OFFICIAL - trade rumours/wishlist thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mrtanz

with the need for at least a half decent ruckman is it ridiculous to say that llane spaanderman from wce should be looked at? i know he's already been at 2 clubs (bris and wce) but is young and goes ok and i think it wouldn't be the worst pick up (maybe 2nd or 3rd round pick for him)

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Wasn't Spandermaan heading in the Lawrence Angwin direction?

mrtanz

maybe not then if thats true. i just reckon that we should be looking at any young back up ruckmen from other clubs coz drafting a ruckman straight from the tac cup usually means waiting 2-3 years for them to develop physically and god only knows when a decent ruckman was around the club

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

I still think Jolly would be a mighty good pick up- If he does a Judd and says I want to go home, and nominates us as preferred club (due to RL connection, for example) he would be a terrific pick up!!

The Saints are coming!
Shades
Club Player

Judd 4 PM if he comes 2 saints if not his skum

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mrtanz wrote:with the need for at least a half decent ruckman is it ridiculous to say that llane spaanderman from wce should be looked at? i know he's already been at 2 clubs (bris and wce) but is young and goes ok and i think it wouldn't be the worst pick up (maybe 2nd or 3rd round pick for him)
Surely this is a joke.

luckysaint
Club Player

Sam Butler from the eagles and Brad Moran from north might be worth a go, wouldn't give too much for them though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

luckysaint wrote:Sam Butler from the eagles and Brad Moran from north might be worth a go, wouldn't give too much for them though.
Seconds players. No.

luckysaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
luckysaint wrote:Sam Butler from the eagles and Brad Moran from north might be worth a go, wouldn't give too much for them though.
Seconds players. No.
I thought that the only thing that kept Butler out of the West Coast Eagles line up was injury?

Brad Moran is probably a bit ambitious.

Sam23
SS Life Member

luckysaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Seconds players. No.
I thought that the only thing that kept Butler out of the West Coast Eagles line up was injury?
Correct, I doubt Plugger would now apologize because he is a snide arrogant bastard lately, but yeh anyway :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:
luckysaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Seconds players. No.
Correct, I doubt Plugger would now apologize because he is a snide arrogant bastard lately, but yeh anyway :)
Thanks for those kind words. Much appreciated.

Sam23
SS Life Member

What happened to you lately....you seem to think your better than everyone else becasue you know people?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:What happened to you lately....you seem to think your better than everyone else becasue you know people?
You had a go at me and I didnt have a go back and you still comment. Sorry should I have abused you.

I certainly dont think I am better and who do I know apart from my mates.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Mates?..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:Mates?..
Your not being very nice.

Sam23
SS Life Member

I like your inside knowledge and when you want to you can be a good poster, but lately very boring and predictable...but what do you care, right...

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:I like your inside knowledge and when you want to you can be a good poster, but lately very boring and predictable...but what do you care, right...

it's plugger66au with all the really good inside news.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

So far, we've officially been notified that we're interested in Judd, although it doesn't seem too likely that
a) he would want to come here
b) we could offer them a good enough package

Is there anyone else that Sheldon has expressed interest in? Jolly? Pettifer?

The Saints are coming!
fisher_fan
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:So far, we've officially been notified that we're interested in Judd, although it doesn't seem too likely that
a) he would want to come here
b) we could offer them a good enough package

Is there anyone else that Sheldon has expressed interest in? Jolly? Pettifer?
I don't think so. I just hope when they realise its official they won't get him that it's to late to go afte a Pettifer or a Jolly. I would have to miss out on one of them because we put to much into trying to get the ungettable.

roo+hayes=flag
Club Player

I think we need to look at getting a reconised and proven FF. We could offer Rixy and 2nd rnd pick for fev or give them pick 9 for fev and Kennady

Keep on rolling Harvs
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

wow you must be important cause you wrote in really big letters and (even though you failed) purple text :roll: :roll: :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
dalboy
Club Player

Was reported on CH 10 news tonight that we are having a big go at Fev...talk of giving pick 9 for him. Hope this is wrong. While he can be a great player he can also be a great tool and we don't need his attitude imo.

Happiness is a warm pie!
Megamaguire
Club Player

Fev probably not worth pick 9

dalboy wrote:Was reported on CH 10 news tonight that we are having a big go at Fev...talk of giving pick 9 for him. Hope this is wrong. While he can be a great player he can also be a great tool and we don't need his attitude imo.
Fev is undoubtedly a sweet long kick for goal and is able to lead and lead - great but the down side is his unstable character (as i see it). Perhaps this would even out at Saint Kilda where we are currently blessed with a group of no rubbish focused players that are genuinely aiming for success. Fev may well blossom at Moorabbin and knuckle down who knows. Loosing Pick 9 for him might sweeten a judd 3 -way deal but our club can't afford to to let top picks go . Fev and Pick 9. both suggest possible stability - we have to play hard ball and entice carlton or the eagles to release a young genuine prospect to sweeten OUR deal

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Davo027
Club Player

Hille ?

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Hille would be a useful pick up Davo... particularly if we can get Gardiner up and running. I think Hille would thrive as a 2nd ruckman, with say, 25-30% game time in the ruck and 30-35% up forward, alternating with Gardiner, and Kosi as a relief ruckman, permanent FF. That would be a frightening trio of talls...

The Saints are coming!