Attendance v Dogs

This was our home game, is this a terrible crowd?

Huge game for both teams, yes a school night and apparently trains not working on one line

However surely we could have got this to 35k for a home game

Do the players feel flat when they run out to a vision of empty seats and low noise

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
SinCitySainter

Re: Attendance v Dogs

I didn't go because it was a Thursday night. The group I go with has a couple of 10 year olds you simply can't go on a school night.
Both of our home games to this point of the season have been Thursday night not a good way to get the youngsters interested.
The kids will finally get to a game in round 8, if by that stage they haven't decided that they can't be bothered because we are 2 - 5.

terry smith rules wrote: Tue 23 Apr 2024 11:49am 26,719

This was our home game, is this a terrible crowd?

Huge game for both teams, yes a school night and apparently trains not working on one line

However surely we could have got this to 35k for a home game

Do the players feel flat when they run out to a vision of empty seats and low noise

LOL - it was not low noise - there was plenty of noise before the game and lots of support for the players ........ then the siren rang to start the game!

I was going to go but learned that trains had been replaced by coaches on my line. That adds an hour to a trip both ways, on a night where I would have struggled to get home by midnight anyway.

I ooh’ed and aaah’ed RE driving but battling peak to either battle parking or pay $25 for a secure spot was also a challenge.

All round seemed like a recipe for a miserable night. Add in the dismal performance and it would have been a shocking evening

How about the team playing well. Isn't it a joint pact. Going is not cost free and generally the travel is not fun. Have prepaid membership, and gone to Geelong and MCG that's a reasonable show of good faith, no? Anyway had mid week commitment, what's with Thursday nights in winter, anyway, some ratings spike v Farmer wants a Wife?

Bowey Boy

Never should have left Moorabbin, then Waverley.
PS
On a schoolnight, etc etc.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black

The Saints just better start winning more games- people like winners, not also-rans. When we started dominating games under GT, the crowds started back big-time.

We do not play a home game on a weekend until Round 8. Meaning most children and elderly are unable to attend a game until May.

It's ridiculous fixturing.

By Friday night we'll have played more away games in Adelaide than home games at Docklands.

The club was always going to be up against it to get good crowds early in the season. Lucky we have 8 of our last 9 at Docklands, let's just hope our season is still alive.

Fixturing has been deplorable for the first part of the season for us.
Struggling clubs need home games at a family friendly time to build membership momentum.
Our only home games for the first seven weeks have been Thursday nights (during school times).
We've had one other game in Melbourne...Against a club that I refuse to pay money to go and see.
Hawthorn have had two home games, one on Easter Monday and the other a Saturday twighlight.
Richmond have also had two, both on Sundays.

The number 1 driver for bigger crowds would be performance on-field, which certainly hasn't been the case this season.

Speaking about this with many of the people I know that are Saints members over the years .
We all prefer fri/sat night , sat/sun arvo .
Any other times we all can't beef hooked .
Now perhaps if we were playing high scoring football we'd be more interested but God knows when that'll ever happen