frawley for pick 9?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Lynch Beast wrote:I would think it also involves west coast 2nd round pick (29 i think) going to you boys.

Out

West Coast : Chris Judd, Pick 29

Melbourne: Pick 4, Pick 21, James Frawley

St Kilda: Pick 9

In

West Coast : Pick 4, Pick 9, Pick 21 (already have Pick 13)

Melbourne: Chris Judd

St Kilda : James Frawley, Pick 29
Yeah, obviously we'd reject that.

I'm keener on Sylvia than Frawley, and he'll be available much cheaper than what he should be.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

QueenC
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:
ben_fff wrote:
rexy wrote:Would want more than just Frawley for 9. Frawley and Silvia for 9 I would take. Melbourne need this pick we should play hardball.
Yeah I'm sure the Dees would do this trade for pick 9.
is this sarcasm?

im not sure...im not good at judging trades, im always to biased towards making sure we end up with a better deal

but i reckon we are in a stronger negotiating position than melbourne

btw where was this rumour made? or is this just the view of saints premiers 2006?
Not necessarily......

West Coast have shown great interest in Frawley anyway but they would as you would expect prefer draft picks But if you guys don't or won't help us out then I am sure we could (and trust me I have my fingers crossed on this) make a deal that way as well.

QueenC
Club Player

evertonfc wrote: I'm keener on Sylvia than Frawley, and he'll be available much cheaper than what he should be.
Why? Just curious.
Last edited by QueenC on Fri 28 Sep 2007 9:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Lynch Beast wrote:I would think it also involves west coast 2nd round pick (29 i think) going to you boys.

Out

In

I'm keener on Sylvia than Frawley, and he'll be available much cheaper than what he should be.
i wouldnt be against the deal above...hesitant about 9 for frawley...but 9 for frawley + sylvia/later pick then im sold

QueenC
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:
i wouldnt be against the deal above...hesitant about 9 for frawley...but 9 for frawley + sylvia/later pick then im sold
You're kidding, right?!!!

ben_fff
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:
ben_fff wrote:
rexy wrote:Would want more than just Frawley for 9. Frawley and Silvia for 9 I would take. Melbourne need this pick we should play hardball.
Yeah I'm sure the Dees would do this trade for pick 9.
is this sarcasm?

im not sure...im not good at judging trades, im always to biased towards making sure we end up with a better deal

but i reckon we are in a stronger negotiating position than melbourne

btw where was this rumour made? or is this just the view of saints premiers 2006?
Yeah it's sarcasm, Sylvia is pretty highly rated and a #3 pick in the 2003 draft.

ben_fff
Club Player

Why is Sylvia supposed to be cheap?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

QueenC wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
You're kidding, right?!!!
some people severly overrate our players and underrate everyone elses...

get a grip people

probably the best we could do is pick 9 for frawley + secound rounder

and thats pushing it...although we do have a great bargaining chip and we should throw it around to see what can be done

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
rexy
SS Life Member

I understand what you are saying about under rating Silvia, however as we are not talking about any of our players I am not sure who is being over rated? Also you have to keep in mind that if melbourne are in the seat for Judd then they have to satisfy the eagles and to do that they have to satisfy another club with a top ten pick, It means they are going to have to give up something they are not happy about and hope that the Judd factor outweighs it.

Maybe this year?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Frawley as a straight swap for No 9 would seem to be tilted in the Dees favour.

While Frawley was 12 in the "super draft" and is a year older...many believe that at 12 that the Dees took him early.

Still we do need another FB option.

But if the rumour is true...perhaps the offer is there in part as the Dees may think that the Frawley name will make him more attractive to us.

But romance does not build a good list....hard-nosed selections do.

Personally I would like to see us get more for 9 than just Frawley........which may necessiate another player or two being involved and/ or other picks.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 30 Sep 2007 1:09am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Rooy_coin
Club Player

keep pick 9...

CARN THE SAINTERS!!!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:probably the best we could do is pick 9 for frawley + secound rounder
which is what i mentioned...

and sylvia is cheaper because of is failure to hit it up and serious personal problems

if we trade pick 9 for frawley id be mighty pissed off...you keep pick 9 for guns like adcock or sherman or for a combo deal for players like fevola - not a second year player who hasnt really shown anything to special

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

Out

In

me too

frawley learning for a season / maybe 2 under maxy is ideal in my opinion. sylvia or a later pick would make it a very tempting trade

#1 Ryder fan
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:probably the best we could do is pick 9 for frawley + secound rounder

and sylvia is cheaper because of is failure to hit it up and serious personal problems

if we trade pick 9 for frawley id be mighty pissed off...you keep pick 9 for guns like adcock or sherman or for a combo deal for players like fevola - not a second year player who hasnt really shown anything to special
i see your point however how can you possibly judge anything on a kid who has played 8 games??

adcock is going nowhere, we dont need fev, sherman will stay in brisbane

enlighten me

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Sherman's not any sort of a gun - he's massively overrated by some. Adcock can play. We won't get either, and neither we should - we should be pursuing blokes who can run - these two can't. EOA.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Sherman's not any sort of a gun - he's massively overrated by some. Adcock can play. We won't get either, and neither we should - we should be pursuing blokes who can run - these two can't. EOA.
100% correct

sherman is going to be the maligned player that every team has...

compare him to milne...so hot and cold and has the ability to pull the spectacular out of his behind

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
SaintBot wrote:

i see your point however how can you possibly judge anything on a kid who has played 8 games??

adcock is going nowhere, we dont need fev, sherman will stay in brisbane

enlighten me
i was using the players above as examples...they are the 'type' of players you trade your first round pick away for, ok pehaps not sherman so much but adcock and fevola for sure

how can i judge a kid on 8 games? i dont think i have...which is excactly my point, there is a big risk - we should caculate whether he is a 'better' risk than whoever we could land at pick 9

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Bot, your general point stands up well, Adock, Fevola in advance of Sherman. But, and I do stress But, none of 'em can run real quick. We need legspeed, badly. That's our dearth.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
ben_fff
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:Bot, your general point stands up well, Adock, Fevola in advance of Sherman. But, and I do stress But, none of 'em can run real quick. We need legspeed, badly. That's our dearth.
I disagree, I don't think we're horrible in the legspeed department, I think legspeed is completely overrated what we need is better use of the ball, I'm not saying that a couple of faster players wouldn't be helpful but how many blokes do you know are around on the market that can possess that type of speed and be good movers of the ball.

With the way we play football we need to be the type of team that is feared once we get possesion, much like the cats we need to be able to move the ball on fast not so much with feet as much as possesion and at times this year we look like we will be able to do that, especially in the games against the Hawks and the Crows.

Who have the Cats got that have blazing speed? same goes for the Doggies, the two teams over the last two seasons who have excelled with fast ball movement.

peter lockwood
Club Player

I hope we can get someone else thrown in as well.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

ben_fff wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:Bot, your general point stands up well, Adock, Fevola in advance of Sherman. But, and I do stress But, none of 'em can run real quick. We need legspeed, badly. That's our dearth.
I disagree, I don't think we're horrible in the legspeed department, I think legspeed is completely overrated what we need is better use of the ball, I'm not saying that a couple of faster players wouldn't be helpful but how many blokes do you know are around on the market that can possess that type of speed and be good movers of the ball.

With the way we play football we need to be the type of team that is feared once we get possesion, much like the cats we need to be able to move the ball on fast not so much with feet as much as possesion and at times this year we look like we will be able to do that, especially in the games against the Hawks and the Crows.

Who have the Cats got that have blazing speed? same goes for the Doggies, the two teams over the last two seasons who have excelled with fast ball movement.
was thinking the same thing here - however i disagree with your example of the bulldogs, they have built their team on legspeed

however, leg speed is overrated, not saying that it doesnt hurt to have it but its the speed a player is able to use the ball that is important

players like dal santo can use their creativity to cover for their lack of pace

ben_fff
Club Player

Dal for me is one of the most frustrating players I've watched, at times this year he's displayed that he has a whole heap of speed to burn, the bloke is fast when he wants yet as soon as the ball is in the oppositions hands he'll go into a medium jog unless they're within a metre of him.

Defensive pressure is where legspeed is the big factor and I'd say Alwyn Davey is one of the best examples of it, the kid is faster than most and uses it to his advantage I can remember some game at the start of the year him chasing down three blokes from the forward line to the centre then getting the ball, that's something I'd love to see, it lifts the side and it electrify's the crowd.

matty
Club Player

i say pick 9 brooks and a 3rd round pick for robertson, sylvia, lil spud and seaby??? cant remember his name atm. in a 3 way deal with melb and wce.

thats a fair deal since they are in the negative position. but probably unlikely, we should be mean spirited P...ks that everyone else has been to us, this is the time to pawn others.we need to stop the 100 yrs of BS disrespect, starting with this draft and continuing into the future.

carn saints

woooosaints
Club Player

matty wrote:i say pick 9 brooks and a 3rd round pick for robertson, sylvia, lil spud and seaby??? cant remember his name atm. in a 3 way deal with melb and wce.

thats a fair deal since they are in the negative position. but probably unlikely, we should be mean spirited P...ks that everyone else has been to us, this is the time to pawn others.we need to stop the 100 yrs of BS disrespect, starting with this draft and continuing into the future.

carn saints
LOL it was ok till you said seaby dont overrate our pick 9 and expect to get something for nothing doesnt work that way

PICK 9 2nd Rounder BROOKS for sylvia frawley and sylvia is fair

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

woooosaints wrote:
matty wrote:i say pick 9 brooks and a 3rd round pick for robertson, sylvia, lil spud and seaby??? cant remember his name atm. in a 3 way deal with melb and wce.

carn saints
LOL it was ok till you said seaby dont overrate our pick 9 and expect to get something for nothing doesnt work that way

PICK 9 2nd Rounder BROOKS for sylvia frawley and sylvia is fair
sylvia x2!?! no thanks :wink: