Wallace......"Tell St Kilda we're coming to play...&quo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wallace......"Tell St Kilda we're coming to play...&quo

http://sportal.com.au/default.aspx/afl- ... rade-34507

Tell Terry that:

1. SHOULD Collingwood win......we also will be there to play...

2. SHOULD Collingwood lose........we look forward to as big as slide/draft pick as we can get our grubby fingers on...

This guys spent to long in a solarium and fried his brain surely.....

“Yeah….nah””
Carl Mynott
Club Player

This same guy used to rattle on that if St Kilda won a flag after getting their fair share of early draft picks it would be like stealing a flag or cheating or some garbage along those lines.Does anyone remember,he wrote a few articles on the subject.......

I think it was worrying him so much his hair started receding.....

:P

The more things change the more they stay the same
casey scorp
Club Player

Carl Mynott wrote:(Wallace said)....if St Kilda won a flag after getting their fair share of early draft picks it would be like stealing a flag or cheating...
Getting draft choices and building a team seems quite an honorable way of getting a flag compared to the AFL assisted rorting of rules (Barry Hall - Sydney) and drug assisted (Eagles) methods in recent years.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

thank you terry...now go f*** yourself

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

If Collingwood lose, I hope we finish 13th and grab pick four.

That would actually be a pretty damn good result draft-wise; two picks in the top 20.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:14am, edited 1 time in total.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

aussierules0k wrote:Re: Tanking.

It's absolute rubbish and I'll tell ya's why. No matter how much a team sport afl is, deep,deep down every player wants some glory. It don't matter which match. No player would tank, they have their family and friends watching, they play well for them - not us. To think a player in the bottom 6 would not play his guts out this week and try to cement a spot for next year is ridiculous...imho. Tanking is the worst conspiracy theory I've ever heard! Over rated and over talked about on SEN.
If Adelaide beats Collingwood, watch us go down to the Tiges in a noble, hard-fought 3-4 goal loss. 8-)

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:24am, edited 1 time in total.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Yes, Richmond should come to play, otherwise there will only be the Saints at the ground

St.Kenny
Club Player

Is doing us a favour by warning us. Lets not get defensive just hit the ground running

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:Is doing us a favour by warning us. Lets not get defensive just hit the ground running
yeppers if richmond and melbourne win, carlton get pick 1 and 2...

sif richmond would do that.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I completely agree with Wallace.

It's the most unbeleivable thing that we have comp which was built on pride and passion over 100 years, and we have a club who publicly 'wants' to lose.

It's simply disgusting.

If the Saints ever did this, I would never support them again.

If I was a Richmond fan I'd be stoked with what Wallace is saying. If I was a Carlton fan I'd be absolutely furious.

For that lying cheat Demetriou to then come out 'Baghdad Bob style' and claim that no one wants to lose sickens me even further.

As a Saints fan, I don't care what he's saying.

As a footy fan (just hanging in there by a thread) I'm also stoked to hear that some clubs still have a shred of pride.

Carlton disgust me.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I

For that lying cheat Demetriou to then come out 'Baghdad Bob style' and claim that no one wants to lose sickens me even further.

lol at baghdad bob for vlad, its so true...

1. no one cheats at the salary cap any more (LOL)
2. there are no drugs in the AFL (LOL)
3. our testing program is adequate (LOL LOL ROFLMAO)
4. no team tanks (LOL, SWAN came out and basically said collingwood and carlton tanked)
5. the umpiring has never been better (LOL)
6. absolute faith in the integrity of the tribunal (LOL)
7. North Melbourne are a viable football club (LOL - even sydney never received the financial handouts north have had over the past decade)
8. absolute faith in the quality of management of TD

on and on and on and on

Baghdad Vlad is an incompetent moron who has been gifted the CEOship of one of the great organisations in aus with in excess of 1billion turnover p/a.

he brings nothing to the table

SHUT UP KRIME!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

aussierules0k wrote:ooohhh... and Terry "told" the blues too... oooohhh, insinutating they would be tanking. He's a joke.

Re: Tanking.

It's absolute rubbish and I'll tell ya's why. No matter how much a team sport afl is, deep,deep down every player wants some glory. It don't matter which match. No player would tank, they have their family and friends watching, they play well for them - not us. To think a player in the bottom 6 would not play his guts out this week and try to cement a spot for next year is ridiculous...imho. Tanking is the worst conspiracy theory I've ever heard! Over rated and over talked about on SEN.
Well, I don't think tanking is generally held to even be in the hands of the players, but...

Ever heard of Shoeless Joe Jackson or the Chicago Black Sox?

I'm not saying either that money changes hands, or players would either be instructed or follow an instruction to lose... but ask yourself, by your own logic: Brendon Fevola marks the ball, as he lines from 55, the siren sounds. The Blues are 5 points down. What do you do? Keeping in mind that the Blues will be better in the short, long and middle term with Kreuzer, that is best chance of being a hero is a quickly improved Carlton, because he will not be remembered as a hero by the fans for kicking that goal.

I agree that tanking is overhyped. If people really find it offensive, perhaps a draft lottery, and abolishing priority picks would ease some minds. Personally, while I'm amused to hear Demitriou claim it doesn't exist, I don't really think it's a big deal as long as we're talking about Carlton and Melbourne at the bottom of the ladder over draft picks and long term winning, and not a new Black Sox.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I completely agree with Wallace.

It's the most unbeleivable thing that we have comp which was built on pride and passion over 100 years, and we have a club who publicly 'wants' to lose.

It's simply disgusting.

If the Saints ever did this, I would never support them again.

If I was a Richmond fan I'd be stoked with what Wallace is saying. If I was a Carlton fan I'd be absolutely furious.

As a Saints fan, I don't care what he's saying.

As a footy fan (just hanging in there by a thread) I'm also stoked to hear that some clubs still have a shred of pride.

Carlton disgust me.
I agree with every single thing RogerFox has written.

To even consider "tanking" if Adelaide beat Collingwood on friday night makes me want to puke.

What type of self pride has the type of support who want to see their team lose any game, any where, any time???? :evil: :evil:

Go and support the team with no self esteem, and just want to do things the easy way.

You know the mob that bought flags for years, then cheated the SC to win another one, now wants to go down the easy path of "tanking", so they dont have to do the hard years of actually developing a player, but think they will just have a ready made team.

Tanking, and the clowns who champion it just put one more nail in the coffin of what was once a great football code, now twisted and contorted into a watered down, "soccer mom" friendly washed out compromised version of the code.

Add to that the blatant cheating by the AFL, the fixed draw, the extra SC for interstate clubs, the rigged draft and we have got a god awful game that will come a tumbling down.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yeppers, while I appreciate we recieved the players we did, I would trade them in to have won a flag in 99 when we had the team to do it.

i curse the day timmid came to the club.

SHUT UP KRIME!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Dan Warna wrote:yeppers, while I appreciate we recieved the players we did, I would trade them in to have won a flag in 99 when we had the team to do it.

i curse the day timmid came to the club.
Which in itself is a reminder to all that a great list in itself is no guarentee.

As Dan and Joffaboy allude, both coaching and development are things that cannot be drafted. A full, healthy and available list cannot be won via the draft.

Mental strength may be able to be drafted, but IMO, a winning culture is as important as talent... what seperated Port/Brisbane/St. K/Geelong in 2004? St. K had the talent, but also a young list that probably didn't feel the degree of urgency that Port did - ditto that for Geelong, both were probably in their own mind trying to overcome powerhouses as well, look ar R1 Bris v St. K, and then look at the subsequent seasons of both in 2005. On Grand Final day Port was hungry and urgent, Brisbane had played every round for 4 years and couldn't match it.

Teaching players it's okay to lose is dangerous in a world where with no guarentees, every edge is desirable.

That said, if I were Carlton, I'd still tank this weekend. If I were a supporter in the stands while a blue lined up for the winning goal after the final siren, at least part of me would be whispering "miss"... intangibles are great, but for the price of one week, I'd rather have the draft picks.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

lists and list management is an excuse...

north have been rubbish for years now in 07 laidley has made them competitive.

adelaide were rubbish under ayres, now they are competitive and possibly in for a 3rd finals appearance.

Brisbane were considered rubbish till lethal took charge.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Brisbane weren't rubbish when Lethal took over ... they had played finals in 96/97 and then had 1 poor year in 98 before boucing back up the ladder.

St Kilda have nothing to gain by losing against Richmond, and we won't.

It could be Banger and Gehrig's last game for the club ... you really think the players would want to send one or both of those two off in that way ???

Of course not ....

Of course, Richmond may beat us genuinely, although that would be hard to see IMO.

But even if Adelaide win .... the difference between 9th and 11th (our likely finish) is minimal.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

in 97 brisbane struggled into the finals on 10 1/2 wins and were duly dealt with, middle of the road who squeezed by on a favourable draw.

98 I forget how they went.

certainly not the conquerring team who terrified oppositions with their hawthorn 80s intimidation and aggression.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Brisbane from 1995 to 2000 finished:

8th, 3rd, 8th, 16th, 3rd, 6th

Matthews took over the year after they finished 16th, but they already had form and finals experience when he took over, and had a large group of players who were moving into the 25-26 year old age bracket ...

Not doubting he is a good coach, but he was given a lot more talent to work with than most people acknowledge.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

crap OWTS.

What do you mean "we have nothing to gain" buy losing to Richmond?

We could move up 4 spots in draft (subject to other results going our way) that's what's to gain!

Big deal if we lose, it only 1 loss.

So, if Adelaide win, for the sake for only 1 extra loss we can maybe get a better draft pick.

Will that strategy really upset anyone??

I think it is just being clever.

The AFL are to blame, don't blame Carlton or any other tanking clubs....

Make the draft a lottery for the bottom 8 spots and problemo solved and this would be a null and void argument!

But Dimwit doesn't want to fall on his sword and admit he is WRONG does he, the arrogant prick!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I don't want to lose Andrew Thomspon's last match.

The pain that bloke went through for us in 1999/2000/2001 deserves a little bit of reward in his last game for the club.

I acknowledge the benefits of losing, but in Thommo and potentially Banger's last match in the red, white and black, I reckon we inject some emotion into it ....

Go Saints.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

we are ST kilda we went how many years in the start of our history without a win whe have the most woodenspoons of any club we dont lose games when we can win them we try and win every game we play cause every win helps us move further away from our winless years !!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
RooandKosi
Club Player

Tell terry that richmond are StKildas bitches and ask him who the hell is going to tame the g train and reiwoldt???

not to mention Kosi who is fine form!!

um yeah good luck terry ya gonna need it buddy. :D