Tribunal a new level of randomness

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

Re: Tribunal a new level of randomness

terry smith rules wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2024 9:41pm
Brunswicksainter wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2024 6:58pm Honestly if you want someone to blame, blame the class action cowards asking for a free handout from the AFL. Almost all of these heavily debated player incidents would not be up for discussion 10 years ago if it wasn’t for the AFL being sued left right and centre. The tribunal and Christian are under immense undue pressure.
So former players taking their own lives and young men having to retire because of concussion risks are “class action cowards”

10 years ago we didn’t know what we do now.

How about you have a think before you type

Or is that too hard
Mate have a deeper look into the detail of this current class action lawsuit and what some of the plaintiffs (most of which are not disclosing their names publicly) are demanding from the AFL. It is disgusting. 1 billion dollars demanded for a total of just 75 plaintiffs at present. I’m sorry but that is just ridiculously unreasonable. I’m sure there is some legitimate wrong doing from the AFL (particularly on incidents pre 90’s) although it has been stated the vast majority of these plaintiffs are players who have played more recently such as Picken and rooke. These are people who simply made terrible life choices knowing full well the dangers of what they were doing and now have their hands out for massive unwarranted compensation. To my knowledge none of the players who were forced to retire over the past 5 years from concussion are amongst the current plaintiff group and all of those players have/will receive handsome worker compensation payments. Not enough pushback in the media regarding this case and AFL journalists are just tip towing around the issue. These people need to be named and shamed for what they are doing to the game.