Collingwood - getting desperate for Judd

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood - getting desperate for Judd

collingwood are now the front runners for Judd but can't put together a package for WCE.

with pick 14, collingwood wont give away any of its players and have offered a package of rubbish. they have also approached richmond, melbourne, carlton, etc with rubbish packages to get their draft picks.

while Judd has been lured with teh promise of eddies millions, collingwood refuse to offer anything that WCE want. which is a player of quality and a top 10 draft pick or two top 10 draft picks.

collingwood have listed about 10 players as untouchable and basically want Judd for GOPS and pick 14. carlton have offered pick 3 pick and some quality,

melbourne have offered their first round pick and less quality, although judd doesn't seem interested in the dees.

essendon are also struggling to put together a package for WCE, as much of their talent is in the latter part of their careers.

--------------------

many of the teams interested in Judd, wont let go their top picks and certainly wont entertain the rubbish offered by collingwood.

PLEASE LET US NOT BE THE TEAM to pick up rubbish from collingwood

I think if injury free, josh fraser is worth looking at, releasing Kosi to FF.

and a fraser/gardiner ruck combo looks interesting.

either that or thomas or pendlebury. (which collingwood have listed as no gos but if they get desperate...)

i think dudak is talented but he is damaged goods.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saint 58
Club Player

Collingwood will not give up talent, so they're stuffed.

I remember Brisbane saying they would make the Pies bleed to get Buckley, and in the end they settled for Starcevich & Lehman which was basically a paper cut :roll:

So yeah, lets not accept any s*** from the Pies - F*** 'em. :D

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

LOL....please dont be gullible and read everything u see in the papers. It's called "reading between the lines". There is a lot happening as we speak.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:LOL....please dont be gullible and read everything u see in the papers. It's called "reading between the lines". There is a lot happening as we speak.
i realise that, but you missed out on nick stevens because you thought you had the whip hand in the dealings, port did the right thing IMO, instead of accepting rubbish.

to some degree we should have done the same with locket and obrien, even hall we got dal santo out of it, but sydney put us over the barrel.

same with the heath black and begley deals, we were barrelled.

IMO we treated carlton with respect with the hamill deal, and to some degree we barrelled WCE wrt FG (although they did get kerr, heaps of other clubs passed him over to pick 14 i think?)

collingwood can't barrel WCE because carlton and melbourne are in the hunt and have comparable room in the salary cap.

I wouldn't think we owe collingwood any favours and would be happy to take advantage of your club's attempt to get judd.

IMO if you were to lose a pendlebury or similar for pick 9, and score Judd, the fans would be rapt.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:LOL....please dont be gullible and read everything u see in the papers. It's called "reading between the lines". There is a lot happening as we speak.
And just what is happening?
Please elaborate!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

It is pretty simple really, we are not in the picture with Judd.

If the four clubs that are want our #9 to satisfy WC they have to give up to get it.

Collingwood: Pendlebury or Thomas - they wont do it but that would be our demand and they can take it or leave it.

Melbourne: Brock McLean as long as he is OP free - read above.

Essendon: Stanton or Gumbleton - read above.

Carlton: Murphy - read above.

If the clubs want our pick they can pay above odds for it, if not we accept not being a part of the deal and pick the best kid in the draft.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

I actually had to laugh, but read how Dick Pratt offered Judd the captaincy at the booze. Great for stability and others' who have served their time. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Strong rumours around that Carlton is out of the running. Would not surprise, they are back in the dark ages where they think players are impressed by a mansion and talk.

What happens to Carlton post Pratt?

saintm
Club Player

If I was Collingwood I don't think I would be too keen on giving up any of the talent that left me 5 points short of a Grand Final berth either.

But I guess you can't have it both ways.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Someone will give in and either take a shyte deal to get it done or someone will end up with a gun player for a first rounder.

I think WC will buckle and end up taking what they can get because Juddy is all nice now but if they dont come to terms to suit him he will say F*** em i'm going to the Tigers and you can get nothing then the Tigers will lose nothing in the deal and build a very good side around him, its going to end up a bit like a divorce start off on talking terms and end up wanting to kill each other :lol:

Someone WILL give into the pressure of getting Judd one way or the other its going to be interesting times ahead hope we end up in the mix somehow within it and end up with a bargain like Fraser after he gets the shytes from being thrown around from pillar to post from his loyal club wanting Judd.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Judd is certainly a brilliant player but it seems to me I am glad we are out of the running, as its going to cripple who ever gets him unless via the PSD.

IMO collingwood cant' get him for nothing, unlike richmond, and Im sure judd wont want to go to richmond.

carlton? maybe, they are certainly competitive and should have won 9 or so games.

melbourne, were damaged with injuries, and are a better team than their ladder position.

Collingwood would seem the best fit for Judd, but they must be willing to pay for him or he'll go else where.

eddie sounds a bit like some our fans when they offer package deals of 2 rubber bands, a soiled towel, gwilt, brooks and pick 174 for judd.

a straight swap of thomas and pendlebury for judd will deliver the premier midfielder to collingwood IMO.

and cut out the middlemen.

fraser (if fit) + a gop for pick 9,

pick 9 + thomas = judd.

etc.

they must trade quality to get quality.

carlton and melbourne have high enough picks they dont want to give away much.

freo and richmond are the usual stooges but they are showing a reluctance to trade their draft picks this season.

SHUT UP KRIME!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

During the Fraser Gehrig deal, West Coast basically snubbed their noses at Collingwood. West Coast have no respect for the way that Collingwood tries to arrange trades - with the Magpies typically offering rubbish for top quality players and then holding their ground as if to say "We are the mighty Magpies and we get what we want at the price we want.". (well, it works in their dealings with the AFL)

My guess is that West Coast's opinion of Collingwood has not changed, and if Judd nominates Collingwood as his preferred club, the deal is likely to fall over.

If Collingwood don't get fair dinkum, then a club like Richmond might suddenly enter the picture as an option for Judd.

Collingwood will need to give up Brown, Reid, and a high draft pick if they want their man. Good luck!!!!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:It is pretty simple really, we are not in the picture with Judd.

If the four clubs that are want our #9 to satisfy WC they have to give up to get it.

Collingwood: Pendlebury or Thomas - they wont do it but that would be our demand and they can take it or leave it.

Melbourne: Brock McLean as long as he is OP free - read above.

Essendon: Stanton or Gumbleton - read above.

Carlton: Murphy - read above.

If the clubs want our pick they can pay above odds for it, if not we accept not being a part of the deal and pick the best kid in the draft.
Get thee to our Recruiting Dept and if they arent shouting these terms from the rooftop, then climb up there and do it for them!!

These are the heavily skewed deals we should be aiming it for our Pick 9.., nothing less. If the other big clubs wanna soil their shorts over Judd, then let us be the benficiaries of that

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saint Mik
Club Player

What happens when WC either hold out and keep saying no
(Judd to Tigers)

WC buckle and its Judd to the Pies for F*** all

I would LOVE to see the first one happen would be good all round because both the WC and the Pies dont get what they want and this can only be a good thing :lol:

C'mon Juddy do the right thing and just go to the Tigers for nothing your still at the G but only after we secure a gun from someone wanting your services cheers.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

concur

we should let them court us, similar to what Judd is doing.

IMO pick 9 isn't usually worth that much as a trade.

this year with adcock and judd, and posibly josh fraser, sherman and a few others, there will be choice picking.

further there might be some talent in the PSD for the teams in the bottom 4 or 5

nick stevens, jade rawlings were two that were tremendously weighted a few years ago.

the veale logarithm was footscray trying to trade with honor, frankly they should have shafted hawthorn IMO.

SHUT UP KRIME!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Youd have to think the Eagles would feel more comfortable if Judd went to Melb Rich or CARLT as they arent really going to challenge in say the next 2 years while they themselves are at the top.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
bozza1980
Club Player

If our trade with West Coast for Gehrig is anything to judge them on, regardless of the decision Judd makes, The Eagles will steel seek the deal that is best for them.

If memory serves me correctly, G wanted to be traded to Collingwood, however we came in and came to terms with West Coast. This meant that until we agreed to rescind the deal with the eagles, G-Train was bound for Mooarabbin or the Pre-Season draft. (Ofcourse we had the first pick in that season's pre-season draft)

When the push comes to shove, unless he wants to become a Tiger, 2nd or 3rd options may become more appealing to Chrissy boy as the clock ticks by on trade week.

Washedup
Club Player

melbourne have offered their first round pick and less quality, although judd doesn't seem interested in the dees.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Whilst it does seem as though Collingwood are Judds prefered choice, the Dees are very much still in the running

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Washedup wrote:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Whilst it does seem as though Collingwood are Judds prefered choice, the Dees are very much still in the running
the dees are trying to use sentiment to woo him while collingwood are using thier facilitys carlton are throwing money and essendon are hoping wc want the west aussies back mean while richmond are just sitting back and waiting for the fall out .

fun times ahead

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:I actually had to laugh, but read how Dick Pratt offered Judd the captaincy at the booze. Great for stability and others' who have served their time. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Strong rumours around that Carlton is out of the running. Would not surprise, they are back in the dark ages where they think players are impressed by a mansion and talk.

What happens to Carlton post Pratt?
with a bit of luck they will fold or be relocated to nsw..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Judd is certainly a brilliant player but it seems to me I am glad we are out of the running, as its going to cripple who ever gets him unless via the PSD.

yep...

.... :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
QueenC
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Washedup wrote:
the dees are trying to use sentiment to woo him while collingwood are using thier facilitys carlton are throwing money and essendon are hoping wc want the west aussies back mean while richmond are just sitting back and waiting for the fall out .

fun times ahead
That's totally true, we have absolutely played the sentiment card (Gary Lyon and Jim Stynes were at the meeting - and it is common knowledge that Judd wears #3 as a tribute to his favourite Demon player as a kid), as we are the only ones with that up our sleeve. So why not use it?!!!

That being said there is a new feel about the Dees at the moment. New coach, new manager, new footy department from top to bottom, and a new attitude (and please trust me on that - things are already being handled within the club differently) to boot, and something that seems to have been forgotten is that our facilities will be comparable, if not superior, to the Maggies within the next two years. I know that is hard to imagine, but it is the way it is with the Olympic Park development.

Money for us is also not an issue, we have plenty of room in the cap and we are capable of spending the money (apparently) needed to secure his services. But if this comes down to nothing more than coin than of course the Pies are in front but I honestly don't think that will be everything. And if it is everything then Judd becomes more of a mercenary than I would ever have thought. he has a chance to create a new legacy at the Demons and that, while sentimental is also quite obvious.

And we have the better draft pick, which is what the Coast want. And the Pies will have to move heaven and earth to get this aspect of the deal. Are they willing to off some of their young talent? Who knows. Of course despite all the rumblings of this being a done deal it is anything but, and no-one really knows anything and all reports at this stage are pure speculation.

We will just have to wait and see :? !!!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

if Melbourne had have taken Sheedy, i suspect their chances to get Judd would have improved greatly

whoever he chosses WC will have to deal with, because anything is better than nothing, and WC would not want to end up losing Judd and getting nothing for him

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Collingwood - getting desperate for Judd

Dan Warna wrote:and a fraser/gardiner ruck combo looks interesting. i think dudak is talented but he is damaged goods.
since we are pretty desperate for a ruckman i'd be interested in a deal to get fraser to moorabbin if the price was right and if his body isn't too stuffed with injuries.