I used to rate the Prez. No more. Too many stuff ups, too many conflicts. You cannot run a $20 - $30M organisation with nepotism. And that's what we've got.

Casey, Sheldon - it's not on. I genuinely hate that crap.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

agreed, unless one day i was on the board :D

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Hey, Dudsville, you don't care? Who cares that you don't care you dozehead? No-one.

Get back to reality. Fools, so many fools.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

stress less thommo

a bit of midnight aggression at the thought of waking up tomorrow and we arent playing off in the big one?

its the members choice as to whether one takes notice of the board challenge or of whom or what they decide to take notice of

not yours..

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

And "Dud", have a freakin' dip. Get an opinion. This is it. Ya get to vote. This is our choice. Forward, forward, we must go forward.

Alternatively, we could decide to cop s*** from everyone. Up to us.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Oi, SP last Year, I'll stress as much as I see as appropriate. Truth is I've spent some of this week reading some of the greatest piles of on-line bullschmyte one could ever encounter. Ruined logic, hacked associations, butchered friendships - it's just so damned sad.

But, I don't give a flying f***. It moves on. All the bitchin' and bluin' that's been on this week just shows how incapable some folks are.

I'm just happy that Banger's going on, that Goose has resigned and that we have the chance to vote to remove people who's nepotism has overshadowed their best intentions. Like I said elsewhere, ain't democracy grand.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:And "Dud", have a freakin' dip. Get an opinion. This is it. Ya get to vote. This is our choice. Forward, forward, we must go forward.

Alternatively, we could decide to cop s*** from everyone. Up to us.
not really

the people that want to have a say will...and the ones that don't will just vote and be on their way

some supporters just want to see the team play and not get involved in all the backroom bickering

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

geez where'd that come from

i don't care if people care if i care ( :? )

to be honest, i never really thought anything was broken board-level, but apparently another group did, and now they're basically guarenteed to get in

so i would have thought end of discussion there

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

You fellas miss the point - we are a club, we have a constitution, we get a chance to vote. That's it.l

Of course the players don't want to get involved. Neither they should. But, the rest of us can have an opinion, and I've developed mine. And, I detest bloody nepotism - do you have the vaguest idea how "close" some of the current board are? Jesus, every friggin' step they take is designed to further each other's interests, and it's got naught to do with footy.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

dude, but whats getting all worked up about it gonna achieve?

the race is already won, i guarentee FF will win, so why does every second thread have to be about it?

i don't care if Chopper Reed is the next president, aslong as we're successful on field, i'm happy

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:dude, but whats getting all worked up about it gonna achieve?

the race is already won, i guarentee FF will win, so why does every second thread have to be about it?

i don't care if Chopper Reed is the next president, aslong as we're successful on field, i'm happy
oh but this is about being successfull on the field bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

i agree

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Dud, you Dude, I started this thread purely, and simply, on the basis of choice. I've read so much sh** this week about RB and GW, and most of it brought back to the individual posters.

My attiTUDE is simple. It is an election. There are 2 sides. Neither of them are evil. We have to vote. Our choices are clear. BUT WE GET TO VOTE- that's the point, and why all the fuss?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Footy First then

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Whoever says we have a 5 year plan - I will be putting my full support against them!!! :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote: You cannot run a $20 - $30M organisation with nepotism. And that's what we've got. Casey, Sheldon - it's not on. .
Butterss is related to Casey and Sheldon???? :shock:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.