Ross Lyon Press Conference - FG won't get dropped ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.mart
SS Hall of Fame

2 things
If fraser needs his coach to come out and back him publicly and make him feel better - to motivate him.....I would be disappointed...

If he is courageous because he is playing injured, but then we use that as a reason for him nmaking ZERO impact....maybe he shoud NOT play injured....

BTW - I believe Fraser has been an influential player over the years at St.K.....he has won many games of his own boot, and contributed well in a lot of others......BUT.....he often goes missing against good opponents, and has his pet teams that he slaughters, and others he cannot get a kick against......the gap between his best and worst games is massive for a gun player......it is almost easy to predict when Fraser is going to play a role (look at who his opponent is)....and when he gets beaten, his defensive pressure is laughable........and he's not the toughest bloke going around...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

st.mart wrote:Intellectual lighweights......any knob that would have the arrogance to say that......is, well :roll:
Remember people read your posts aswell.....
Noticed you thought it was directed at you.

Hmmmm - interesting.

I didn't direct my post at any individual - but if the cap fits I suppose.

*shrugs*

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st.mart
SS Hall of Fame

don't really care if it was pointd at me......my opinions are only that....and you know what they say about opinions....

question is......why are people intellectual morons?
is that in comparison to you?
or is that just your opinion? :lol:

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

st.mart wrote:
Must be a great incentive for Watts and Co...knowing they won't get a gig no matter how well they do, or how bad their competition does.....

Then again Lyon has his favourites.........that much is obvious......CJ....cough, cough :roll:
I agree.

Find me a coach who doesn't have favourites though.

Frankie Peckett, who played under 5 coaches, said when he retired that all coaches have blokes they write off immediately, and others they love, and that you survive by working hard at every opportunity.

The thing with Fraser is ... he is playing with a broken hand, ruptured tendon in his foot and the flu, and still giving a return equal to what you could hope for from Watts/Brooks.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

st.mart wrote:don't really care if it was pointd at me......my opinions are only that....and you know what they say about opinions....

didn't call anyone a moron.

intellectual lightweight was the term used.

As i said it wasn't directed at anyone.

And as you also said everone has got an opinion. That may just be my opinion of the depth of intellectualism on this forum

Or could it be something more sinister??????.....................

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Quixote
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
st.mart wrote:don't really care if it was pointd at me......my opinions are only that....and you know what they say about opinions....

didn't call anyone a moron.

intellectual lightweight was the term used.

As i said it wasn't directed at anyone.

And as you also said everone has got an opinion. That may just be my opinion of the depth of intellectualism on this forum

I would have thought the 'depth of intellectualism on this forum' would be a culmination of the combined input of ALL of its users.

JB.

:lol: :wink:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
I would have thought the 'depth of intellectualism on this forum' would be a culmination of the combined input of ALL of its users.

JB.

:lol: :wink:
LOL - Sorry mate, I'm not intellectual enough to understand what you mean :wink:

Lance or James??

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I wish I was a lightweight.....but this slab I carry around with me doesn't allow for it!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
asiu

that all coaches have blokes they write off immediately,
actually wondered that, about one of my fave players...

does anyone think vossy might have fallen into that category with rl ?

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Aussie Bears wrote:No player should ever be put in that "never be dropped category"

if his form is ordinary he should be. what does this say to guys in the magoos who are BOG every week?????
and maybe that means Frase isnt going on next year

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Does Ross Lyon like to ask questions then answer them himself?

Yes.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Teflon wrote:This could simply be his way of demonstrating - "Im in the trench with you even when the doubters are knocking"..........Im sure AFL footballers are cynical and with reason...theyre people...they know the hundreds of back slappers come in the good times.........and search for knives quicker than a shakesperean tragedy when things arent going so well.....

Im not saying thats right or wrong I only offer it as a means of explaining why you would even say that.......maybe Lyon knows something bout Fraser and next year we dont....
Has someone hacked your account Teffers? :shock:

Very, and I mean VERY good post. One of the things I like most about Lyon is he'll never throw a player under a bus.

Answering the question the way he did takes the issue off the table too.

Same as when Gardiner was brought up. Hamill was bought up.

Vacillate on a subject and the media will help you debate the options. Answer it definitively and the issue is put to bed.
Apologies Jeff - Andrew from Hawthorn hacked into my account last night......good to see you feel he's making sense though... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””