Sweeney and Raymond gone!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Sweeney and Raymond gone!

good luck to them with their future endeavours, one maybe premature (sweeney, deserved one more year imo) but there was little doubt about Raymond going.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Source?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

actually a poster on this site who is very close to one of the 2 delisted players ( i know the player as well) received a text message confirming it from the players father, they will reveal themself if they please, yet they did not want to break the news.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

If true im displeased that Sweeney was never given a real go. Top 10 in VFL goal kicking 2 years in a row I think.

Carpe Diem
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

im not realy for sweeney going but im (like us all) are not really in a position to comment or judge

the cleanout of the deadwood begins...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Saint Corin wrote:If true im displeased that Sweeney was never given a real go. Top 10 in VFL goal kicking 2 years in a row I think.
agree Corin..i dont think that it would have hurt for him to have one more year..he costs us no more than minimum wage.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Potential is a dirty word, but to me Sweeney seemed to have so much, enough to merit a spot on the list for one more year. There were games in the VFL where when he got to the ball or was around he, he just made things happen(although didnt get to the ball enough). I just hate to die wondering, I would've rather him been given a fair go and it not working out, then just delisting him. :cry:

Carpe Diem
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well at least Sweeney can tell his grand kids that he played AFL footy which is more than 99.9% can...Raymond never cracked it.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Poor decision about Sweeney. Should have been given a real go. Was impressed with his game v Hawthorn. Could have been that X factor we lack up forward.

The Saints are coming!
SaintWodonga
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:Poor decision about Sweeney. Should have been given a real go. Was impressed with his game v Hawthorn. Could have been that X factor we lack up forward.
I get the feeling there is something we don't know about, because on the surface, it looks like he should have stayed on.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

SaintWodonga wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:Poor decision about Sweeney. Should have been given a real go. Was impressed with his game v Hawthorn. Could have been that X factor we lack up forward.
I get the feeling there is something we don't know about, because on the surface, it looks like he should have stayed on.
correct you are...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
SaintWodonga wrote:
correct you are...
HBoth had to go. One was not good enough the other was better than alot but there is more to it than being a good player.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Might want to change your sig. plugger66.

Have to say these two would be the first two on the chopping block for me.

Beyond that, it's hard to pick any delistings outside of Rookies, unless there are issues with attitude beyond my view.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't Sweeney have attitude problems?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
luckysaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote: HBoth had to go. One was not good enough the other was better than alot but there is more to it than being a good player.
mMany more to go? I think i remember you alluding to 6-7 players going including retirements, have the goal post changed of late?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

luckysaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote: HBoth had to go. One was not good enough the other was better than alot but there is more to it than being a good player.
mMany more to go? I think i remember you alluding to 6-7 players going including retirements, have the goal post changed of late?
Not at all. Still Brooks, Voss and probably Ferg to go.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

I read somewhere the Voss was still pondering about retirement I think.

Carpe Diem
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
luckysaint wrote:
Not at all. Still Brooks, Voss and probably Ferg to go.
agree plugger.. although i like ferg for some reason and would like him to stay

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The other was better than a lot but there is more to it than being a good player.
I spoke with an ex-saints Club Doc not long ago and he indicated that one of Bevo's blind points was that he did not look at a players character etc enough when making his recommendations.....which is a large reason why the Saints seem to have recruited a disproportionate number of players with "issues".

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I don't see the point of delisting more than 2 or 3, given our retirements this year already include Gehrig, Thompson, M. Clarke.

Essentially trading players who have had some time in the system, with an unknown 4th and 5th round draft pick, and/or more Rookies. I still firmly believe that Brooks has something to offer, more than Watts in any case.

IF we trade players to gather some extra 3rd or 4th round draft picks, then perhaps this might work to our advantage.
Last edited by Otiman on Mon 17 Sep 2007 12:38am, edited 1 time in total.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Brooks is a nugget, has done sweet FA and has been there a darn sight longer than sweeney. How in gods name do you justify that?

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

fonz_#15 wrote:Brooks is a nugget, has done sweet FA and has been there a darn sight longer than sweeney. How in gods name do you justify that?
I agree totally, but for arguments sake. Brooks apparantly has the talent and potential and that buys him some time, as does being a tall(more time to develop), and the knee injury set him back, etc. I don't get it either, but not much we can do :evil:

Carpe Diem
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Doesn't Sweeney have attitude problems?
Not anymore....apparently..

:lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Do u guys r'ber when TS40 got the axe, it was rumoured that the day b4 the deadline that 1 more Saint may cop it too...
we all thought that that mysterious Saint may have been Raph Clarke but the rumour mill has it that was Sweeney that may have gone due to his attitude.

He did make a bit of a late season surge to keep his spot but by then IMO it was pbly too late... when you're not an amazingly gifted player you have to work 100% 100% of the time to make it and he pbly didn't

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:Do u guys r'ber when TS40 got the axe, it was rumoured that the day b4 the deadline that 1 more Saint may cop it too...
we all thought that that mysterious Saint may have been Raph Clarke but the rumour mill has it that was Sweeney that may have gone due to his attitude.

He did make a bit of a late season surge to keep his spot but by then IMO it was pbly too late... when you're not an amazingly gifted player you have to work 100% 100% of the time to make it and he pbly didn't
it could never have been him since he had only een on the list 1 year and draftees must play at least 2