New Answers fromFootyFirst/Board Challenge Updates

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

New Answers fromFootyFirst/Board Challenge Updates

Go to end of string for latest UPDATES....
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 14 Sep 2007 12:59pm, edited 22 times in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Me thinks a few radios may have just been turned on :wink:

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I got the internet link up now thanks for the warning

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

talking on Bailey first...

Burke said he was very impressive BUT had not known of him prior.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully some of Bailey's insight may help us :wink:

Most Impressive was his character..

Also very detailed plan of how to take the Dees forward including restructuring..

Had good insights and ideas of how the game should be played....in particularly looking at where the goals came from....and the various ways of getting goals.

Concentration on a game plan to get goals from stoppages....

Had firm ideas on possible trades, how to improve current players (including using them in different postions).....

His big point is that he is TEACHING coach....positional training, what players should do etc.

Bailey seems himself as improving players knowledge of the game.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

On to the Board Challenge..playing past Buterss interview..

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Burkey said:

Too early to pre-empt. Nothing will happen today!!!!!!!!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

apparently nothing will happene today

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

well that wasa let down!!!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Said that people have concerns...and that these should come to light in the not too distant future.......

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if Nathan Burke will cop the same scathing attacks on him here as Butters suffered for talking about the potential Board challenge on Saturday?

Oh BTW not from me. Glad one of the faceless agitators has finally had the courage to actually speak in public.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

WORK Call..so missed a few MINUTES :cry:

But came back with Burkey refrring to membership and that we need to be in front of the game

Burkey still weighing up whether he will be involved in a challenge...so he has not yet decided.

He said that what is Most important is what is BEST for the St Kilad Football Club..and that will guide him.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Did not commit to joining a ticket

a bit vague with a few of the answers but obviously does not want to give anything away

but very much sitting on the fence at this stage....

admitted football dept area (this were his experience could have input)

does not seem to know too much about westaway

but could just be holding his cards close to his chest....

Is the media just beating this( burkies) involvement up a bit!!

saint4life
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Interesting that when KB asked about Butterrs request to sit down and havea cup of coffee....that Burkey said that he knew that Butters and been successful in the past with this methhod of speaking with other past challenges to the Board.

asiu

thanx for the 'heads up'

interesting

'.....whats best for the st kilda footy club ....'

and so say i , and hopefully all of us

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

My take......reading between the lines.... Burke is not a main driver of the "alterantes" and is instead someone that they want on their ticket to add credibilty to it......both for Burkey being who he is....as well as to have football credibility on their Board as well as a FAIR DINKUM Saints man.

He sees sense in some of what the "aternates" wish to address.......but probably still has not his mind up if a Board Challenge (with him on the ticket) is what is best for the Saints.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 10 Sep 2007 11:33am, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Said that people have concerns...and that these should come to light in the not too distant future.......
Oh I spoke too soon.

How about letting the members know what the concerns are instead of this destabilisation by stealth and innuendo :roll: :roll:

Sounds like a bunch of rabid egotists attempting to replace a rabid bunch of egotists :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

My opinion was that he was not cmfortable with the whole interview about Board issues - almost sounded nervous. Compare the way he spoke about the Dean Bailey appointment at Melbourne - Confident, assured, knew what he was talking about, totally at ease with his part of the 'process'.

I reckon he has committed to the 'new ticket' but is uncomfortable with the politics side of this issue.

I am not sure why he agreed to come on the program if he was not prepared to discuss what would have obviously been asked of him - the Board challenge.

All other weeks he never comes on the programme on a Monday because he has a role with the MRP on Mondays.

I must say I am a tad confused as to the motivation of appearing given the 'wishy-washy' responses to the interview :?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I wonder if Nathan Burke will cop the same scathing attacks on him here as Butters suffered for talking about the potential Board challenge on Saturday?
Silly attacks if you ask me....fair enough that RB committed to stop talking about GT..and good too...

But to expect a guy who is CURRENTLY still the President of the Saints to not to talk to the media about issues to do with the Saints is rubbish......not to mention completely irrelevant from an undertaking to not talk about GT in the media.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Said that people have concerns...and that these should come to light in the not too distant future.......
Oh I spoke too soon.

How about letting the members know what the concerns are instead of this destabilisation by stealth and innuendo :roll: :roll:

Sounds like a bunch of rabid egotists attempting to replace a rabid bunch of egotists :D
TBH you need a big ego to lead a board.

you probably need a big ego to be coach also.

if your ego is too 'fragile' a season like st kilda's might damage you.

IMO if fiora was more like hamill he would be an absolute winner, fiora has more talent than a lot of other guys going around, and the mystical 'pace' which saints fans purport to desire from our players.

when is a big head, too big a head is where problems may start.

(ie caydn beetham :D)

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
This is what interests me -

Why is it destabilizing?

Who is it destabilizing?

Why is every Board challenge in the footy world considered an 'implosion'?

Isn't this healthy? People out there see areas of concern with our current Board and/or President, and want it fixed.

Will it stop you buying a membership next year?

Will it stop players re-signing? Or prompt players to leave?

Will it impact the players' pre-season?

Will it impact sponsorship?

The only one I see as being an issue is the sponsorship.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

I am not sure why he agreed to come on the program if he was not prepared to discuss what would have obviously been asked of him - the Board challenge.
1/ Burkey has a regular slot on SEN.....and is probably contracted to be on....and so that is why he was on

2/ However he could have said "no comment" on the Board Challenge......and only chatted on Bailiey, MRP etc....but he chose to say a little....but not a lot.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:TBH you need a big ego to lead a board.

you probably need a big ego to be coach also.

if your ego is too 'fragile' a season like st kilda's might damage you.

IMO if fiora was more like hamill he would be an absolute winner, fiora has more talent than a lot of other guys going around, and the mystical 'pace' which saints fans purport to desire from our players.

when is a big head, too big a head is where problems may start.

(ie caydn beetham :D)
Agree entirely Dan Warna. However it is one of the numerous allegation levelled at Rod Butters.

Just wondering why so many would think a new bunch of egotists would be any better, especally this trucking magnate bloke.

JoffaBurns and JeffDunne certainly dont seem to enamored with him personally.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: This is what interests me -

Why is it destabilizing?
Stealth - innuendo, whispers, no attempts to meet with the current board, or president, talk of EGM's and spills of the board. Is that normal practice year in year out?
rodgerfox wrote:Who is it destabilizing?
Yes - my point exactly.
rodgerfox wrote:Why is every Board challenge in the footy world considered an 'implosion'?
Who said that? Plympton to Butters - handled beautifully.
rodgerfox wrote:Isn't this healthy? People out there see areas of concern with our current Board and/or President, and want it fixed.
Who are these faceless agitators? Healthy if we knew who they were and what they stood for.
rodgerfox wrote:Will it stop you buying a membership next year?
Irrelevant. I am not talking about the football supporting side of the club. As a member I would like the courtesy of the faceless few who are agitating through the press to show their faces and what they stand for.

I do not like these unknown people agitating behind the scences. Come out into the open and do it now. Show some courage instead of skulking around in the background.
rodgerfox wrote:Will it stop players re-signing? Or prompt players to leave?
Irrelevant to this thread
rodgerfox wrote:Will it impact the players' pre-season?
rodgerfox wrote:Will it impact sponsorship?

rodgerfox wrote:The only one I see as being an issue is the sponsorship.
Doesn't matter. Please stay OT.

This is about the faceless agitators skulking around in the background attempting to destabilise the club.

Lance or James??

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Agree entirely Dan Warna. However it is one of the numerous allegation levelled at Rod Butters.

Just wondering why so many would think a new bunch of egotists would be any better, especally this trucking magnate bloke.

JoffaBurns and JeffDunne certainly dont seem to enamored with him personally.
I dont know JBoy, I am willing to listen though.

I think that RB has let his personal feelings interfere in how he runs the club.

I am not impressed with our recruitment of gardiner, clarke and birss, and probably mcgough as well in the previous regime (i raged against that at the time)

I am no convinced about RL, althought I dont believe we should change again, unless leigh matthews comes to st kilda (I've heard some 'interesting' things regarding sheedy and pagan that would dissuade me from wishing they came to st kilda)

what does the new 'board' offer? i will listen and then like any election make my mind up.
Last edited by Dan Warna on Mon 10 Sep 2007 11:56am, edited 1 time in total.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!